ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Why are Pidgeons so bl00dy STUPID!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/338655-why-are-pidgeons-so-bl00dy-stupid.html)

pslewis 23 June 2004 11:08 PM

Why are Pigeons so bl00dy STUPID!?

Is it only me or have we seen the breeding of some kamakazi pigeons?

I mean, a crow eating a squashed rabbit is aware of the dangers and ALWAYS gets out the way ....

a Magpie, picking the eyes out of a flattened hedgehog - ALWAYS flies away when the bumper reaches its beak ....

BUT ..... those STUPID pigeons, not eating ANYTHING - no need to be in the road ........... just damned well sit there until they can't get their fat 4rses off the tarmac BANG!!

Another smelly corpse on the rad to smell for months!!

Pete

ScoobywagonGl 23 June 2004 11:10 PM

LOL :D

TelBoy 23 June 2004 11:10 PM

I wonder if they're bright enough to be able to spell their own name correctly though...? ;)

ALi-B 23 June 2004 11:17 PM

LOL @ Tel.

If there was one thing I'd wish the excessive cat population would control...is the excessive number of pigeons.....but nooooo, they have to go for sparrows and fish :rolleyes:

pslewis 23 June 2004 11:17 PM

Yeah, Yeah, ok - I can't remember ever having to type pigeon before :)

I suppose, thinking of how many I have murdered I owed them that, at least! ;)

Pete

scooby-tc 23 June 2004 11:21 PM

a pigeon bounced off my roofrack once at 90mph after swooping down to fly across a motorway,bloody psyco creatures.Luckily it wasnt my windscreen i hit it with,never seen so many feathers though.I saw it in my rear view mirror heading for the other carriageway in a kind of missile look :D

Buckrogers 23 June 2004 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis
I suppose, thinking of how many I have murdered I owed them that, at least! ;)

Pete, you change your front discs after getting 70,000 odd miles out of them, you don't drive fast enough to kill them!!! :D

pslewis 24 June 2004 12:06 AM

I drive plenty fast enough for me! Remember I turned 76 last week!

And no-one wished me a happy birthday! :(

Oh, yes, its actually 50,000miles at the moment and counting! No squeals yet from the pads, plenty of disc left, the tyres should be replaced soon I would guess - but they have a few 1,000 left!!

Cheap this performance lark ain't it??!!

:D Pete :D

David Lock 24 June 2004 08:34 AM

Telboy - I think that's Pete going back to his colonial past and speaking in Pidgin english? :D

Leslie 24 June 2004 11:08 AM

Happy Birthday PSL.

If you think pigeons are a bit slow off the mark, try pheasants. They are a plague on the roads around here, we call them coloured chickens!

Mind you, an eagle through the windscreen at low level in a Canberra at 400 tends to concentrate the mind.

Les

Dazza01 24 June 2004 11:22 AM

Have u ever seen a baby pigeon :confused::p

Brit_in_Japan 24 June 2004 02:30 PM

...bird brains

Bravo2zero_sps 24 June 2004 02:54 PM

What i don't get about pigeons is that in London virtually every single one of them has a foot missing or even both feet missing!!! Why??? :confused:

TelBoy 24 June 2004 02:58 PM

They're flamingo wannabes. :)

Jye 24 June 2004 03:09 PM

What i don't get about pigeons is that in London virtually every single one of them has a foot missing or even both feet missing!!! Why???
I could tell you whats probably biting them off, but I wont :D

Bravo2zero_sps 24 June 2004 03:19 PM

Oh go on :D

scoobys20mgh 24 June 2004 03:28 PM

I had one fly into the side of my car at a pedestrian crossing - busy one as well!!! killed the thing instantly...thought the crowd were going to lynch me....stupid bloody birds!