Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Cp fuel injection

Old 21 February 2019, 10:02 PM
  #1  
m40ttc
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The English riviera
Posts: 43
Default Cp fuel injection

Evening all.
Has anyone had and dealings with them? Been looking at new injectors and they seem to be far cheaper than anyone else. The write up seems to be the same as others. Am I missing something?

https://www.cpfuelinjection.com/coll...oducts/wrx-sti


Last edited by m40ttc; 21 February 2019 at 10:03 PM.
m40ttc is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 09:29 AM
  #2  
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 1,704
Default

Don't know how your getting cheap from that cause that price is each.
1509joe is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 10:21 AM
  #3  
Gambit
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally Posted by 1509joe View Post
Don't know how your getting cheap from that cause that price is each.
not so sure, it states SET OF 4x FUEL INJECTORS in the description, though they are generic injectors and look normally priced to me, need oe loom adapted to run them
Gambit is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 10:39 AM
  #4  
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 1,704
Default

Possible I put 4 in the basket and £800 odd but don't know whether that was sets or individual. Misleading add
1509joe is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 10:45 AM
  #5  
m40ttc
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The English riviera
Posts: 43
Default

It does say a set of 4x fuel injectors. And they are Bosch ev14 injectors which I thought were decent.

Sorry should of given more detail. Iím looking at 750cc/850cc injectors at £237/ £247 that almost half the price of others Iíve found on other sites.
its says they give you the pigtails to change the plugs over or plug and play adapters at a extra cost

Last edited by m40ttc; 22 February 2019 at 10:47 AM.
m40ttc is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 10:55 AM
  #6  
Gambit
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,564
Default

not a lot of people use them in subaru's from what i could see, i couldnt find much in the way of opinion/reviews on them when i was looking into injectors
Gambit is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 12:37 PM
  #7  
1509joe
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Not sure
Posts: 1,704
Default

Originally Posted by m40ttc View Post
It does say a set of 4x fuel injectors. And they are Bosch ev14 injectors which I thought were decent.

Sorry should of given more detail. Iím looking at 750cc/850cc injectors at £237/ £247 that almost half the price of others Iíve found on other sites.
its says they give you the pigtails to change the plugs over or plug and play adapters at a extra cost
Ring Alyn at AS Performance 01914103770
1509joe is offline  
Old 22 February 2019, 06:40 PM
  #8  
domino46
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: www.bbscoobys.com
Posts: 2,522
Default

got my last set from asnu , uk company and very good injectors
domino46 is offline  
Old 12 March 2019, 06:24 PM
  #9  
Henrik
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 3,427
Default

Did OP get these in the end?

I'm trying to decide if these are basically the same as the injector dynamics 1000cc/1050x injectors.
Henrik is offline  
Old 12 March 2019, 10:20 PM
  #10  
m40ttc
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The English riviera
Posts: 43
Default

Thanks for your replies guys



Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Did OP get these in the end?

I'm trying to decide if these are basically the same as the injector dynamics 1000cc/1050x injectors.
I havenít done anything more about this yet. But still interested how these can differ from deatschwerks or injection dynamics Wouldnít their ev14 injectors be the same as cp fuel injection ev14 injectors? Surly Bosch injectors are Bosch injectors no matter what company supply them.

Do most aftermarket injectors come with different connector? Which require either putting new plugs on or having adapters?
m40ttc is offline  
Old 13 March 2019, 07:11 PM
  #11  
Henrik
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 3,427
Default

Originally Posted by m40ttc View Post
I havenít done anything more about this yet. But still interested how these can differ from deatschwerks or injection dynamics Wouldnít their ev14 injectors be the same as cp fuel injection ev14 injectors? Surly Bosch injectors are Bosch injectors no matter what company supply them.

Do most aftermarket injectors come with different connector? Which require either putting new plugs on or having adapters?
i think ID, deatschwerks etc are Bosch injectors, that they claim to modify. They apparently also go through selection so that each set is matched in terms of flow, and also latency.

The modification has to do with the spray pattern, but how much difference the modifications actually make, I don't know. It's possible that they radically alter the injector behaviour,but it is also possible that it is just marketing spiel, and that the Bosch injectors are actually better performers (because 2hh would Bosch make a deliberately bad injector?).

​​​​​​I think Jura ran Bosch injectors successfully, at around 490hp from memory, and I'm sure others others have done similar.

It'd be good if a mapper chimed in on this - they'd probably have first hand experience from mapping both types.


Regarding the harness question: you can get car specific loom adaptors for the Bosch too (probably exactly the same as the ID adaptors)
Henrik is offline  
Old 14 March 2019, 01:08 PM
  #12  
rickybobby
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scunthorpe
Posts: 358
Default

I've used Cliff at CP in the past. Very old school knowledgable guy and very good service. Best to give him a ring
rickybobby is offline  
Old 14 March 2019, 02:14 PM
  #13  
Gambit
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Belfast
Posts: 2,564
Default

Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
i think ID, deatschwerks etc are Bosch injectors, that they claim to modify. They apparently also go through selection so that each set is matched in terms of flow, and also latency.

The modification has to do with the spray pattern, but how much difference the modifications actually make, I don't know. It's possible that they radically alter the injector behaviour,but it is also possible that it is just marketing spiel, and that the Bosch injectors are actually better performers (because 2hh would Bosch make a deliberately bad injector?).

​​​​​​I think Jura ran Bosch injectors successfully, at around 490hp from memory, and I'm sure others others have done similar.

It'd be good if a mapper chimed in on this - they'd probably have first hand experience from mapping both types.


Regarding the harness question: you can get car specific loom adaptors for the Bosch too (probably exactly the same as the ID adaptors)
bit more than that from what ive been told first hand regarding ID - they work with Bosch to develop their own range

found bit more online under this site that states
http://rndmotorsport.co.uk/Injector-...ctors-set-of-4
Like the ID1300x and ID1700x, the ID1050x is not a modified production component. It is a built to spec motorsport injector, offering optimization of critical operating parameters important to you, the motorsport tuner.

Last edited by Gambit; 14 March 2019 at 02:15 PM.
Gambit is offline  
Old 15 March 2019, 11:22 AM
  #14  
Henrik
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 3,427
Default

Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
bit more than that from what ive been told first hand regarding ID - they work with Bosch to develop their own range
Sorry, yes, i was talking about the ID1000 injectors specifically (badly worded). The id1050x does indeed seem to be an exclusive thing to ID.

There's about 150 between the Bosch injectors and the 1050x, which my mapper prefers, so I'll probably just save up and go for the 1050x myself.

At the the moment I'm running decapped injector, and tbh I haven't noticed any rough idling issues etc myself, but then I did modify 12 of them and pick the best bunch after doing my own flow measurements, so they're very close. Having said that, I'm sure the 1050x is better than the ones I have at the moment, which should help with fuel economy if nothing else
Henrik is offline  
Old 04 April 2019, 05:50 PM
  #15  
m40ttc
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The English riviera
Posts: 43
Default

Cheers for the info guys. Decided to do the same as you Henrik go for the ID1050x. Got them from as performance, just as described really nice guy and very helpful.
m40ttc is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
94 scooby
General Technical
2
12 March 2010 09:30 AM
Monie555
General Technical
4
07 April 2007 03:29 PM
DeanF
General Technical
0
22 July 2003 11:35 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cp fuel injection


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.