ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why no heat shield on the MY03's turbo? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/310263-why-no-heat-shield-on-the-my03s-turbo.html)

Gutmann pug 14 March 2004 11:32 AM

Why no heat shield on the MY03's turbo?

or was mine a Friday car?
I think i'm correct in saying the earlier cars had a sheild around the turbo to protect the top up bottles close by? Looking at mine it doesnt have one. Any reason for this?

CHRIS_D 14 March 2004 11:35 AM

gary,

is it fully decatted from the turbo back ?

If so they might not have put it back on when they changed the downpipe ?

Group buy - i need one too :rolleyes::D

Gutmann pug 14 March 2004 11:40 AM

group buy my arsxe ........ its a dealer supplied full de-cat so if it aint on they can get me a new for for nowt ..... they dont just fall off !!

Poxy weather .... was gonna clean the car today ,.,grrrrrrr

CHRIS_D 14 March 2004 11:42 AM

couldnt get 2 of em could ya

was onky joking about the group buy BTW mate :rolleyes:

True about weather - shyte

Gutmann pug 14 March 2004 11:46 AM

I know you were joking mate .......

anyone else out there got a MY03 ?? ...heat shield or not?

Jasoon 14 March 2004 11:52 AM

iv got a heat sheild on mine, but mine hasnt been decatted

Aztec Performance Ltd 14 March 2004 12:00 PM

Haven't got one on mine. Was a pain to put on with decat, so I didn't bother. 2 years now and never a problem

Gutmann pug 14 March 2004 01:54 PM

Maybe i wont bother chasing them for a new one then ....... cheers for the comments though

Bob Rawle 14 March 2004 02:07 PM

It should have a heat sheild and I would say MUST have a heat shield as that corner of the intercooler will toast without it which means higher charge temps which means det (possibly) which means ...

Its just pure laziness to not refit it, ok so they have to trim it a bit but that takes maybe 5 mins of anyones time.

Go back and insist, the car is arguably even more at risk without it.

cheers

bob

Gutmann pug 14 March 2004 02:36 PM

Thanks for the comment Bob........ I will ring my dealer who fitted the exhaust from new.

Thanks

Gary

FrenchBoy 14 March 2004 06:20 PM

Yep mines got a heat shield! (WRX03 ppp)

vindaloo 14 March 2004 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
group buy my arsxe ........ its a dealer supplied full de-cat so if it aint on they can get me a new for for nowt ..... they dont just fall off !!

Poxy weather .... was gonna clean the car today ,.,grrrrrrr

Better than me, I cleaned mine yesterday.....took it for a mostly brilliant 70 mile drive but it got completely soaked in the odd downpour....and re-splattered with salt and crap :( :(

Still, at least it was warm enough earlier on for me to complete the front de-tangonisation. :)

DaveR 15 March 2004 08:04 AM

TSL re-shaped mine before putting it back on over the decat - apparently it is necessary, to protect the surrounding gear

MadMark 15 March 2004 09:47 AM

Yup mine has a heat shield .....

davedipster 15 March 2004 11:36 AM

When the PPP kit is fitted to the 03sti they have to cut away some of the heatsheild to make it fit back on. It must be fitted cos it gets dam hot around there without it.

Dipster

scooby L 15 March 2004 11:44 AM

Sorry Gutmann,

Mine's still on too...