ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   SCOOBYDOO (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/533948-scoobydoo.html)

StuB 04 August 2006 04:18 PM

SCOOBYDOO

how about one of these for driving around in the scoob????????????????????

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/0240523.htm

(hope this link works - but if not look at the fancy dress outfits in the new argos catologue)

Cool - possibly?

GC8 04 August 2006 07:08 PM

Do you think?

AVZ 12 August 2006 01:05 PM

LOL

Originally Posted by StuB
how about one of these for driving around in the scoob????????????????????

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/0240523.htm

(hope this link works - but if not look at the fancy dress outfits in the new argos catologue)

Cool - possibly?

sparky d 12 August 2006 01:11 PM

i really dont think it would look right , brown aint my colour :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

jameswrx 12 August 2006 01:17 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if there is someone somewhere currently sewing a 555 badge and swoosh onto the chest area of one of those outfits as I type.

:rolleyes:

SivMY05Sti 12 August 2006 01:21 PM

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...sti/Scooby.jpg

LMAO........

ReggieMY99 12 August 2006 02:01 PM

Ahhhh my new trackday suit :notworthy

pslewis 12 August 2006 02:19 PM

They come free with a CockLink ..................... 'just to finish off the Wally Image!!' :D :D :D

Pete

pslewis 12 August 2006 02:25 PM

I have just realised what it is now!!!!

It is what the Anals use with their Subaru Morris dancing bells when they carry out an Oil Change .............. they have discovered, through varies tests and experiments ....... that your Big-Ends will go if this suit is not used whilst changing the Oil!!!!

For an explaination of the Anal Oil Change, see here:-

The Anal Oil Change Procedure according to the Old Ladies on SN:-

1. Remove Oil Filler Cap, 'gently' - take at least 5 minutes or the threads will strip and the exhaust will fall off in a weeks time.

2. Carefully jack up the front of car, make sure that only the 'special' car jacking points are used or the steering wheel will be upside down next time you see it (the special jack points are only known to a select few, not the main dealers!)

3. Locate the Sump Plug, do this using an Inspection Lamp with a 100W bulb - do not, under any circumstances, use a bulb of lower wattage or the splash cover under the engine will melt and pieces will be sucked up into the MAF and then immediate engine failure will occur.

4. Undo Sump Plug whilst humming 'Oil Be Home For Xmas' - do NOT sing any other song or the Radio will never tune into any local stations again and the aerial will need to be replaced at the next service.

5. Allow Oil to drain into a Tupperware Perspex Jug - use only perspex as other plastics react with the old oil and particles travel back through the draining oil and attack the Big-End Bearings.

6. Whilst Oil is draining run around car 15 times in a Morris Dancing Outfit with the special Subaru bells attached to shoes.

7. Remove Oil Filter by unscrewing anti-clockwise 5 times, then clockwise 2 times, continue until filter is free ..... failure to do this will result in the new Filter not filling up with Oil on start-up.

8. Fill Oil Filter with Oil and screw new Oil Filter on and replace Sump Plug - there is some discussion about the order that these need to be replaced, many an evening in a B.O. smelling corner of a dark pub has been spent mulling over the merits of both choices ..... there is a 'special' way, but we are not sure what it is yet.

9. Start filling the engine with Oil - Synthetic only please!! and of course, Subarus need 'special' Oil - Mobil made a 'special' Oil just for us!!

10. Now it gets complicated, the engine start procedure ...... remove the spark plugs, coil packs and battery - remove the seats and rear boot/tailgate - ensure Octane Booster is removed from tank as it might spontaneously start the car when you are not ready - take the drive belts off - turn engine over, s....l....o....w....l....y - engine should be turned over at least 67 times to ensure adequate Oil film coverage.

11. Return all components and start engine whilst whistling the theme tune to TITANIC ................ if you are VERY lucky the engine will not shoot a con-rod through the block (this normally happens to MY96 cars which are MicaPink in colour) - but ALL Model Years can be affected equally as bad.

