ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Why do nice guys finish last? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/414129-why-do-nice-guys-finish-last.html)

Poor Guy 24 March 2005 11:55 PM

Why do nice guys finish last?

as per title.
Apparently im "too nice" to have a girlfriend, or so females keep telling me. But not too nice to have as a friend when their knobhead boyfriend cant be bothered to do something for them.

Why is this? Im a nice chap, yet alls i hear from female friends is
a) why are there no nice chaps? (while im right there)
b) my boyfriend is such a knob etc. (why go out with them then?!)
and more than likely
c) can you do something for me? (to which theyre being told to bollocks at this point in time)

so, why do nice chaps finish last if they can fill a criteria of a boyfriend status?
or is it simply that womens is crazy peoples?

pslewis 24 March 2005 11:59 PM

Women love a rogue and a man that scares them a little

'Nice Guys' are ok as friends - but offer no spice to their lives whatsoever!

The old adage holds true, "Treat them mean, keep them keen"! :D

Pete

Poor Guy 25 March 2005 12:02 AM

i have no problem scaring them. sideway round sainsbury roundabout does that well enough.

Chip Sengravy 25 March 2005 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete

^^give that man a cigar, that is the first sensible thing I have heard him say.

women cannot help themselves when it comes to a badass. FACT.

Poor Guy 25 March 2005 12:11 AM

i have found a website which i think i wrote in a previous life
http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/g_hols/Niceguy

GC8 25 March 2005 12:22 AM

Pete is right; youll never win a girl over by being nice. Isnt life a bitch?

Simon

Lee247 25 March 2005 12:25 AM

Poor Guy, be patient, girls do like nice guys. My hubby is a nice guy. You must be meeting the wrong girls. :)

RON 25 March 2005 12:28 AM

only today i got accused of being a stalker, just because i'd asked a girl if she was ok seeing as i hadn't spoken to her for two days.... so i told her i could do without the grief, and told her to 'go away'.. i was only flippin concerned for gods sake....

Too good for my own good me thinks!!

Poor Guy 25 March 2005 12:33 AM

ive had that. jealous bf didnt like me ringing or texting his gf.

also in school, crazy bitch, hes stalking me! blah blah blah, soon kicked that bitch into touch. literally,theiving ho.

Chip Sengravy 25 March 2005 12:54 AM

ive had that. jealous bf didnt like me ringing or texting his gf.
nothing jealous about that mate, if some saddo started stalking / texting and ringing my bird I'd knock him out, then ask why he was doing it.

There are two answers:

1. she needs a slap

2. he needs a slap.

everybody's appy :thumb:

Richard_P 25 March 2005 01:39 AM

Don't make friends with a girl you like in that way, get to know them a bit and then ask them out.

I've got girl mates at work that get pissed and say your a nice guy etc to most of the guys at work, we're not that nice but we don't make passes at them and to be honest I think thats all thats required to fall into the nice category!

I take it you fancy one of your girl mates then ye? If she's got a boyfriend I would move on from her and find someone else that you don't know so well, even if she does slag him off. She needs someone to share her feelings with on a bad day and your it just now.

It's difficult when you fancy someone and all you can see yourself wanting to do is date them though.

I find I usually meet girls through friends etc and if something's going to happen it's likely to happen within a couple of nights of us meeting if it's going to at all.

fatherpierre 25 March 2005 01:44 AM

It comes with age, mate.

Chill with it 'cos your time will come..........

Richard_P 25 March 2005 01:51 AM

Just realised I didn't even answer the question!!

She see's you as a friend, thats not gonna change easy.

Could be she's just not attracted to you, I have girl mates who if they asked me out would be told no sorry I see you as a good friend, I don't think it would work. What I think is no I'm not attracted to you so it wouldn't work.

Someone will post that ladder theory web page up sooner or later....

Taff107 25 March 2005 02:04 AM

If they are still playing games, Feck 'em off........

paul-s 25 March 2005 02:21 AM

Pete

I have to agree :D I think this is the first time you've got something right !!! make the most of the honour :D

women just feel compelled to chase around moody/trpoublesome blokes ! weird bunch !

blueone 25 March 2005 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
is it simply that womens is crazy peoples?

http://www.laddertheory.com/

QED...

paul-s 25 March 2005 02:36 AM

women dont know what they want. just a bunch of c***s ! :D

cant live without em tho :D

Brit_in_Japan 25 March 2005 03:52 AM

I have to confess to reading one of those dating type books, but I actually found that a lot of things made sense, I just hadn't looked at things from the other person's perspective before.

