ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Scott lowe Bonnet Dampers--Heeeelp! (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/455289-scott-lowe-bonnet-dampers-heeeelp.html)

Stiver3 07 September 2005 07:06 PM

Scott lowe Bonnet Dampers--Heeeelp!

Hi,

Got my scott lowe bonnet dampers through today from a group buy, and fitted them. but, and i know this sounds silly, but my bonnet wont close, the dampers won't damp down, and if i push down any more the bonnet will come off the hinges.

Any ideas people...

Thanks for any help..

Stiver3

ethanrob 07 September 2005 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stiver3
Hi,

Got my scott lowe bonnet dampers through today from a group buy, and fitted them. but, and i know this sounds silly, but my bonnet wont close, the dampers won't damp down, and if i push down any more the bonnet will come off the hinges.

Any ideas people...

Thanks for any help..

Stiver3

have you bolted the top bracket into the right hole on the bonnet ?
when we fitted the first set to my sti,the bonnet was very stiff,so we bolted the dampers into the lower hole of the two and it worked fine

mark

Stiver3 07 September 2005 07:13 PM

yes, i've bolted the bracket on the 2nd hole down, where the original bracket is?
But the bonnet just won't budge

Is there a different procedure for classics or something???

Thanks for the quick reply!

ethanrob 07 September 2005 07:15 PM

oh classic?
erh,send a pm to megabusa for advice(scott lowe)
mine was a 03sti(the one on the website)but sadly now gone

Stiver3 07 September 2005 07:19 PM

I will do, im sure its not anything wrong with the dampers, jus the way im fitting them.

Thanks for your help

Stiver3 07 September 2005 08:23 PM

any other ideas any1.... bonnet cannot stay open forever!:idea:

......:)

Swen6 07 September 2005 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stiver3
any other ideas any1.... bonnet cannot stay open forever!:idea:

......:)

Take them off and have another go when you've more time to work it out;)

Stiver3 07 September 2005 10:13 PM

:) Had a word with scott lowe, sooo should be all sorted in the morning!

They look really good on though:norty: Yet another mod to the scooby! Don't know when its going to stop....!

white scooby 08 September 2005 02:38 PM

You manage to get these fitted in the end?

Stiver3 09 September 2005 02:02 PM

no..... they still wont close. have tried everything. all apart from trying to clamp them closed off the car....

duno qot on earth could be wrong with them.... some1 else must have had this problem. or mayb its just my bad luck wit faulty dampers...????

Originally Posted by white scooby
You manage to get these fitted in the end?

white scooby 09 September 2005 02:39 PM

I spoke to Scott about this, he mentioned you could'nt get the bonnet closed, I have them on my 04, and fitted a set to a mates classic yesterday. They went on fine . .any pics of yours fitted . .i'll try see if anything is different to the one's I fitted on my mates car?

Email me if you want simonbell5@msn.com

R.B 09 September 2005 05:35 PM

You havent got them upside down have you ?

RON 10 September 2005 06:07 PM

R.B.
When i first got m ine i had them on up-saide down, but the bonnet still closed.... they do taje quite a lot of pressure to get moving though.... i wouldn't put them on an ali bonnet myself....