ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Platinum/Gold credit cards (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/424809-platinum-gold-credit-cards.html)

Petem95 05 May 2005 09:55 PM

Platinum/Gold credit cards

How easy is it to get one?

Ive currently got a standard Capital One card which Ive had for about a year, but the limit is only 500quid and its really not enough. The Platinum offered by Capital One is a min 2k limit which would be more useful.

I pay the balance off in full each month, but I have only had a card for a year. My credit history looked rosy when I did a free 30day trial online.

Whats the criteria for a higher limit card??

Johnny E 05 May 2005 09:58 PM

Give us your card number and I will let you know:p

chaos. 05 May 2005 10:01 PM

my barclaycard is 3k :razz:

yeh but im broke as well ;)

FASTER MIKE!! 05 May 2005 10:10 PM

i think it depends on what your income is

Markus 05 May 2005 10:24 PM

I had a regular Barclaycard for about 2 years then decided on whim to apply for a Platinum, got approved no problem, that was oooh, about 6 years ago now.

Just read this on some card comparison site:
platinum credit cards are only available to people with an excellent credit history and / or a yearly salary of usually over £25,000.

Petem95 05 May 2005 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Markus
platinum credit cards are only available to people with an excellent credit history and / or a yearly salary of usually over £25,000.

Ah damn it, dont quite earn that much, so probably get rejected then!

chaos. 05 May 2005 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95
Ah damn it, dont quite earn that much, so probably get rejected then!

nah, just apply to barclays, I was 16 when I got mine :lol:

got ter lie innit :razz:

FASTER MIKE!! 05 May 2005 10:44 PM

did'nt think you could get a credit card till you were 18?

Midlife...... 05 May 2005 11:02 PM

It doesn't always go on what you earn !!!!!!! v my bank don't actually let me have a credit card..........only a charge card which I have to pay off every month !!

It's what divorce and a financial shagging does !! Never mind I bought the scooby along with the mortgage and own it in 2007 !!

There are lots of changes in the credit card industry recently due to "rate tarts" so your own bank may be a good starting point.

Midlife.....

scoobyster 05 May 2005 11:52 PM

Just ask them to put the limit up. IIRC I've got an £1100 limit on my Egg card and £1000 on new Morgan Stanley - and I'm a student!

Johnny E 06 May 2005 12:52 AM

jeez........ I have the opposite problem, credit cards and increased limit offers coming out of my ears :nono::Whatever_ gotta be sometning to do with the Mrs i'm sure :confused: :confused: :nono:

Buckrogers 06 May 2005 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by chaos.
nah, just apply to barclays, I was 16 when I got mine :lol:

got ter lie innit :razz:

Got my Visa card when I was 15 :razz: :D

Dave uk blue mica 06 May 2005 01:00 AM

the limit varies depending on various things, i've got a gold card that i never use thats got a £20k limit and a capital one card with a £10k limit