ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Figures From My Remap At Andy F's Today (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/556845-figures-from-my-remap-at-andy-fs-today.html)

Phil555 07 November 2006 07:40 PM

Figures From My Remap At Andy F's Today

Hi all, thought i'd share these with you all. Went up to see Andy F today, travelled from County Durham which is around 130ish miles. Got there at 10.00 am on the dot. Let the car cool down foor around 5 mins then Andy plugged her up (looked like a casualty victim with all the wires hanging off). Anyway, Andy uploaded the ECUTEK remap into the car and off we went down some nice straight & twisty roads where Andy lives, give the car some hammer in all sorts of gears and rev ranges.

Official figures from Andy are:-
(Still waiting for my graphs and readings from Andy as his printer was down)

328 bhp @ 6092 rpm
306 lbs ft torque

I think the turbo is running at 19psi (1.3 bar at full boost)

As you can imagine the ride home was a whole lot of fun :)

Big, big thankyou to Andy Forrest :notworthy . Like driving a different car.

Phil.

monkeyboy840 07 November 2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Phil555
Hi all, thought i'd share these with you all. Went up to see Andy F today, travelled from County Durham which is around 130ish miles. Got there at 10.00 am on the dot. Let the car cool down foor around 5 mins then Andy plugged her up (looked like a casualty victim with all the wires hanging off). Anyway, Andy uploaded the ECUTEK remap into the car and off we went down some nice straight & twisty roads where Andy lives, give the car some hammer in all sorts of gears and rev ranges.

328 bhp @ 6092 rpm
306 lbs ft torque

Phil.

what car is it and what mods?

Phil555 07 November 2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
what car is it and what mods?

Classic MY00 with

VF24 turbo
Ported, polished & wrapped headers & up-pipe
K&N panel filter
Walbro 255 fuel pump
3" revolution exhaust system (full decat)
Modified oil pump
ECUTEK remap

Phil

filfy 07 November 2006 08:56 PM

Nice figures:)
Andy F did a good job on mine to a couple years ago:notworthy

Phil555 07 November 2006 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by filfy
Nice figures:)
Andy F did a good job on mine to a couple years ago:notworthy

Pretty chuffed with what i got. Wasn't expecting them to be as high. Car feels and drives so much better. Hats off to the fella, he really knows his stuff.

Phil.

tay05 07 November 2006 09:08 PM

328 bhp @ 6092 rpm
306 lbs ft torque

Phil.

He did the same to my 93wrx with an Apexi Power FC about 6 weeks ago. Totally different car to drive now (in a good way), what a difference! Hard to believe its the same engine, can't wait to get it on the rollers. Fair do's, he's the man!!
Taylor.

Varboy 07 November 2006 10:08 PM

good output, bet you are pleased.

I opted for the VF24 on my newage, excellent turbos...

andythejock01wrx 08 November 2006 12:20 AM

Varboy, what are you getting bhp-wise with the VF24 ? And what's the lag and spool up point like ?

monkeyboy840 08 November 2006 09:22 AM

Classic MY00 with

VF24 turbo
Ported, polished & wrapped headers & up-pipe
K&N panel filter
Walbro 255 fuel pump
3" revolution exhaust system (full decat)
Modified oil pump
ECUTEK remap

Phil

excellent, hopefully that will bode well for my upgrade at API next week:

mines a MY03WRX which will have the following upgrades, hoping to make around 330bhp:

VF35 turbo
ported and wrapped headers
full decat exhaust
panel filter
ECUTec remap
Walbro 255 fuel pump
sti injectors

cant wait

HPLovecraft 08 November 2006 10:21 AM

excellent, hopefully that will bode well for my upgrade at API next week:

mines a MY03WRX which will have the following upgrades, hoping to make around 330bhp:

VF35 turbo
ported and wrapped headers
full decat exhaust
panel filter
ECUTec remap
Walbro 255 fuel pump
sti injectors

cant wait

How much (including the remap) is that going to rush you ? (if you don't mind)

Can the standard WRX gearbox take 330 ?

monkeyboy840 08 November 2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by HPLovecraft

will be just shy of £3K approx. been told the standard WRX gearbox on that year is good for a limit of around 350bhp-360bhp so 330bhp should be fine.

As long as I dont start trying 6K starts on a drag strip that is I assume.:lol1: then it would probably go bang.......

HPLovecraft 08 November 2006 11:53 AM

will be just shy of £3K approx. been told the standard WRX gearbox on that year is good for a limit of around 350bhp-360bhp so 330bhp should be fine.

As long as I dont start trying 6K starts on a drag strip that is I assume.:lol1: then it would probably go bang.......

I'm jealous now - I have a WRX300 (ie WRX PPP) and am beginning to crave more power - have you driven a WRX with power figures in the ball park you are aiming for ? I remember when I had the PPP fitted at the just after 1K, the extra 40 BHP made a noticible difference to the car (that and the sound of the exhaust :thumb: ) - I can only dream of what another 60 on top of that would feel like (I want to keep my warranty for the time being - plus theres the issue of having 3K spare cash :cry:

andythejock01wrx 08 November 2006 12:05 PM

What's the difference between the VF35 and the VF24 ? I've heard the 35 isn't too bad for lag. Is the same true of the 24 ?

Phil555 08 November 2006 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
What's the difference between the VF35 and the VF24 ? I've heard the 35 isn't too bad for lag. Is the same true of the 24 ?

