ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   I WENT TO POWER ENGINEERING TODAY FOR A POWER RUN! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/206264-i-went-to-power-engineering-today-for-a-power-run.html)

tweenierob 06 May 2003 07:51 PM

Big thanks to Pavlo firstly for ALL of his time mapping my car, all of the long nights (and days) and for his patience!!!
Also thank him for helping out with my dodgy wiring:eek:
I am going to post later in Drivetrain some very interesting info which i am sure will be of great interest for 93-96 owners after a special service :D
Thanks to Andy F for My TD05/06 Hybrid WITH NO SURGE ISSUES!!
Thanks To Mark at Lateral Performance for lots of advice and some quality parts.
Probably missed someone :D:D

Anyways..
1.67bar

http://www.p-o-c.co.uk/misc/rob/pe1.jpg

Thanks to POC for the web hosting

Rob

[Edited by tweenierob - 5/6/2003 7:52:10 PM]

[Edited by tweenierob - 5/6/2003 8:00:52 PM]

Pavlo 06 May 2003 07:54 PM

speculation merry-go-round

David_Wallis 06 May 2003 08:02 PM

Would be very interested to have a look at the map :D

How much advance is that running compared to my old map??

Boost control done with??

David

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:03 PM

All done

David_Wallis 06 May 2003 08:04 PM

ps well done :D and same to paul..

David

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:07 PM

Thanks David.
Due to time scale we had to go with my Blitz SBCid controller, it did run well though as i have had probs in the past..
I am sure that if we had more time we could have sorted out the std solenoid control as we did make a start but time grew less..

Rob

Pavlo 06 May 2003 08:09 PM

The map wouldn't really mean much compared to a normal map.

It's using a different MAF sensor, rising rate fuel pressure reg, (and no water injection). Also I had a much better idea of where the map was being accessed, so had confidence that changes made to an area affected the right bit in reality.

Spool up isn't fantastic, but then I would say it spools faster on the road, and 1 bar is readily available.

not bad though.

Paul

David_Wallis 06 May 2003 08:14 PM

cool.. Ill mail you instead.. sounds interesting.. dont ask about my new ecu. pah.. see project thread..

David

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:15 PM

If the Blitz didnt fcuk about so much i could have set the gain, for the run it was set at 0.
I have run with it at 50 a couple of times and the boost comes in MUCH harder/sooner, but for todays run i could not take any chances as the Blitz loves to spike when the gain is raised at all.

Paul you are a legend!!!!:D

Rob

chrisp 06 May 2003 08:17 PM

Good result and any plans to run the car on other RR to get a selection of results as its difficult if others have run on other RR to get a good comparison.

David_Wallis 06 May 2003 08:18 PM

I set one of them up the other day.. or tried to.. except owner of car kept adjusting it.. He said no its supposed to be set to 50.. erm no it isnt was my reply.. he said yes it is.. (knowing nothing about it) I said what am I doing in your car then.. he said setting it up.. so I said ok then get your hands off it then.. :rolleyes:

David

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:18 PM

Was funny..
Merv opened the bonnet and said 'what the fcuk', i told him i had done the work and he said the engine bay needed a tidy up :D:D

R.

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:21 PM

LMFAO @ David!!!!!!!
I knew better than Paul most of the time:D:D:D

Forgot to add, massive thanks to Dan B for making it possible to run today...

Rob

brown eyed girl 06 May 2003 08:22 PM

sweet figures mate, Very very nice :D

David_Wallis 06 May 2003 08:25 PM

oh and photos.. and sort those prices :D

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:32 PM

Chrisp, all of my power runs have been carried out at PE bar one which was done at PTS, so i have stuck to PE so that i can have a good comparison.. mod by mod..
Not really interested in travelling over the country TBH, i did think about going to WL but already have one set of results, not really bothered how PE compares to other RR's..

Also, my car is being put back to std now, i have a buyer for the turbo/FMIC/ manifold conversion already.
The rest of my bolt ons are held for people..

Rob

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:35 PM

Sh!t...
Am off to work at 10pm, will mail you then mate.. :rolleyes:

Photo's... hopefully paul will help out with his rather expensive lookin Camera..:D:D

Rob

tweenierob 06 May 2003 08:36 PM

Car will hopefully be sold in the next two weeks:(...
New project time..:D

Rob

chrisp 06 May 2003 08:37 PM

Its a bit like the world heavy weight boxing championship we need the most powerful impreza on each RR chart and until one is the most powerful on all of them it cant claim to be undisputed champ :D. Could make an interesting magazine article, I would definitely buy a copy.

skiddus_markus 06 May 2003 08:54 PM

Nice one Rob-are you going to run it before the new car tcomes?I should be at the pod in a couple of weeks or so and it's been put off long enough;).
Are you going for big brother or little brother for your next project?

tweenierob 06 May 2003 09:07 PM

If there was a RWYB this weekend then my answer would be yes...:D
But my car is going to be in std spec in the next week so it will be gone before the next one... Bit p!ssed that i cant run against Rob again but i am sure there will be another time..
Is lookin like big brother ;)

Rob

jameswrx 06 May 2003 09:11 PM

I am going to post later in Drivetrain some very interesting info which i am sure will be of great interest for 93-96 owners after a special service
[94 wrx owner mode] Is it time yet??? [/94 wrx owner mode]:D

john banks 06 May 2003 09:28 PM

Was it slipping?

M0NEY 06 May 2003 10:06 PM

Nice one Rob, i bet your well chuffed with that! I will speak to you on email mate :D

GINGA 06 May 2003 10:08 PM

Nice one Rob,shame the car won't be around to run at the pod though :( would have been interesting to see how it would have done must surely have made 11's like that?

R19KET 06 May 2003 10:30 PM

Rob,

Great result..... 1.67bar... now there's a brave man :D
Can't believe that after all that time and effort, you're selling it SO SOON :( ;)

Mark.

Disco 06 May 2003 11:44 PM

Well done Rob, excellent result!

Tone Loc 07 May 2003 07:53 AM

Excellent result :D . Well done guys.

Tony.

P20SPD 07 May 2003 07:56 AM

Well Done Guys

Jay m A 07 May 2003 10:01 AM

Great figures, well done :)