ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Terrorists (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1057121-terrorists.html)

RobsyUK 26 November 2018 05:49 PM

Terrorists

I’ve been watching ‘terrorists a close call’ on Netflix and can’t believe some of the things I’m hearing.

Australia: Some of their citizens went to pakistan and trained to blow them selves up and upon return Australia denied them entry. Excellent work in my eyes and why can’t we do that here?

another thing mentioned was the known 710 terror suspects Germany are watching with another 700 linked to them. Do we know how many the UK are watching? I’m guesssing none.

the shocking thing about this country was a 14yr old boy has been given a life sentace for arranging, telling them how and arranging the entire plot to kill Australians on one of their special days. The youngest person ever to be convicted of terrorist crimes. His solicitor trying to say he should be let off as he was brain washed... how can anyone defend someone like this?

finally and not related to the series but BBC News.
lastnight talking about another boat being return to Calais full of illegals.. YET 100 people last MONTH Were stopped on English Beaches being illegal - no wonder why the government have no idea how many are here.. scary stuff.

dpb 26 November 2018 06:20 PM

I would prefer uk to iran tbh

goodness how much worse security will be under a no deal brexit...

alcazar 26 November 2018 08:28 PM

And it will be worse because....?

Martin2005 26 November 2018 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12036071)
I’ve been watching ‘terrorists a close call’ on Netflix and can’t believe some of the things I’m hearing.

Australia: Some of their citizens went to pakistan and trained to blow them selves up and upon return Australia denied them entry. Excellent work in my eyes and why can’t we do that here?

another thing mentioned was the known 710 terror suspects Germany are watching with another 700 linked to them. Do we know how many the UK are watching? I’m guesssing none.

the shocking thing about this country was a 14yr old boy has been given a life sentace for arranging, telling them how and arranging the entire plot to kill Australians on one of their special days. The youngest person ever to be convicted of terrorist crimes. His solicitor trying to say he should be let off as he was brain washed... how can anyone defend someone like this?

finally and not related to the series but BBC News.
lastnight talking about another boat being return to Calais full of illegals.. YET 100 people last MONTH Were stopped on English Beaches being illegal - no wonder why the government have no idea how many are here.. scary stuff.

Blimey where to start with this...

Firstly if you suplimented Netflix viewing with 'the news', you'd know that the UK does indeed prevent people who are known to have attended terrorist training abroad re-entry, or immediately imprisoned upon their return.

Secondly, there are currently 23,000 people of interest being watched or monitored by the security services, not 'I guess none'.

Thirdly, It seems like you believe Australia should abandon it's legal system. Why would that be a good idea?

Finally, yes I'm sure there are lots of illegal immigrants in the UK, mostly though it's not 'scary stuff'. It's just a sad reflection of the world we live in.

dpb 29 November 2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 12036096)
And it will be worse because....?

lack of sharing

is the brexit secuirty minister spinning lies ??

alcazar 30 November 2018 10:56 AM

More supposition.

Unless you are in government and KNOW?

dpb 30 November 2018 11:14 AM

I think it would be foolish to suppose i know more than a minister of government

The Dogs B******s 01 December 2018 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12036112)
Blimey where to start with this...

Firstly if you suplimented Netflix viewing with 'the news', you'd know that the UK does indeed prevent people who are known to have attended terrorist training abroad re-entry, or immediately imprisoned upon their return.

Secondly, there are currently 23,000 people of interest being watched or monitored by the security services, not 'I guess none'.

Thirdly, It seems like you believe Australia should abandon it's legal system. Why would that be a good idea?

Finally, yes I'm sure there are lots of illegal immigrants in the UK, mostly though it's not 'scary stuff'. It's just a sad reflection of the world we live in.

Not posted on here for a while. I see you’re still a w4nker.