ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cp fuel injection (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1058195-cp-fuel-injection.html)

m40ttc 21 February 2019 10:02 PM

Cp fuel injection

Evening all.
Has anyone had and dealings with them? Been looking at new injectors and they seem to be far cheaper than anyone else. The write up seems to be the same as others. Am I missing something?

https://www.cpfuelinjection.com/coll...oducts/wrx-sti

1509joe 22 February 2019 09:29 AM

Don't know how your getting cheap from that cause that price is each.

Gambit 22 February 2019 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by 1509joe (Post 12045651)
Don't know how your getting cheap from that cause that price is each.

not so sure, it states SET OF 4x FUEL INJECTORS in the description, though they are generic injectors and look normally priced to me, need oe loom adapted to run them

1509joe 22 February 2019 10:39 AM

Possible I put 4 in the basket and £800 odd but don't know whether that was sets or individual. Misleading add :wonder:

m40ttc 22 February 2019 10:45 AM

It does say a set of 4x fuel injectors. And they are Bosch ev14 injectors which I thought were decent.

Sorry should of given more detail. I’m looking at 750cc/850cc injectors at £237/ £247 that almost half the price of others I’ve found on other sites.
its says they give you the pigtails to change the plugs over or plug and play adapters at a extra cost

Gambit 22 February 2019 10:55 AM

not a lot of people use them in subaru's from what i could see, i couldnt find much in the way of opinion/reviews on them when i was looking into injectors

1509joe 22 February 2019 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by m40ttc (Post 12045661)
It does say a set of 4x fuel injectors. And they are Bosch ev14 injectors which I thought were decent.

Sorry should of given more detail. I’m looking at 750cc/850cc injectors at £237/ £247 that almost half the price of others I’ve found on other sites.
its says they give you the pigtails to change the plugs over or plug and play adapters at a extra cost

Ring Alyn at AS Performance 01914103770

domino46 22 February 2019 06:40 PM

got my last set from asnu , uk company and very good injectors

Henrik 12 March 2019 06:24 PM

Did OP get these in the end?

I'm trying to decide if these are basically the same as the injector dynamics 1000cc/1050x injectors.

m40ttc 12 March 2019 10:20 PM

Thanks for your replies guys

Originally Posted by Henrik (Post 12047462)
Did OP get these in the end?

I'm trying to decide if these are basically the same as the injector dynamics 1000cc/1050x injectors.

I haven’t done anything more about this yet. But still interested how these can differ from deatschwerks or injection dynamics Wouldn’t their ev14 injectors be the same as cp fuel injection ev14 injectors? Surly Bosch injectors are Bosch injectors no matter what company supply them.

Do most aftermarket injectors come with different connector? Which require either putting new plugs on or having adapters?

Henrik 13 March 2019 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by m40ttc (Post 12047481)
I haven’t done anything more about this yet. But still interested how these can differ from deatschwerks or injection dynamics Wouldn’t their ev14 injectors be the same as cp fuel injection ev14 injectors? Surly Bosch injectors are Bosch injectors no matter what company supply them.

Do most aftermarket injectors come with different connector? Which require either putting new plugs on or having adapters?

i think ID, deatschwerks etc are Bosch injectors, that they claim to modify. They apparently also go through selection so that each set is matched in terms of flow, and also latency.

The modification has to do with the spray pattern, but how much difference the modifications actually make, I don't know. It's possible that they radically alter the injector behaviour,but it is also possible that it is just marketing spiel, and that the Bosch injectors are actually better performers (because 2hh would Bosch make a deliberately bad injector?).

​​​​​​I think Jura ran Bosch injectors successfully, at around 490hp from memory, and I'm sure others others have done similar.

It'd be good if a mapper chimed in on this - they'd probably have first hand experience from mapping both types.

Regarding the harness question: you can get car specific loom adaptors for the Bosch too (probably exactly the same as the ID adaptors)

rickybobby 14 March 2019 01:08 PM

I've used Cliff at CP in the past. Very old school knowledgable guy and very good service. Best to give him a ring

Gambit 14 March 2019 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Henrik (Post 12047545)
i think ID, deatschwerks etc are Bosch injectors, that they claim to modify. They apparently also go through selection so that each set is matched in terms of flow, and also latency.

The modification has to do with the spray pattern, but how much difference the modifications actually make, I don't know. It's possible that they radically alter the injector behaviour,but it is also possible that it is just marketing spiel, and that the Bosch injectors are actually better performers (because 2hh would Bosch make a deliberately bad injector?).

​​​​​​I think Jura ran Bosch injectors successfully, at around 490hp from memory, and I'm sure others others have done similar.

It'd be good if a mapper chimed in on this - they'd probably have first hand experience from mapping both types.

Regarding the harness question: you can get car specific loom adaptors for the Bosch too (probably exactly the same as the ID adaptors)

bit more than that from what ive been told first hand regarding ID - they work with Bosch to develop their own range

found bit more online under this site that states
http://rndmotorsport.co.uk/Injector-...ctors-set-of-4

Like the ID1300x and ID1700x, the ID1050x is not a modified production component. It is a built to spec motorsport injector, offering optimization of critical operating parameters important to you, the motorsport tuner.

Henrik 15 March 2019 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Gambit (Post 12047642)
bit more than that from what ive been told first hand regarding ID - they work with Bosch to develop their own range

Sorry, yes, i was talking about the ID1000 injectors specifically (badly worded). The id1050x does indeed seem to be an exclusive thing to ID.

There's about 150 between the Bosch injectors and the 1050x, which my mapper prefers, so I'll probably just save up and go for the 1050x myself.

At the the moment I'm running decapped injector, and tbh I haven't noticed any rough idling issues etc myself, but then I did modify 12 of them and pick the best bunch after doing my own flow measurements, so they're very close. Having said that, I'm sure the 1050x is better than the ones I have at the moment, which should help with fuel economy if nothing else :)

m40ttc 04 April 2019 05:50 PM

Cheers for the info guys. Decided to do the same as you Henrik go for the ID1050x. Got them from as performance, just as described really nice guy and very helpful.