ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   ITG panel filters (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/28634-itg-panel-filters.html)

DeliciouSpeed 21 March 2001 09:31 PM

I am going to and order a few from Scooby Sport (For me and some friends, MY01 WRX). What do you guys think of them? How is the filtration? Performance?

TIA,
Ken

TKH 21 March 2001 10:43 PM

Great choice i replaced the standard kit with a Blitz cone which f****d my M.A.F up big bucks to repair and then switched to one of Scooby Sports ITG panels which has been faultless go for it

Regardsa

Tim

JDS 22 March 2001 09:40 AM

I also run one with no problems

James

iain atkins 22 March 2001 10:12 AM

No problems with mine either

Iain

Ken E 22 March 2001 10:19 AM

How does the ITG compare with the K & N panel filter ? anyone used both ?

PeterPerfect 23 March 2001 11:15 PM

16k miles with my ITG and no problems.

DARREN 23 March 2001 11:29 PM

No problems either(6 mths) but thinking of getting an induction kit because mines a pre98 model

Andy Burrell 24 March 2001 03:32 PM

I had one on my 99MY and replaced it with a K&N as I was fed up with the thick slimmy blue gunk in the airbox. Last service there was about a tablespoon of it. I have always rum K&N on my bikes for the last 20 years and they are still the best.

scoootie5 25 March 2001 12:33 PM

Had the same slimmey, gluey, stickey 'orrible gunk on my airbox too.

Dales 25 March 2001 01:46 PM

I'm confused about these panel filters

Do they actually improve performance at all?
Any increases in induction noise?

Oh, and how much do they cost?

Cheers

Dales

DeliciouSpeed 26 March 2001 02:13 AM

I just got the K&Ns. I like it. Can't wait for my Exhaust and suspension bits.

Ken

Alex Clydesdale 26 March 2001 01:37 PM

Yes, there is a performance increase, and yes, there is a more defined and and graphic induction sound. (ITG in MY94 WRX/STi)
I suppose that something like a cone will give even greater increases, but to have a flow increase, you have to trade filtration, which is fine if you are able to use it tactfully, ie only fit it in extreamly low dust conditions.
Remember also that by removing the existing scoob airbox + inner wing, your car will be more at risk from higher intake temperatures at standstill or in trafic.
At first, I wanted to fit a Blitz, because i knew it would probably give the most exiting performance increase, but in the end i didnt want to reduce the cars all road, all weather ability etc.etc. by confining it to extreamly low dust conditions, and excessivly avoiding traffic so I went for the ITG, as it seems to be the favorite and most well documented and have had no problems yet.

Dales 26 March 2001 03:43 PM

Cheers for the reply Alex

Dales

DeliciouSpeed 26 March 2001 04:43 PM

I pulled out the stock resonator, and funnel.
Installed the K&N, and a section of hose pulling air from the wheel well. I then cut a sheet of white plastic, and covered the emply hole to the fender to reduce the amount of warm engine air getting into the intake.
The car responds a lot better, and pulls a little harder.

In route is a BPM downpipe/single cat/mid pipe and back box. I have an EVC4 that will be going in once that is received.

I also have a set of Cusco Zero1 coilovers,whiteline rear 22mm sway bar and an anti lift kit coming in shortly as well.

Already fitted are OZP1s and Kumho 712s.
I love this car.

Ken

[This message has been edited by DeliciouSpeed (edited 26 March 2001).]