ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Diagnostic/Data Dsiplay (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/141885-diagnostic-data-dsiplay.html)

CataIunya 03 November 2002 10:14 PM

I thought ODB and the select protocol were 2 different kettles of fish. Also the ODB was slower than Select?

ricco 03 November 2002 11:07 PM

Would be interested if it would suit MY97...

Caronte 03 November 2002 11:16 PM

Simon,
how would you compare it to the Techtom mdm-100s?

Andrea

AliG 04 November 2002 12:20 AM

OOOOOh !! looks nice would be very interested in one for a Jap MY93 WRX what displays woud theroreticaly be available for this?

and whats the deal with adding in extra sensors can you supply and is the box user programable to be able to reed them so this can be done at a later date?

I am sure you have had many offers but I would be willing to let you play with my car to develop the version for the older models and am already planning a trip to Cheltenham to visit Powerstaion so could be in the area

Anyway keep me posted

Alistair

PSI3 04 November 2002 08:38 AM

We are just finishing the software for the post '98 cars, we then intend on making a version for older cars.

We hope to have the post '98 versions ready by December with the others following shortly after.

With regard to Techtom mdm-100s i have never used one so can't really comment.

simon

Matt Churchill 05 November 2002 04:36 PM

Simon sounds really good, - could've done with it a few weeks ago, when my CEL came on! Will be in touch for one for my 99.

Matt

jmca 13 November 2002 10:15 AM

Sounds really interesting!

Any news on the pre 98 cars?

Regards

Johny.

PSI3 13 November 2002 10:24 AM

Not yet jmca, but we will have fully working units to demo at the Powerstation RR meet this saturday.
Simon

WUZ 13 November 2002 08:55 PM

Count me in if it'll work on a MY97 and display all th estuff that the Link Tuning Module Cannot:(

Russell

mutant_dog 14 November 2002 03:28 PM

How about Silver facia with silver buttons? Am deffo interested though. BTW, how does it connect to the OBD socket? I presume it intercepts the cable at the rear of the socket so you can still plug a Select Monitor/DeltaDash into the front?

Presumably, if you turn it off, it won't talk down the OBD line so that I could still run DD without it interfering when I want to?

Cheers,

Matt :)

P.S. It's the Select Protocol, not the ODB protocol right?

jmca 28 November 2002 04:08 PM

Simon,

Any update?

Regards
Johny.

PSI3 28 November 2002 04:38 PM

Just finalising software for post '98 cars then we will try to sort the pre '98 cars , keep an eye out for a banner add very soon.

simon

Paul_M 28 November 2002 05:21 PM

Are there any pics of the demo units in action yet (i.e. showing some info on the display)?

PSI3 28 November 2002 07:50 PM

Paul, have a look at out temporary website for some info... psi3

simon

[Edited by PCB - 11/28/2002 7:51:46 PM]

Matt Churchill 28 November 2002 07:57 PM

Simon
yhm
Matt

Turbo_Steve 28 November 2002 11:46 PM

REALLY REALLY REALLY W-A-N-T this for MY94 Legacy! I'll change my ECU if I have to! Would also like a blue display, or better still a fluorescent-type one!

Really really awesome......what do I have to do to get one?

Caronte 28 November 2002 11:52 PM

Simon,

does it display :

ignition retard
knock correction
egt
Maf voltage
etc?

PSI3 29 November 2002 12:22 PM

Caronte, we are just deciding what to display, we have the choice to show everything the ecu looks at but a lot of it is meaningless to most people. So far the following 12 are deifinate:-

Boost Pressure (peak and current)
Engine Speed (peak and current)
Road Speed (peak and current)
Knock Correction (current)
Ignition Advance (current)
Coolant Temperature (peak and current)
Battery Voltage (current)
Intake Temperature (peak and current)
Throttle Position (current)
Mass Air Flow (current)
Lambda (current)
Injector Duration (current)

simon

CJRH 29 November 2002 12:30 PM

PCB, very interested in this. Do you have pictures etc of how the unit would fit into a MY99 car? It looks very good on the bug eye dash but there isn't an obvious place to fit it on a MY99.

Cheers

Chris

PSI3 29 November 2002 12:48 PM

Chris, i will post some pictures of the standalone unit in the next few days, the enclosure we are using will fit in the oddment space beteen the cigarette lighter and gear shift.

simon

CJRH 29 November 2002 01:37 PM

PCB, a suggestion only, perhaps it would be possible to use one of the pods that sits in the top cubby container in the middle of the dash as it would be easier / safer to read the display whilst driving.

Cheers

Chris

Matt Churchill 29 November 2002 05:24 PM

Guys, have been lucky enough to see the prototype going today, and it is fantastic. The speed it works at is unbelievable and the depth of information is mindblowing.

Now where is my cheque book!

Cubby hole is a good idea, except where you've got some Defi's in it;)

Matt

Paul_M 29 November 2002 05:50 PM

That looks excellent Simon, pity I have to wait a bit longer for MY97 JECS compatability but it'll be worth it :)

Caronte 29 November 2002 06:15 PM

Simon,
if a fault code appears, is it possible to access other functions or it will be constantly shown?

Thx A.

PSI3 29 November 2002 08:33 PM

Caronte, If a fault e.g lambda sensor failure, occurs a message informing you that a fault has been detected will be displayed, pressing EXIT will clear the message but the the fault code will be held in the Error code menu until the problem is resolved.
Every time the unit is activated the proceedure will be repeated and will cause the unit to display the error code message again.

simon

[Edited by PCB - 11/29/2002 8:36:04 PM]

CataIunya 30 November 2002 05:07 PM

As nobody answered this before lets try again:
I thought ODB and the select protocol were 2 different kettles of fish. Also the ODB was slower than Select?

ricco 30 November 2002 05:53 PM

Apart from £250 and this one being in a DIN sized unit, how does this differ from this http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=134067?

Not meant as a dig, just curios (Don't know how to spell:rolleyes:)

CataIunya 30 November 2002 06:15 PM

Much respect to the other boys to keep it open source.....Definitely gonna DIY one when they finish

Caronte 02 December 2002 05:11 PM

Simon,
Is it possible to monitor misfires?

Andrea

AndrewC 03 December 2002 08:29 AM

ricco,

This is a commercial product, fully built, tested and supported by the manufacturers, my monitor is definitely aimed at the DIY market. I am developing it as a hobby, there is no guarantee of delivery of anything.

Andrew...

Simon: I have been waiting for someone to bring this up so I thought I would make it clear that we are not in competition.