ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ebay - non paying buyer (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/410829-ebay-non-paying-buyer.html)

gregh 13 March 2005 09:04 PM

ebay - non paying buyer

I sold some stuff last Monday, heard nowt back from the buyer, he only has 1 feedback. His 7 days are up tomorrow, so I can file a non paying buyer with ebay.

Can I instantly then offer someone else a 2nd chance, or do I need to allow the ebay process to kick in?

regards,

greg

Tiggs 13 March 2005 09:06 PM

to get fees back i think you have to wait for the non paying think to allow seven days (or something like that)...i had to do this once with a free relistong- not free until X days had passed.

Clarebabes 13 March 2005 09:17 PM

Have you tried to contact him/her? I usually threaten with filing a non-paying bidder report and they pay up. Get his/her phone number and call them. May be a genuine mistake.

gregh 13 March 2005 09:23 PM

yeh I've sent two emails from ebay, will send a third now saying I'll file non paying buyer.

Spoon 13 March 2005 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by gregh
yeh I've sent two emails from ebay, will send a third now saying I'll file non paying buyer.

You can file when you like as long as you know the route to take. In your case as 7 days is up you can take the easy standard route and claim back your fees giving them 1 of 3 possible strikes before they are Naru'd.

However as Clare has said, pull their details first from eBay (you'll find the link on the winning email half way down) and phone them.

gregh 13 March 2005 10:09 PM

Ta! didn't know I could get their contact info, filled in the form just now :D

gregh 13 March 2005 10:12 PM

and it appears it sends contact info to both parties so he will know I'm after him ;)

Spoon 13 March 2005 10:20 PM

and it appears it sends contact info to both parties so he will know I'm after him ;)

Greg, it's only fair plus he/she knows who you are anyway through winning an auction or BIN so it makes no odds.

hutton_d 14 March 2005 08:58 AM

Just maybe the buyer had to go away for a few days?? Got run over for instance .... Try to phone them if you have the number .. I'm normally the most cynical g^t going but it's worth checking things sometimes ...

Dave

gregh 14 March 2005 02:07 PM

Well something worked, either the threat to file non paying or the fact I asked for his contact details, just got a paypal payment through :D

blueone 14 March 2005 02:12 PM

They probabley read a thread, about some non paying bidder, on an internet car forum somewhere...

Spoon 14 March 2005 08:03 PM

Well something worked, either the threat to file non paying or the fact I asked for his contact details, just got a paypal payment through :D

Good news, lets just hope he doesn't do a Paypal chargeback now and claim he never received the goods. :eek:

Jye 14 March 2005 09:08 PM

This paypal chargeback rubbish, if you send recorded delivery, will this help?

Clarebabes 14 March 2005 09:15 PM

I said that might do it ;) When you threaten, they usually comply.

Spoon 14 March 2005 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jye
This paypal chargeback rubbish, if you send recorded delivery, will this help?

It's the biggest topic of conversation in the Powerseller forum, the seller loses out everytime.

Recorded delivery with everything is the only way to go. A signature must always be obtained and you need to keep your proof of delivery to stand a chance with winning a Paypal chargebacks, because they will ask to see it.

Without it you may as well just send an item free.

Remember, there are professional chargeback scammers oerating all the time.

Even with the proof, the payment is suspended until the investigation is complete which can take time, stopping you from banking the money, concentrating on selling etc.