ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   good for credit rating? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/402535-good-for-credit-rating.html)

apples24 11 February 2005 09:59 PM

good for credit rating?

i have 6 credit cards.. yes i know lol

many moons ago i couldnt get credit for ****e as when 18 destroyd myself

had to wait 6 yrs before even could think of applying for credit

now for the last 5 years ive worked to rebuild my credit rating, to the extent i get accepted for everything i apply for, capital one and barclaycard happily upgraded me to gold cards etc

ui have contract phones and the car auction comany i go to on a regular basis accepted me if i wish to ... to open a 15k credit account with themselfs at a good rate

but i do have 6 cards with various companys, the halifax one card i owe 2500 the others vertually nothing atall and i mean a few quid lol

i allways pay atleast the min every month

im not damaging myself am i?

swiftnick 11 February 2005 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by apples24
i have 6 credit cards.. yes i know lol

many moons ago i couldnt get credit for ****e as when 18 destroyd myself

had to wait 6 yrs before even could think of applying for credit

now for the last 5 years ive worked to rebuild my credit rating, to the extent i get accepted for everything i apply for, capital one and barclaycard happily upgraded me to gold cards etc

ui have contract phones and the car auction comany i go to on a regular basis accepted me if i wish to ... to open a 15k credit account with themselfs at a good rate

but i do have 6 cards with various companys, the halifax one card i owe 2500 the others vertually nothing atall and i mean a few quid lol

i allways pay atleast the min every month

im not damaging myself am i?

no

Tiggs 11 February 2005 10:04 PM

no,

i have tens of thousands borrowed on 0% and still have no issues getting new ones to churn it all around.

apples24 11 February 2005 10:05 PM

no im not damaging my credit rating? or no its not a good thing?

sti-04!! 11 February 2005 10:08 PM

its a good thing well done mate

mart360 11 February 2005 11:45 PM

we had about 8 between us, now down to 2

if you dont go stupid your fine have more than 6 all maxed, and they might start to get a bit twitchy, but as long as the payments are made they are happy

Mart

pslewis 12 February 2005 12:01 AM

Make the payments and no-one bats an eyelid .................

Miss one, however and the sky starts to fold in .....

Live within your means and all will be ok :D

I only borrow at 0% what I could pay back at any moment

Pete

FASTER MIKE!! 12 February 2005 12:05 AM

got to agre with pete (not often that happens:D ) if i get a 0% card i only borrow what i can payback over the period of the 0% time, been doing that for the last 8 years or so

fast bloke 12 February 2005 12:16 AM

I currently have 12 cards with a combined limit of near enough 150k. Never paid a pennny of interest. Every new card company thinks they will be the one to break me :D Last three cards I got had a 20k limit. I think the answer is - you are doing a good thing