ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   J D Power 2003 Survey (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/202859-j-d-power-2003-survey.html)

The Saint 26 April 2003 06:32 PM

The MY03 did not do too well in this survey did it?

Thank God I have a classic.......rated #1 in previous JDP surveys!

Saint

Neil Smalley 26 April 2003 06:43 PM

The way the weightings were and now have changed to focus more on running costs. No matter how good the car, or reliable, or excellent the dealers Scoobs cost a lot to run, hence why they've dropped in the ratings so much IMHO. The other Subaru models are well up in the list, which means at least to me, that it's the running costs that's the JD power killer

greg.g 26 April 2003 06:59 PM

Neil
You arent suggesting that scoobys have a drink problem are you;);):p

Greg:rolleyes:

Reffro 26 April 2003 07:36 PM

Ha Ha, it wasn't the MY03 that the JD power survey was measuring customer satisfaction for, it was the last of the classics.....

JD Power always asks for comments on 2/3 yr old cars to give the owners a chance to comment on all aspects of the ownership from the car itself to the dealer and manufacturer service and support.

So The Saint it was all your classic owning counterparts who have marked the Impreza down from the previous years results.

[Edited by Reffro - 4/26/2003 7:37:25 PM]

Up_North 26 April 2003 07:37 PM

The 2003 JD Power survey is for cars registered between September 2000 and August 2001 - so there's a good chance many of the comments are from Classic owners - 2001 was the first year of the New Age. NEXT years survey will be the most relevant for new age Imprezas

Ian

Turkish1 27 April 2003 12:24 AM

Bug eyes come out on an X plate, correct me if Im wrong, which was when the JD Power survey 2003 looked at so sorry to say its the bug eye.

Turkish1

The Saint 27 April 2003 08:28 AM

Its the Fuggly alll right. Not only fuggly but 68th in the survey.....

Saint

bassoctopus 27 April 2003 08:45 AM

IMHO Scoobs are just a victim of their own success. Once a car maker comes 1st in the survey for a few years running people's expectations rise.

Lets face it JD Power is just about car makings meeting expectations.

pbee 28 April 2003 03:07 PM

I just recieved a JD Power new car survey questionaire. For if I had bought a new car in the last 6 months. and was filled with questions about problems with the car during delivery first few weeks ect.

must be a new survey to the 2 year jobby.

clubby 28 April 2003 04:19 PM

I've seen quite a few classics on X plates, but no bugeyes. I had a Y plate bugeye, and I got the JD Power questionaire.

I think it's a mixture of both.

MATTeL 28 April 2003 04:26 PM

The JD Power survay was changed to screw the Impreza... I mean to ensure that low running cost and tree hugging cars with no personality fared better... ;)

Davestamf 28 April 2003 05:50 PM

JD power will not risk their reputation by victimising a car because of its image. The results are drawn purely from owners making comments which are mostly based on reliability, and does not yet include 03 series, which are too new. However, if the hesitancy problems on the new model persist, you may see the 03 even lower in the chart.

GTMR 28 April 2003 08:08 PM

I've been thinking about this, and clearly I've made a huge mistake. My new 03 WRX wagon arrives this weekend, and I am now wondering if anyone would like to swap me a classic for it.

GTMR 28 April 2003 08:10 PM

No, actually I think I'll keep it.

<climbs into protective gear>

The Saint 28 April 2003 08:34 PM

You might not want to keep it when the 3L bi-turbo comes out next year............the Fuggly Mk2 might just go then.

Saint