ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Expired No Claim's Bonus (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/489779-expired-no-claims-bonus.html)

Adrian F 04 February 2006 04:52 PM

Expired No Claim's Bonus

I have been driving company vehicles for 2 3/4 years and now things are changing and I have to get a car again apparently I have just been told by Tesco's my old insurance company that the 65% NCD I had from them expired after 2 years and I have to start again!

I thought that it was suppose to reflect my driving behaviour and risk to the companies and I haven’t had any claims on the works insurance in the last 3 years so why should they be able to punish me financially like this?

Spoon 04 February 2006 05:08 PM

I certainly remember it always being the case if you drove company cars that you faced ruining your own no claims bonus.

Not fair at all, but fair and insurance don't sit together.

Maybe there are other companies that will allow your company record to stand? Speak to Moley in the insurance forum.

Adrian F 04 February 2006 05:12 PM

just makes me feel less inclined to be honest with them!

simo 04 February 2006 06:57 PM

Some insurers will accept your NCB proof along with a letter from your company stating that you had a co. car & were accident free for the time you drove it. Ring around, if one does not take your business elsewhere.

Simon

Adrian F 04 February 2006 07:19 PM

Yes A-Plan has been recommended to me and they advertise on here which must be good :) as at least they know waht a scooby is!

Any others that anybody know are worth trying?

mart360 04 February 2006 07:45 PM

been there done that... its a right royal pita...

you ring for quotes, and you get the usual, how come you dont have any ncb if youve been driving for xx years... although saying that, some insurers will give good discounts if you are a named driver on another policy, and havent claimed.

Mart

hutton_d 04 February 2006 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by simo
Some insurers will accept your NCB proof along with a letter from your company stating that you had a co. car & were accident free for the time you drove it. Ring around, if one does not take your business elsewhere.

Simon

I did this - got a letter from my company saying I'd not claimed off insurance for 5+ years. Insurance companies too that as fine (well some did - can't remember names).

Mind you it was a good job the company had an excess of about £800 .... :-)

Dave

Adrian F 05 February 2006 08:27 PM

The thing is i had 65% protected and i have been driving since then with no claims i dont see why i should lose it!

Peanuts 06 February 2006 05:10 PM

I used to suffer from this before the allowance got tasty.
So every two years I used to buy a shed (£50 sierra last time) and insure it for one month on PAYG insurance.
new certificate comes through a month later with another two years grace on it, sell the car (people always want £50 cars) and carry on ragging the company motor.
not much help to you now, but maybe next time

Adrian F 07 February 2006 06:21 PM

well i spoke to A-plan insurance today and they were very helpfull!