Even though there's been womens' lib and equality for x number of years now, women still like men to be men.

One thing I've found to be true is women like a man with a plan. So for example if you're taking a girl out then make a plan and then tell you you've got a plan. By all means take her views into account, find out the type of things she likes to do or the type of food she likes, but then go ahead and make the plans based on that. In that way you appear both responsive and assertive. If one is too "nice" and always asks "what do you want to do" then one appears to be weak and indecisive. Be a man!

bonkers 25 March 2005 06:26 AM

Having spent many years debating this subject, I've come to some conclusions. The problem isn't being a "nice guy" - that really can be an asset - but rather the other characteristics that tend to go with the nice guy mindset.

So here's a little hard earned advice, one nice guy to another...

1. Don't be a doormat.
- If you're not dating a woman, don't go out of your way to spend time with her unless you're ONLY interested in her as a friend (i.e. totally unattracted to her - and be honest with yourself here)
- There is absolutely NO reason for you to listen to her current relationship woes, period
- Say what you think, don't be a meak and mild "Yes" man, and stand up for your opinions (and that goes for life in general)

2. Live life for yourself.
- You don't need anyone else to be "complete", that's a load of romantic bollocks!
- Get out there and find what makes you happy... it aint gonna come and find you
- Stop worrying about what you haven't got and enjoy what you have

3. Take pride in yourself.
- Dress nicely, shave regular, keep your hair decent etc. (Short hair btw, very few women like it long)
- Admit to yourself all the things you have achieved and consider all the things you could achieve if you set your mind to them (and then start doing them!)
- If you truly have pride in yourself, it will show in your bearing (You don't have to be an a-hole to have a little swagger)

4. Stop looking for a girlfriend.
- 'Single and looking' is the kiss of death
- Not only that, it puts pressure on you and makes you nervous
- Relax and enjoy life... Trust me, if a woman's interested, she will let you know

:thumb:

monty baber 25 March 2005 07:06 AM

women dont know what they want. just a bunch of c***s !
Quote of the century :notworthy

StickyMicky 25 March 2005 07:24 AM

Pete

agreed
they like to have a bit of a "nutcase" on there arm, i belive its to show other females "look what i have tamed"??

slightly scarey bloke, keeps them on there toes.
nicey nicey bloke, sumbody for them to winge with when there real boyfriend dumps them.

Leslie 25 March 2005 09:00 AM

My old mate used to say "keep them fat, pregnant, and in the kitchen!"

Les :D

Chip Sengravy 25 March 2005 09:24 AM

they like to have a bit of a "nutcase" on there arm, i belive its to show other females "look what i have tamed"??
LOL, :cuckoo:

STi-Frenchie 25 March 2005 09:34 AM

Right then, after reading all that lot, I'm off out to punch some wench in the face. Should get me a shag at least - she'll know a good thing when it hits her.

ScoobyDoo555 25 March 2005 09:45 AM

you buch of cynical fukkers!!! :D :rolleyes:

women aren't JUST attracted by the tw@t-element. It's the whole package. Usually looks first, then personality/success etc. A bit like men then :rolleyes:

If all these women are saying that "you're too nice", but are willing to ask you for help, that is not friendship - they're using you!!!!!

Both sexes can be just as devious.

I class myself as "nice guy" - stereotypical husband material (hence why I'm married with two kids!!! :D) My missus wouldn't even have looked at me if I was a "treat em mean keep em keen" type of person. Now been with her 14 years. For those who know me and my background, we're certainly not Howard & Hilda (Ever-decreasing circles), as we both "enjoy life" @ 31 yrs old!!! ;)

The people who get together with partners that are tw@ts deserve everything they get. No sympathy from me, as everybody's got a brain and standards that they live their life by. If in any way those standards are met, within reason, there is a choice to change.

DAn

STi-Frenchie 25 March 2005 09:52 AM

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gary.nb...EMAN%20TIP.jpg

Chip Sengravy 25 March 2005 09:53 AM

:lol:

ScoobyDoo555 25 March 2005 09:54 AM

PMSL!!!! :D

Chip Sengravy 25 March 2005 09:55 AM

"keep them fat, pregnant, and in the kitchen!"
good advice http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/icons/icon13.gif

who wants a big bloater?

chaos. 25 March 2005 10:07 AM

Women have it easy, all they have to do is sit there, guys have to do all the work.

I won't use myself cus I'm nowt spesh :freak3: , but some of my mates who I would say are pretty good looking don't have birds, not because they don't want one. Then on the other hand I see fat average bitches that have bf's.

Sorry if I sound so bitter :cry: and :mad: