ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   what do you get a vegan for easter (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/316110-what-do-you-get-a-vegan-for-easter.html)

dicky ticker 03 April 2004 09:21 AM

what do you get a vegan for easter

obviously they don't eat "normal" chocolate. is there a special vegan easter egg out there.

cheers

colin

boxst 03 April 2004 09:48 AM

Hello

You can get them a new set of ears in case they get bored with their own:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/98500...76_ears150.jpg

Oh no, hold on that might not be right ....

Steve.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/98500...6_spock300.jpg

Cupramax 03 April 2004 10:01 AM

PMSL @ Boxst. Nearly fell off my chair laughing. Thats made my morning... :D

TonyNesta 03 April 2004 09:21 PM

Show them how considerate you are by making them a chocolate egg yourself, that way you can select the right chocolate suitable for their diet. Don't forget to stir in thoroughly the half pound of lard or black pudding and bacon rind for extra taste.

They'll love you for it.

T

J4CKO 03 April 2004 09:44 PM

Perhaps an appointment with a Psychologist ?

GM 03 April 2004 10:05 PM

A Cadbury's one and a slap? :)

beamer 03 April 2004 10:09 PM

Bacon sandwich:D

David Lock 03 April 2004 10:13 PM

Nice one boxst which must mean.......

Star Trek - the complete collection

camie 03 April 2004 10:23 PM

knuckle sandwich

fatherpierre 03 April 2004 10:51 PM

Get 'em fook all.

The very fact it's called an 'egg' means they won't appreciate it. Give 'em the cash, or do what I'd do - get 'em nothing.

They must be weird and all weak and pasty anyway.........

camie 03 April 2004 11:06 PM

damn hippies

fast bloke 03 April 2004 11:20 PM

a copy of the new atkins diet, so they can see the benefits of eating nothing but non-vegan food :D

Chip 04 April 2004 10:34 AM

Pork Pie!

Chip.

skoobidude 04 April 2004 10:45 AM

Dark-chocolate egg?

Makes your farts hot tho! :(

The Zohan 04 April 2004 11:06 AM

Jamie Olivers new Book?

Poor Guy 04 April 2004 11:08 AM

feckin lefty hippys

wwp8 04 April 2004 11:21 AM

simple! an easter card.

or get a new friend

Butkus 04 April 2004 11:45 AM

feckin lefty hippys
It's good to see that tolerance is alive and well on SN as ever ;)

I say that anyone who eats meat should be capable of killing the thing they're eating themselves, and should be comfortable visiting an abattoir.

Yeah those Vegans are some crazy guys alright! They think it's crazy to drink milk from another species! Crazy to drink something designed for baby cows! Nutters!

Enjoy your Easter Eggs.... www.notmilk.com

jjones 04 April 2004 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Butkus
I say that anyone who eats meat should be capable of killing the thing they're eating themselves, and should be comfortable visiting an abattoir.

pass me the gun faggot boy and stand well clear, don't want cow brains on your sandles.

J4CKO 04 April 2004 03:25 PM

Butkus, I dont need to kill animals for my tea, people do it for me, grind it up all nice and small so I cant see the less savoury looking bits and then cover it in breadcrumbs.

If I had to kill to eat I would, visit an abbatoir, yeah and your point being, cow gets a bolt through its head and falls down dead in heap, I am glad they do this as eating a live cow is impractical and makes portion control difficult, getting the cow to stand still for the application of breadcrimubs is also tricky.

Boro 04 April 2004 04:06 PM

Hahahaha Jacko

Ive killed for food before, some guy tried pushing in front of me at the kebab shop so i shot the fcuka!

ALi-B 04 April 2004 04:09 PM

Plus picking out the shotgun pellets out my food would be a pain in teh arse ;)

How about just send them a card. And remind them the more religious aspect of easter rather than bunny's humping everywhere and chocolate eggs ;)

BTW I'm not religious, far from it. But this is the supposed to be reason why we have easter holidays. ;)

ajm 04 April 2004 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Perhaps an appointment with a Psychologist ?

lol! and a dietician!

lmsbman 04 April 2004 11:03 PM

My mates young lad is allergic to all dairy products. He managed to find some non-dairy chocolate in a health food shop. I think it was Holland & Barrett.

supertouring 05 April 2004 12:02 AM

We had a vegan work with us - a complete pain in the arse. Many restaurants cover veggies now (or just about) but few have a clue about vegans. It was always too much trouble - topped off with her ranting that vegans are not looked after in this country. I used to smile and get stuck into my steak as quickly as possible. Putting pork pies in the fridge next to her things was always one to cause an instant outburst! :-)

She used to have vegan sweets and buscuits - not nice, not nice at all. I think they were all imported.

weapon69 05 April 2004 08:49 AM

Green and Black's Easter Eggs are vegan-not all of them though. But they don't taste as nice;)

Dream Weaver 05 April 2004 10:43 AM

I'd quite happily visit an abbatoir me, always been curious!!

Vegans aint natural - they always look like ghosts.

lightning101 05 April 2004 12:38 PM

Get her the vibrating "love eggs" - if she doesn't want to eat them, she can go fcuk herself. :D

Nicci 05 April 2004 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by lmsbman
My mates young lad is allergic to all dairy products. He managed to find some non-dairy chocolate in a health food shop. I think it was Holland & Barrett.

Holland and Barratt always used to do dairy free eggs (when I had a Saturday job there in 89/90).
I would expect they still do.
They have a store in most large towns, so go shopping.

drumsterphil 05 April 2004 01:59 PM

My sister's a vegan and believe me she ain't pasty and weak ( and a kickboxer par excellence to boot!).

There are many shops these days that cater for vegans and you can get vegan chocolate.

FYI - dark chocolate can be eaten by vegans as it contains no animal products whatsoever.

Rgds
Phil