ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   new fsti (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1058285-new-fsti.html)

99greenwagon 07 March 2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 12046891)
I think lower profile tyres on the 18 will help , to be honest i’ve not noticed the 225 v 245 width difference , and both cars are on the same brand of tyre , i have put a boost gauge in today , im not sure what boost it’s running yet , i’ve also put back on original boost control set up , took it for a spin after that , it seems even quicker than the other fsti that’s running 330 , it must of been mapped , i just wonder what boost its running and if it’s running ok , map check due on the 02/04 , i left hks dump valve on it does sound nice even through i have not really been into having them , rear suspension also raised , tomorrow tighten hand brake a bit more , put some pagid front pads on convert it from kph to mph and put a splitter in the bonnet scoop , upgrade alarm now due saturday

nice... let me know how you tighten handbrake, mine feels a bit high too. thanks.

Vxr2010 07 March 2019 12:04 PM

pull up on the gear stick leather and it’s surriund , there may be screws under the stereo area , there are two screws at the other end of the console under the cd door , from memory the middle now lifts up , there is a nut on the handbrake use a 10mm spanner to tighten it down , don’t over do it or your handbrake will be on all the time , look for around 7 clicks on the handbrake to be fully on , hope that makes sense

99greenwagon 07 March 2019 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 12046951)
pull up on the gear stick leather and it’s surriund , there may be screws under the stereo area , there are two screws at the other end of the console under the cd door , from memory the middle now lifts up , there is a nut on the handbrake use a 10mm spanner to tighten it down , don’t over do it or your handbrake will be on all the time , look for around 7 clicks on the handbrake to be fully on , hope that makes sense

ah right ok, thanks, I remember on my classic type r the adjustment was behind the rear brakes, small hole in back of brake carrier to insert screwdriver and flick the little cog up or down, foz sounds a bit easier.:)

stockcar 07 March 2019 03:46 PM

the internal cable only tightens the lever, proper adjustment should be done at the rear hub (as you described) first..........

Vxr2010 12 April 2019 12:07 PM

well finally got there , a remap by richard at fb tuning , it’s running a bit over 1.3 bar , bhp somewhere around 340 or so , it pulls like a train in all gears , virtually no lag , it has headers and a sports cat so not a lot of burble but a lot of go lol , even Richard was surprised how well it pulls , he’s done a very good map

silver-sub 12 April 2019 12:37 PM

That's some decent power and yeah it does look mean.

fpan 12 April 2019 06:42 PM

That's gorgeous and very rare in this colour!
Congratulations!

Vxr2010 13 April 2019 09:36 AM

yeah it’s a good looking car , very minor issues the fact the arches were rolled but i’ve undersealed them now , pulls like a train headers and sports cat seem to add to that , i just wanted a rust free example

RobsyUK 20 April 2022 07:16 PM

Links don't work but would love to see it.
looking at selling my kmpreza for a fsti9