ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Had SKY+ fitted last Sunday and.......... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/388266-had-sky-fitted-last-sunday-and.html)

Chip 17 December 2004 05:30 PM

Had SKY+ fitted last Sunday and..........

And the guy who fitted it has put a bloody great big deep scratch in my brand new Pioneer DVD.

Rang Sky straight away and told them, they said I'd be contacted by install Co on the Mon. Guess what? Nothing. Rang them today to be told they have 7 "working days" to visit me and make a decision as to what to do. The guy on the phone was very rude and arrogant.

If, as I suspect they dont visit me to see the damage what is the best course of action to take against them as I either want a new DVD(mine was 10days old and the deep scratch is very visible as its on the front.) or a cash settlement from them.

Chip

Nicks VR4 17 December 2004 05:35 PM

Local Citizens Advise might help

good luck

Harry_Boy 17 December 2004 05:35 PM

Send them a copy of the invoice/receipt for the DVD player with a covering letter threatening legal action if they don't reimburse you within 7 days.

pslewis 17 December 2004 05:36 PM

DVD's are only £20 now - is it worth the worry?

Pete

Chip 17 December 2004 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete

Peter,

Unlike yourself obviously, I ONLY buy quality equipment.

Chip

Tiggs 17 December 2004 05:39 PM

£30 then?

pslewis 17 December 2004 05:39 PM

Ok, £29:99 then :rolleyes:

Anyone who pays more is off their trolly!!

Pete

scoob_babe 17 December 2004 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete

says him who who objects to gym membership going up a bit, has a hissyfit and cancels it!!!

mart360 17 December 2004 05:48 PM

The guy on the phone was very rude and arrogant.!!!!!!!!1

its sky .. what do you expect

i,ve never had anything less!!!

are we talking dvd player or disk...??

bol

Mart

Chip 17 December 2004 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by mart360
The guy on the phone was very rude and arrogant.!!!!!!!!1

its sky .. what do you expect

i,ve never had anything less!!!

are we talking dvd player or disk...??

bol

Mart

DVR420.

Chip

4X4BOB 17 December 2004 07:48 PM

Pioneer DVR 420 Multi Region DVD Recorder £320!

Worth trying to get some sort of compo for the damage the moron that installed SKY+ did :rolleyes:

Bob

Harry_Boy 17 December 2004 08:10 PM

What can I say...

Send them a copy of the invoice/receipt for the DVD player with a covering letter threatening legal action if they don't reimburse you within 7 days.:)

The_Gza 17 December 2004 09:46 PM

Exactly the same happened to me - Sky installer scratched the front of my Pioneer sub (2 days old at the time) with the back of the old box as he was removing it, despite my offer to move it all out of the road for him.

Took a couple of months, but it did all eventually get sorted out. Didn't have to send them anything - a 'team manager' was in the area and came out to have a look at the damage. They passed it to their insurers who contacted me and arranged for a replacement system to be sent out.

dba 17 December 2004 10:04 PM

Mr Lewis

another subject you know fukc all about

regards

two_fiveboy 17 December 2004 11:16 PM

hope it get sorted out.

but not trying to be cynical or anything, but a scratch doesn't actually affect the performance... surely?

well, anyhow, good luck

Buckrogers 18 December 2004 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by two_fiveboy
hope it get sorted out.

but not trying to be cynical or anything, but a scratch doesn't actually affect the performance... surely?

well, anyhow, good luck

Err, no it does not. But if you go to a shop and buy something with a scratch on it you do not pay full price do you? :iamwithst :freak3:

Chip, stick to your guns. Keep grinding sky down till the pay up. It's not your fault monkey brain installer scratched your new equipment.

opelcorsa 18 December 2004 07:11 AM

Chip, hope i can get things sorted for ya mate, we are a contracting company in Galsgow and also carry out insurance works in folks hooses.

We get numerous calls from a client who has a contract to repair all the f*ck up skys installation team have ie ladders through conservatory roofs,boring holes in walls and hitting cables etc.

This client PAYS for ALL damage done by sky.

If you need an inside contact number let me know and i can pm you.

Regards

Davie

Dazza01 18 December 2004 08:30 AM

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/dvr420/dvr420.jpg

Nice :thumb:

Go for it Chip and Sue the w@nkers, about time they took notice of how crap there installers are.

Chip 18 December 2004 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by two_fiveboy
hope it get sorted out.

well, anyhow, good luck

A scratch wouldnt affect the performance of my car either but I wouldnt be happy if it came out with one after being serviced, Would you?

Chip

Chip 31 December 2004 01:30 PM

Sorted. After many unreturned phone calls I threatened legal action. Now got a cheque for £349 from them.

As for Sky customer service.What a bunch of bloody halfwits they are. If I hadnt wanted to keep the SKY+ I would have sent the lot back.

Chip

talizman 31 December 2004 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
Sorted. After many unreturned phone calls I threatened legal action. Now got a cheque for £349 from them.

As for Sky customer service.What a bunch of bloody halfwits they are. If I hadnt wanted to keep the SKY+ I would have sent the lot back.

Chip

Good Result! ;)

So you pocket the 350 big ones and live with the scratch? ;) :D

john_s 31 December 2004 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by talizman
Good Result! ;)

So you pocket the 350 big ones and live with the scratch? ;) :D

Nearly, but not quite....

Now the thing to do is get on the reatiler the DVD came from, tell them it was a Christmas present, you've only just opened it & set it up, and found it has a FRO scratch on it, and you want it replacing ASAP.

;) :D

John

Chip 31 December 2004 04:10 PM

Not so lucky guys!

They give me a cheque payable to the retailer(Richer Sounds) for me to buy a new dvd. After my purchase they then send a courier to pick up the scratched dvd. If they do pay a courier to pick it up I wonder what they'll do with it anyway.

I do think however that this manager was calling my bluff by saying this as I got a bit stroppy with him. Either way I dont care as I'll have a new dvd whatever happens.

I'm also getting a full refund of all the call charges Ill have for the hours Ive spent on the phone trying to sort this out.

Chip.