12. If the engine started without any problems, then don't be smug as the MAF sensor will blow up your engine within 3 days in any case!!!!!

OR, do as the Main Dealers do:-

Change Oil - start engine - check for Oil drips - return to customer!!

Pete :D

Gear Head 12 August 2006 03:41 PM

Pete, please stop posting the same old thing over and over again. Its not funny anymore!

*AL* 12 August 2006 03:45 PM

I got that very suit................*cough* Missus likes me to wear it in the bedroom.

pslewis 12 August 2006 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Pete, please stop posting the same old thing over and over again. Its not funny anymore!

Are you one of those people who come out of the Cinema after watching a film, you enjoyed it, but told the owner to change the film as YOU have now seen it and it wouldn't be funny if you saw it again?? :rolleyes:

Some may have never seen what I posted .... the same thing goes around time after time on here (as you know) ..... What Oil do I use? What Mods do I do? Whats my car worth? - I will be expecting you to post on those threads having a pop at them .................... or will you?? :rolleyes:

Pete

Bat-Fink 12 August 2006 05:59 PM

Would be funny on a trackday.

Gear Head 12 August 2006 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
Are you one of those people who come out of the Cinema after watching a film, you enjoyed it, but told the owner to change the film as YOU have now seen it and it wouldn't be funny if you saw it again?? :rolleyes:

Some may have never seen what I posted .... the same thing goes around time after time on here (as you know) ..... What Oil do I use? What Mods do I do? Whats my car worth? - I will be expecting you to post on those threads having a pop at them .................... or will you?? :rolleyes:

Pete

Fine, but this thread was about a Scooby Doo suit, not a blo*dy oil change!

Bat-Fink 12 August 2006 06:46 PM

Was it a SIAL Chris:norty:;)

pslewis 12 August 2006 06:55 PM

It IS about an Oil Change if wearing it will stop the Big Ends knocking within a few miles!!!!!! :rolleyes:

It is no less stupid than soaking the filter overnight or disconnecting the cam sensor .......... they are all pointless - now, do you get the twist?? :rolleyes:

Pete

Gear Head 12 August 2006 09:23 PM

Hardly a twist m8, just same old sial from Mr Lewis!

ethanrob 12 August 2006 10:03 PM

LMFAO pete

pure class :thumb:

pslewis 12 August 2006 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by ethanrob
LMFAO pete

pure class :thumb:

Chrispurvis didn't want you to see it!

Pete

mickp 13 August 2006 09:54 AM

Your right on ths one Pete (sorry guys)

I have often heard the term Anal Oil Change but this is the first time i have seen the step by step.

Very funny :lol1:

Gear Head 13 August 2006 10:06 AM

:brickwall :Whatever_

pslewis 13 August 2006 11:23 AM

SEE?? Chrispurvis ..... YOU are the weakest link ........ GOODBYE!!! :D :D

Pete

ade_sti 13 August 2006 04:26 PM

Well I have read the ' anal oil change' many times and still think if is fuc*ing funny - nice one Pete.

You did miss out that before you pour the new oil in the car must be on totally level ground. A spirit level must be used as this could give an inaccurate dipstick reading. The level of oil on the dipstick must be viewed under a microscope to determine if the level is OK. 69 oil readings must be taken and the mean level used before moving on to step 10 of Pete's guide.

:)

Gear Head 13 August 2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by ade_sti
Well I have read the ' anal oil change' many times and still think if is fuc*ing funny - nice one Pete.

You did miss out that before you pour the new oil in the car must be on totally level ground. A spirit level must be used as this could give an inaccurate dipstick reading. The level of oil on the dipstick must be viewed under a microscope to determine if the level is OK. 69 oil readings must be taken and the mean level used before moving on to step 10 of Pete's guide.

:)

Oh, I have just fallen off my chair!!! :thumb:

jayallen 13 August 2006 07:02 PM

thats the first time ive seen it....funny as!!...lol