ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Help with Halo (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/209460-help-with-halo.html)

druddle 15 May 2003 12:30 PM

I am stuck in Halo.

I have got to the level where you get the tape from the other soldier and view it. Then all the little critters come at you and they explode when you mow them down!!!

I got to the section called Escape, and then worked my way to a room with a big elevator. When you go to the panel and call the elevator it comes crashing down. What do you do from here as im stuck !!

Dave

Its level 6 by the way...

[Edited by druddle - 5/15/2003 12:39:22 PM]

BuRR 15 May 2003 05:30 PM

I can't help, but this is from my 11 and 7 year olds.... :)

"You go looking through the rooms, and if you get to a room where there are some boxes with fire behind them. Jump on the boxes, jump onto the second floor, and you come into the room where you previously killed some flood (the aliens) and at the front you see where there's the longest jump that you can't make, there should be a switch to the right that activates a light bridge. Press it and go across, go through the door at the opposite side, and then there are some rooms on the second floor that you've already been in - if you carry on going through some doors, you'll find another lift. Go up in the lift, and you should appear near the beginning, where there are some Covenant"

Hope this helps :)

DrEvil 16 May 2003 08:43 AM

LOL!

I'm stuck on the Library level - two things holding me back, keep getting to a bit where the flood just attack and attack... seems endless and run out of ammo (and life)... The other issue is it was on my mates X-Box and now we don't share a flat with him, I don't have access anymore... damn! Such an awesome game.

... i will not buy a X Box... i will not buy a X Box... I will not buy an X Box... :D

ScoobyJawa 16 May 2003 10:08 AM

Alex buy the damn XBOX ;) :p

Even my 2 Microsoft hating friends converted!!!!

As for the waves and waves of flood, keep moving about all the time and use the shotgun, its the best weapon against the flood.

MIRP ! 16 May 2003 10:09 AM

I'm still stuck there DrE, think it's because my TV is to Small ;) will sort that out in the next week or so. and you can come round for another go, just bring some eye drops :)

And as I'm here, has any one got thought it, have tried running as fast as I can after the annoyingly happy guide and also systemically killing every last mother out there but there are just to may and they still getting me and I'm on the normal level. Any help apart from getting a 7year old to do it.

[Edited by MIRP ! - 5/16/2003 10:10:45 AM]

DrEvil 16 May 2003 10:14 AM

Do you think I'd be able to convince Milly the XBox was free with the microwave I need to buy?? ;)

ScoobyJawa - as above, I either need to convince her it was free with the microwave or do Homebase or B&Q sell 'em! :D

PS. MIRP! hope all is well mate - I'll be round tomorrow AM to sort out the last couple of bits - I'll bring the cleaning lady too!! ;)

[Edited by DrEvil - 5/16/2003 10:15:42 AM]

BuRR 16 May 2003 10:28 AM

Did the solution help then? :D

If its any conselation, my 7 year old knows all the Halo levels inside out now :) - he even watched that Halo 2 trailer... and his first words were "that music's from level four in Halo".... (or something like that :rolleyes:.... I really ought to get him out more :D

ScoobyJawa 16 May 2003 10:29 AM

The XBOX is so big you could probably tell her it was a microwave mate ;) :D

Might not last though if she opens the draw and tries to cook a curry in it :eek: :rolleyes:

AlanS 16 May 2003 10:50 AM

Druddle:

I've completed halo several times even in legendary!!! You need to find your way out exactly the same way you came in. ie retrace your steps.

You came down in on the platform lift at some stage so if you are at the lift you need to go up (heading back to the surface).

Tip: Weapons to use on the flood are shot-gun and pistol. Forget the alien weapons on the flood. Also, those big fat pods that explode into smaller critters, shoot them from a distance with the pistol to make them explode.

swiss scooby 16 May 2003 11:07 AM

Shoot at the big fat pods while other 'pop-corn' floods surround them (with hand- or machinegun). With only a few shots you can kill a lot of the tiny creatures.

towzer 17 May 2003 09:27 AM

Dave,

When you get back from your super bike weekend pop over and I'll show you what to do... I completed that level when were were supposed to be going out on the mountain bikes.

Phil

TS_Slim 17 May 2003 08:13 PM

I cant help cause im useless at it but my 4 year old has completed it on Heroic skill level :) and he kicks my ass on 2 player mode :(