ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wasps nest in a hole in the ground :eek: (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/344216-wasps-nest-in-a-hole-in-the-ground-eek.html)

Jerome 13 July 2004 05:43 PM

Operation Jasper Sting

Operation Garden Storm

Drunken Bungle Whore 13 July 2004 05:44 PM

Sorry Nimbus - I'm just a bit of a bubble blowing, daisy waving hippie drop out (in a capitalist sort of a way with my WRX - but it does have daisies on the window :) )

If she knows not to go near the hole then the wasps should leave her alone. In my many encounters with wasps I only ever got stung once and that was when I sat on one, so you can hardly blame it really - (I would have stung me in the circumstances! :D )

Hope the the plan works OK and you don't get too badly burned. Perhaps you shouldn't be warning your daughter to stay away from the hole - more stay away from the fecking great creator I'm about to blow in the lawn! :D Who knows, maybe you'll find oil!!

:D

Drunken Bungle Whore 13 July 2004 05:46 PM

How about "Operation Buzz Off"

(I am not assisting or condoning the actual action you understand....)

Just thinking you may as well get a couple of sausages out and have a bit of a barbie while you're on.....

Brendan Hughes 13 July 2004 06:15 PM

PMSL at this thread - "Operation Garden Storm" :D

Where's MarkO with his new Stihl strimmer? :)

I cured a wasps' nest with Dad's flamethrower - savage thing, tank of paraffin on the back, shoots down the 5ft tube and into a superheated coil in the front (foot long and 4in dia), the idea is to burn hell out of the seeds and roots of the weeds in your garden. Works a treat on wasp nests, ooo yes :D

Bravo2zero_sps 13 July 2004 06:27 PM

The next time i'm driving through Flimwell and I see a ball of flames coming out of someone's garden i'll know who it is - you nutter! :D

andypugh2000 13 July 2004 06:27 PM

I zapped mine with ant powder that were in my roof, i done this up a 20 ft ladder to whilst dodging the buggers!!

http://www.andypugh.co.uk/nest2.JPG

Brendan Hughes 13 July 2004 06:30 PM

B20 - When you have 8 acres you don't p!ss about with a squirty bottle of paraquat. Dad's words on buying it were "I feel this is more in scale with the house" :D:D

Bravo2zero_sps 13 July 2004 06:33 PM

lol :D

Neil Smalley 13 July 2004 06:38 PM

Take off and Nuke the entire site from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure

andypugh2000 13 July 2004 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Neil Smalley
Take off and Nuke the entire site from Orbit, it's the only way to be sure

There is a Substantial dollar value attached to this project, you cant make a decision like that, your just a grunt :D

Neil Smalley 13 July 2004 07:20 PM

:luxhello:

ajm 13 July 2004 07:22 PM

The ant powder advice is sound. Get as much powder at the entrance as possible so that they get covered in it leaving/entering the nest. It will kill them all in a matter of hours.

gareth123 13 July 2004 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle Whore
Perhaps you shouldn't be warning your daughter to stay away from the hole - more stay away from the fecking great creator I'm about to blow

Deity or not, I really think he should shield his child from seeing that sort of thing. Actually, the Law might insist on it.

john_s 13 July 2004 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Christ
Optimax!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't forget octane booster if they are JDM ants!

John.

Buckrogers 13 July 2004 08:50 PM

If you go down the optimax route, have a garden hose pipe nearby, at the ready, just in case its needed.

I always do, when I am burning things, in the garden.......now where are my matches....:D:D

Christ 13 July 2004 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by john_s
Don't forget octane booster if they are JDM ants!

John.

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Any Photos yet?

Nimbus 13 July 2004 09:37 PM

Offical Press Release

Operation Garden Storm has been brought forward 24 hrs in a pre-pre-emptive strike. Units of the Anti-Wasp army have been in action clearing suspected enemy positions near the main wasp nest. More details and photos to follow....

Nimbus 13 July 2004 09:38 PM

And Neil, no ones nuking my site from orbit. We've not long moved in! ;)

ajm 13 July 2004 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by ajm
The ant powder advice is sound. Get as much powder at the entrance as possible so that they get covered in it leaving/entering the nest. It will kill them all in a matter of hours.

I should have read the thread properly :rolleyes:, didn't realise Optimax was an option. Bring on the fire!!!!!! :D

http://forum.drift.net/images/smilies/postpics.gif

NotoriousREV 13 July 2004 10:13 PM

Hmm, it's quiet...too quiet

Bravo2zero_sps 13 July 2004 10:22 PM

I smell napalm :D

NotoriousREV 13 July 2004 10:55 PM

I smell burning human flesh

StickyMicky 14 July 2004 02:44 AM

i want pics!

PMSL @ JDM wasps

lighter and faster but prone to haveing heart attacks if there not fed 102 octane flys :D

boxst 14 July 2004 09:09 AM

Hello

If you succeed, I have just discovered a wasps nest in my lawn as well. Bring that optimax on!

Steve.

Nimbus 14 July 2004 10:00 AM

Photos of the Operation are being prepared. Please stand by...

SJ_Skyline 14 July 2004 10:06 AM

Eyebrows still intact? :D;)

minor_threat 14 July 2004 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nimbus
Photos of the Operation are being prepared. Please stand by...

My anticiption reached fever point on page one of this thread . . . don't keep us waiting too long! :D :p

Edcase 14 July 2004 10:55 AM

55 minutes to prepare photos? Are you hand-developing them??! :D

Vette_76 14 July 2004 11:01 AM

<angry mob mode>

Give us the pictures dammit!!

</angry mob mode>

;)

Nimbus 14 July 2004 11:02 AM

Ok, OK..