ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   A Fistfull of Dollars (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/387799-a-fistfull-of-dollars.html)

16vmarc 15 December 2004 06:05 PM

A Fistfull of Dollars

Were the mexican actors voices dubbed for an american audience, or was it really just bad dubbing?!

FASTER MIKE!! 15 December 2004 08:41 PM

all i can say is its is deffo bad dubbing can't say out about the acting/ameriacan audience

Jap2Scrap 15 December 2004 09:24 PM

The film, and many of it's sequels, was filmed in Europe. The actors were mostly spanish and yes, the dialogues were subsequently dubbed on. Sergio Leone the director, was Italian.

I bet it was a barrel of laughs during filming with no one being able to understand what anyone was saying. Just reading lines at prompts.

Poor Guy 15 December 2004 09:38 PM

Twas filmed in Italy. Spag Western.

Jye 15 December 2004 09:42 PM

So thats why I only ever listened to the music :idea:

Morricone = Cool mind :)

carl 15 December 2004 09:58 PM

Sergio Leone always dubbed the voices afterwards, to save arsing around with boom mikes getting in shot and everything.

IMHO his absolute best film is Once Upon a Time in the West, and it doesn't even have Clint Eastwood in it!

mj 15 December 2004 10:03 PM

you want soft toilet paper?

you go to hotel gayboy.

:D

The original was good, the take off was fantastic.

FASTER MIKE!! 15 December 2004 10:04 PM

nop its gotta be the good the bad and the ugly

carl 15 December 2004 10:09 PM

Nonono. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was just a precursor to Once Upon a Time...

In Once Upon a Time..., they recorded all the music first, then played it on the set to set the acting to the music and not vice versa. They did the same in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly but only in one scene.

Even Sergio Leone regarded Once Upon a Time... as his zenith.

BuRR 15 December 2004 10:10 PM

A few dollars more.... cool :)

brickboy 16 December 2004 08:49 AM

Another vote for "For a few dollars more ..." ..... better than "fistful". The scenes with the watch chimes are 5-star classic cinema :)

SJ_Skyline 16 December 2004 09:03 AM

The good the bad and the ugly was my favourite.

Jap2Scrap 16 December 2004 10:42 AM

What about "Hang 'Em High"?

To be honest I can't remember the plot of it :D

GC8 16 December 2004 02:16 PM

'The Good...' was a prequel to the 'Dollars' films made third. Its my favourite but I havent seen 'Once Upon a Time in the West' as an adult; does it feature Henry Fonda as the villian?

Simon

carl 16 December 2004 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by GC8
I havent seen 'Once Upon a Time in the West' as an adult; does it feature Henry Fonda as the villian?

Indeed it does. Charles Bronson is also in it.

GC8 16 December 2004 07:13 PM

Ive just borrowed this off a friend so it may be added to my collection..... I havent ever seen it to buy on DVD myself though.

"..from start to finish; a dance of death..." Sergio Leone

Simon

16vmarc 16 December 2004 07:14 PM

not available to buy on dvd yet ;)

GC8 16 December 2004 07:16 PM

Im holding a double disc collectors edition right now

16vmarc 16 December 2004 07:21 PM

How strange lol, empire said due in april lol

GC8 16 December 2004 07:33 PM

'Paramount EC101999 R1' Pal Region 2, if youre looking for it; with a copyright date of 2003. It claims to be 'digitally re-mastered' as was 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly' and that hasnt been cleaned up at all.

johnfelstead 16 December 2004 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by carl

IMHO his absolute best film is Once Upon a Time in the West, and it doesn't even have Clint Eastwood in it!

Yep, i have the collectors edition DVD, brilliant film. :D

DazV 16 December 2004 10:38 PM

thought FISTFUL OF TRAVELLER'S CHEQUES was the superior work

GC8 16 December 2004 11:07 PM

The Comic Strip! Quality

mj 16 December 2004 11:17 PM

post No 7?

"Your'e in truble"

NotoriousREV 16 December 2004 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Poor Guy
Twas filmed in Italy. Spag Western.

They were called Spaghetti Westerns as they were made by Italian studios but most often filmed in parts of Spain (notably Tenerife and Gran Canaria)

mj 16 December 2004 11:29 PM

as above - furtenventura. good scenery, w@nk resorts.

carl 17 December 2004 09:06 AM

I thought they were actually filmed in southern Spain (not the Canaries) -- I've been to the set of Once Upon a Time in the West. IIRC Leone built this whole town for one scene.

NotoriousREV 17 December 2004 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by carl
I thought they were actually filmed in southern Spain (not the Canaries) -- I've been to the set of Once Upon a Time in the West. IIRC Leone built this whole town for one scene.

The Spag Westerns were filmed all over the place. Dollars/GB&U were filmed in southenr Spain, IIRC but plenty were filmed in the canaries too ;)

Peanuts 17 December 2004 10:42 AM

is this the one that was riped off in "last man standing"?
I loved the spaghetti westerns as a kid and really like last man styanding, I rewatched the films recently and they take on a whole new meaning as an adult.

:thumb:

FrenchBoy 17 December 2004 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts
is this the one that was riped off in "last man standing"?
I loved the spaghetti westerns as a kid and really like last man styanding, I rewatched the films recently and they take on a whole new meaning as an adult.

:thumb:

Yes, but they were both a rip-off/homage of Yojiimbo by Kurosawa - a quality film that also helped inspire star wars amongst many others. IMO it's Kurosawa's best film (even better than The Seven Samuarai - which was then ripped-off as The Magnificent Seven)