ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Focus on this thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/555232-focus-on-this-thread.html)

Daz1121 31 October 2006 10:08 PM

Focus on this thread

Has a Focus try and race me tonight and noticed it had a sticker in back window for a website I've now joined. Think the thread could get interesting so here is the link to it.

FFOC :: Ford Focus Owners Club Forums-viewtopic-Black Focus in Neston

Feel free to join in ;)

RB5_245 01 November 2006 09:35 AM

I wonder what the difference is between traffic light gp racers, and someone trolling forums for a rise?

Same thing IMO. :rolleyes:

Dave

Torquesteer 01 November 2006 09:45 AM

Please don't try and make this 'ford vs subaru' part two! It is so obvious who one last time!

stilover 01 November 2006 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Daz1121
Has a Focus try and race me tonight and noticed it had a sticker in back window for a website I've now joined. Think the thread could get interesting so here is the link to it.

FFOC :: Ford Focus Owners Club Forums-viewtopic-Black Focus in Neston

Feel free to join in ;)

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :sleep: :sleep:

GrahamG 01 November 2006 12:42 PM

i love race threads! :D

Daz1121 01 November 2006 01:46 PM

Looks like someone has the same username as me on the other forum.
I don't want to make this a thread about Subaru's are better than Fords. Just pointing out yet again, why is there the need that when other cars are overtaken by a Subaru they feel the need to drive in an unsafe manner to pass at the next available chance. I wasn't trolling other forums looking for a rise, just expressin my opinion about someone else unsafe need to have to overtake me. I know this happens a lot to Subaru owners so was making you aware of what I had posted elsewhere and offering you all the chance to express your opinions too. In the future I might just say nothing and watch other around me on the road drive like lunatics in an unsafe way. This instance was not a traffic light racer moment as I had my girlfriend and the 2 children in the car with me.

Bat-Fink 01 November 2006 01:55 PM

I think you an idiot for putting a thread like that up.

RB5_245 01 November 2006 03:01 PM

I don't want to make this a thread about Subaru's are better than Fords. Just pointing out yet again, why is there the need that when other cars are overtaken by a Subaru they feel the need to drive in an unsafe manner to pass at the next available chance. I wasn't trolling other forums looking for a rise, just expressin my opinion about someone else unsafe need to have to overtake me. I know this happens a lot to Subaru owners so was making you aware of what I had posted elsewhere and offering you all the chance to express your opinions too. In the future I might just say nothing and watch other around me on the road drive like lunatics in an unsafe way. This instance was not a traffic light racer moment as I had my girlfriend and the 2 children in the car with me.

Nope you were trolling. Trying to justify it by taking the moral high ground isn't going help.

Dave

jonc 01 November 2006 03:06 PM

WOW! What were the chances of that happening, and that person joined the same day you posted on the Ford forum!!! Would you pick the national lottery numbers for me please?

StudentScooby 01 November 2006 06:18 PM

hahaha

Daz1121 01 November 2006 07:07 PM

If the car didn't have the wesite address on it's back window in huge letters then I wouldn't have done anything. I don't consider it to be trolling. At least I put a post on the forum concerning the car and not like on here like so many people. do for a general whinge knowing that there is very little chance of it being read by the person concerned.
Anyway, it's just my opinion they were driving in a dangerous way and it didn't go down well on the other forum as the thread has been deleted.
Infact I feel sorry for those that have made negative comments as I feel dangerous driving on the public road is a bad thing so have spoken up about it.

Mortywrx 08 February 2007 07:24 AM

Dangerous driving is not down to the make of car its the person driving it...for instance last sunday coming back from sheffield a new scooby came up behind me, and when I say came up behind me he must have been doing some cos I didn't see him when I last looked a few moment earlier....???!!! Any way It was clear on the M62 so thought I would have abit of fun with him. I dropped it down into 5th and floored it, by the way I was only doing 70mph!? but by the time I looked back down I was breaking the law and the scoob couldn't keep up at *55mph. Any way I was turning off so pulled over and slowed down! the lad in the scoob decided to undertake me and bugger off. If I would have not seen him come to the left of me I would have been wiped.

By the way I was in a Focus ST but its not std.