ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   FAO Pavlo!! Or any other injector expert? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/304528-fao-pavlo-or-any-other-injector-expert.html)

PICKLE 23 February 2004 03:50 PM

FAO Pavlo!! Or any other injector expert?

I'm currently in the middle of fitting a set of Purple Denso RX7 550 injectors, which are fitted with one of Pavlo's adapter kits to fit them to a Phase 2 Fuel rail (phew) :)

My question is: When it comes to refitting the alloy 'Caps' do you just use longer screws, and not use the rubber insulator?

Any help would be appreciated, as I need to finish before the weekend really!

Cheers, Pickle

Jolly Green Monster 23 February 2004 04:58 PM

If the fitting kit Pavlo provided didn;t include longer screws then I would suggest you don't need them.. but might need to remove or adapt the rubber in the covers..

On the Phase 1 you have to file off the ridge on the injector to allow the electric plug to go on.. as the lugs on the side of the injector don't line up with the plug. Then they plug in the same as standard.. I presume this is the same on phase 2 wiring loom.

JGM :)

PICKLE 23 February 2004 05:49 PM

The injectors were bought 2nd hand so can't comment on whether the screws are part of the kit?

Anyone got Pavlo's E-mail address??

Jolly Green Monster 23 February 2004 08:31 PM

On the phase 1 the kit contains longer screws and you remove the rubber insert of cut it.

The connector I am still slightly concerned about.. I thnik you need the file the lugs off the injector to get them to fit.

Anyone with any knowledge seems to have been frightened off by thei sh1te software conversion..

Haven't seen Pavlo about here, or on his other haunts so suspect he is busy/on holiday.. if I see him I shall point him here.

JGM

Pavlo 23 February 2004 10:31 PM

Screws are included in kit, as well as spacers, which should be 5.35mm long from memory.

The rubber insert is not fitted with phase 2 rails, and you should releive the head of the injector too.

I will find the thread with the pictures on.

Paul

PICKLE 24 February 2004 05:37 PM

Top! Paul, any luck with those photos?
Anybody else got any photo's preferably ones of them fitted to the rails! ;)

My adapters are in 2 pieces--a ring on top, then the 'Top hat' part with O-ring. I take it this is correct?

Also, 3 of the injectors have a green nozzle on the end, the other is alot darker (almost Black)!! OK?

Pavlo 24 February 2004 05:56 PM

search is crap, will find it though, or repost the pictures.

Paul

PICKLE 24 February 2004 07:09 PM

Paul. If you like, just E-mail the photo's to me P14KLE@AOL.COM

Cheers :)

Delboy2 25 February 2004 02:28 AM

Here ya go, look HERE :D

Cheers

PICKLE 25 February 2004 06:50 AM

Delboy2, Class!.:) Thats the thread I had saved, but somehow lost it just when I needed it most :rolleyes:

Cheers

Delboy2 25 February 2004 12:25 PM

;)