ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   starter motor (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/507613-starter-motor.html)

robby1 13 April 2006 10:48 PM

starter motor

can anyone tell me how much a starter motor is for a p1.
cheers

Scoob+Bike=Fun 14 April 2006 11:55 AM

I would have thought it would be the same accross the range, if you have a part number, pm me and i will check it for you against mine, if you want it, make me an offer, I have upgraded to a brise lightweight jobbie so dont need it.

Adam

robby1 14 April 2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scoob+Bike=Fun
I would have thought it would be the same accross the range, if you have a part number, pm me and i will check it for you against mine, if you want it, make me an offer, I have upgraded to a brise lightweight jobbie so dont need it.

Adam

will do ,its going in tomo,let you no,(are you local pm me)
thanks rob

TonyBurns 14 April 2006 11:09 PM

New, around 340 quid.

Tony

robby1 14 April 2006 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
New, around 340 quid.

Tony

:eek2: :eek2: hope not:)

TonyBurns 14 April 2006 11:31 PM

Yup they are about 340 quid, if you think thats expensive, a B4 RSK alternator is over 800 quid :eek: and a new age car is 600+ quid!! :eek: (i know ive bought one :()

Tony

[Davey] 14 April 2006 11:57 PM

Thats sickening, another example of stupidly priced subaru parts, theres nothing special about the starter..

You'll probably find there is a local place who can refurb it for you.. Or shop around one of the motorfactors should have one for half that atleast.

Turbotits 15 April 2006 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Yup they are about 340 quid, if you think thats expensive, a B4 RSK alternator is over 800 quid :eek: and a new age car is 600+ quid!! :eek: (i know ive bought one :()

Tony

Yep thats probably about right for NEW stuff,All the factors will be cheaper because there all re-manfactuared stuff.A re-build of the exisisting one is probably the cheapest way to go

The Rig 15 April 2006 06:51 AM

its easy to replace as well,just removed mine off the sport,took 20 min,2 bolts,easy,on my old GSI it took 4 hrs !!!!!!!!!!

TonyBurns 15 April 2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Turbotits
Yep thats probably about right for NEW stuff,All the factors will be cheaper because there all re-manfactuared stuff.A re-build of the exisisting one is probably the cheapest way to go

Unfortunately you cant rebuild the newage starter motors, though you may be able to do so on the classic ones.

Tony

[Davey] 15 April 2006 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Turbotits

Thats such a snobbish view, most of the stuff will be new, some companies refurb and offer surcharges. And what does it matter even if it was a refurb?? Its the bearing, stator and brushes that wear not the casing..

Turbotits 15 April 2006 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Thats such a snobbish view, most of the stuff will be new, some companies refurb and offer surcharges. And what does it matter even if it was a refurb?? Its the bearing, stator and brushes that wear not the casing..

No snobbish at all! I use referb stuff all the time(starters and alternators) and its great quality,Infact i often just buy brush packs for around £30 or £40 and replace them myself for cheapness on customers behalf.Just simply stating the fact that from a main dealer its gonna be new so dearer and its likley your not gonna get any thing back for your old unit either.