ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   msn.. problems (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/536329-msn-problems.html)

hectic 14 August 2006 10:27 PM

msn.. problems

completely reset my main pc to OS settings after not being able to get on to msn (think one of my kids got something on the bloody thing) reloaded it tonight.. still giving same message .. wont allow me to log on to msn at all... anyone any ideas? Im at the stage where its very soon to be chucked through the window !

TIA

*Sonic* 14 August 2006 11:12 PM

Microsoft said you don't have any friends, so it cancelled your account :p

hectic 15 August 2006 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
Microsoft said you don't have any friends, so it cancelled your account :p

:lol1: :lol1: its ONLY on my 'house' pc , you nump ;) on my lappy, im still chatting away happily,.. its mainly so the missus can chat to her mate in new Zealand.:razz:

The Rani 15 August 2006 02:25 PM

Presumably you've tried the 'Repair' option in Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs ?

hectic 15 August 2006 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Rani
Presumably you've tried the 'Repair' option in Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs ?

errr... yeah ;) even tried another bloody router on it.. same ****.. just will not let me in on the pc.. i have another pc and two laptops in the house , and they're all fine...:confused:

The Rani 15 August 2006 05:01 PM

I had a problem with MSN 7.5 and one day it stopped working altogether. It seemed to be a problem that Microsoft were aware of but it was in their list of things they did not have a fix for yet. Luckily my other computer still has version 7 on it, which works fine, and this one now has version 8 which has never given any trouble so far, touch wood.

hectic 15 August 2006 05:04 PM

is there anywhere i can get an earlier version from just to load on that pc for now?

The Rani 15 August 2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by hectic
is there anywhere i can get an earlier version from just to load on that pc for now?

When I wanted to re-download Version 7, I just went to MSN home page but it was about four months ago, when they still did a load of stuff for Windows 98. You might have to google it to find an old version now, though.

hectic 15 August 2006 05:11 PM

cheers.. will give it a shot later..:)

StudentScooby 15 August 2006 11:09 PM

I have the same problem getting error codes, upgraded and setup new account but will not log in. working fine on my pda and lappy though...

hectic 16 August 2006 02:17 PM

yeah.. ive got 2 pc's and 2 lappy's .. its only affecting the one pc.. all others seen ok at the moment.. wierd:(

StudentScooby 16 August 2006 04:12 PM

Im just going to reboot xp because i need msn on this pc

*Sonic* 17 August 2006 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by hectic
:lol1: :lol1: its ONLY on my 'house' pc , you nump ;) on my lappy, im still chatting away happily,.. its mainly so the missus can chat to her mate in new Zealand.:razz:

LOL, time for a serious answer

check the time on your pc, if it is out by more than an hour, from the real time, you will not be able to sign in to msn

:D

hectic 17 August 2006 06:08 PM

it only fekkin works!! :):)