Can't say much for the VF35 but the VF24 I have on my motor is spot on. Much quicker spool up through the rev range than the TD04.

Phil.

monkeyboy840 08 November 2006 12:22 PM

I'm jealous now - I have a WRX300 (ie WRX PPP) and am beginning to crave more power - have you driven a WRX with power figures in the ball park you are aiming for ? I remember when I had the PPP fitted at the just after 1K, the extra 40 BHP made a noticible difference to the car (that and the sound of the exhaust :thumb: ) - I can only dream of what another 60 on top of that would feel like (I want to keep my warranty for the time being - plus theres the issue of having 3K spare cash :cry:

not driven a wrx with 330bhp but will let you know next week what it feels like. i'm guessing the smile on my face will touch at the back of my head.:lol1:

andythejock01wrx 08 November 2006 12:51 PM

Can't say much for the VF35 but the VF24 I have on my motor is spot on. Much quicker spool up through the rev range than the TD04.

Phil.

At what point does it spool up compared to the TD04 mate ?

craig79 08 November 2006 02:37 PM

Phil, if you don't mind me asking how much
did it set you back for the remap alone ??

Thanks, Craig.

GazTheHat 08 November 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by craig79

Thanks, Craig.

A Ecutek remap is about £595-ish, which includes buying the license, with subsequent maps costing around £200.

Neilo 08 November 2006 03:27 PM

The standard gearboxes can take quite a bit of looked after....

i dont and mines still fine :D

Phil555 08 November 2006 03:34 PM

At what point does it spool up compared to the TD04 mate ?

Spool up is just over 2100 revs. When I get the data trial form Andy I will be able to shed a bit more light on your question. From around 3000 revs the spool up is constant through the revs upto about 6500 revs.

Phil.

Phil555 08 November 2006 03:37 PM

Thanks, Craig.

Craig, remap was £500 plus VAT (£587) for the ECUTEK. As GazTheHat has mentioned after that it is around £200 because you already have the license.

Phil.

craig79 08 November 2006 04:05 PM

Phil,
Cheers mate thats a wee bit cheaper than I
had thought. Expected to pay £650ish.

While I'm on, does Andy 'smooth' out the performance
of the car or is there an actual increase in bhp / torque
once the mapping has been done? Always wondered
this:wonder:

Craig.

andythejock01wrx 08 November 2006 05:33 PM

Phil,

Craig.

Decat centrepipe, VPower petrol and Andy F tinkering with his laptop resulted in a further 55bhp on my car ! Very noticeable. Makes me grin now :D

Phil555 08 November 2006 08:14 PM

Phil,

Craig.

Craig, the programme is uploaded then you take your car out on the road and Andy will set up to your requirements. Good fun as there isn't a speed camera of police officer in sight.
Well worth every penny.

Phil.

Varboy 08 November 2006 08:26 PM

Varboy, what are you getting bhp-wise with the VF24 ? And what's the lag and spool up point like ?

never rr'd it TBH so couldn't tell you of the bhp

turbo starts kicking in about 3k and pulls very hard from 3.5k right to red line (makes a cool noise as well:))

I'm having my ported headers mapped in next week together with walbro and STi pink injectors so hoping it will be smooth as..... and the the turbo will kick in a little harder lower down

Varboy 08 November 2006 08:29 PM

Phil.

I personally found that the VF24 spooled up a bit later than the OEM TD04..

what other mods have you had?

Andy.F 08 November 2006 08:46 PM

I think Phil means spool up compared to a TD04 on the std map. The std UK map is quite tame how it pulls in the boost on the OE turbo, a remapped VF24 will pull full boost possibly lower in the rpm range than an OE td04 set up. A properly remapped TD04 would of course pull boost earlier than a VF24 as it is a much smaller turbo but wouldn't hold the boost pressure as the rpm increased.

Andy

andythejock01wrx 09 November 2006 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Andy.F
I think Phil means spool up compared to a TD04 on the std map. The std UK map is quite tame how it pulls in the boost on the OE turbo, a remapped VF24 will pull full boost possibly lower in the rpm range than an OE td04 set up. A properly remapped TD04 would of course pull boost earlier than a VF24 as it is a much smaller turbo but wouldn't hold the boost pressure as the rpm increased.

Andy

Hi Andy,

If you read this, thanks again for the great work you did on my green 01 WRX bug in July, which resulted in 273bhp with only centre decat.

So what would be the next turbo to go for ? I'd want as little lag as possible, fairly early spool up and maybe 330bhp. :Your own hybrid TD04, VF35 or VF24 or , well, something else ? And would the std gearbox cope ?

Cheers again,

Andy Mc

Phil555 09 November 2006 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Andy.F

Andy

Thanks for that Andy. I knew what i meant (somehow) :wonder:

Thanks once again for the remap. Car is running great.

Phil.

MaDaSS 09 November 2006 08:16 AM

Hi Andy,

If you read this, thanks again for the great work you did on my green 01 WRX bug in July, which resulted in 273bhp with only centre decat.

So what would be the next turbo to go for ? I'd want as little lag as possible, fairly early spool up and maybe 330bhp. :Your own hybrid TD04, VF35 or VF24 or , well, something else ? And would the std gearbox cope ?

Cheers again,

Andy Mc

TD04 hybrid, ported OE headers, and let Andy F work his magic. You will have 320 and your gearbox will be fine.
BUT be nice to it! No launches and change gear nicely and it will last forever.
Launches and harsh gear changes will b0rk your gearbox.