ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru Parts (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/)
-   -   Chevron Motorsport Race Top Mount Intercooler For Sale (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/1055518-chevron-motorsport-race-top-mount-intercooler-for-sale.html)

Paul C 02 August 2018 08:38 AM

Chevron Motorsport Race Top Mount Intercooler For Sale

SOLD

nufctoon 03 August 2018 10:20 AM

What power are these good up to?

Paul C 03 August 2018 10:56 AM

I was running around 500 no issues at all.

Cheers

Paul

Adam James Bartlett 03 August 2018 11:35 PM

1200£
is that right

Paul C 04 August 2018 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Adam James Bartlett (Post 12021138)
1200£
is that right

Correct

Adam James Bartlett 04 August 2018 11:48 AM

Sorry just never seen a top mount that expensive, must be the bees knees

MattyB1983 04 August 2018 04:18 PM

Which model is it as chevron do two types I believe... is it the expensive one or the really expensive one ????

Paul C 04 August 2018 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 12021180)
Which model is it as chevron do two types I believe... is it the expensive one or the really expensive one ????

top spec race version mate

P1-Murph 05 August 2018 09:23 PM

Is there any movement on price at all?

Any reason why you are swapping out?

Thanks

Paul C 05 August 2018 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by P1-Murph (Post 12021278)
Is there any movement on price at all?

Any reason why you are swapping out?

Thanks

Pm sensible offer if interested.

Selling due due to breaking car. worth more in parts these days unfortunately.

Cheers

Paul

juggers 05 August 2018 11:41 PM

Cost £2k new

Paul C 06 August 2018 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 12021290)
Cost £2k new

+ VAT

hackisfun 07 August 2018 04:58 PM

Struggling to see why someone would pay that money for top mount when u can get a front mound fitted capable of over 100bhp for less money

Paul C 07 August 2018 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by hackisfun (Post 12021490)
Struggling to see why someone would pay that money for top mount when u can get a front mound fitted capable of over 100bhp for less money

struggling to see why someone would comment on a for sale thread when they have no interest/intention of buying.

bengo 08 August 2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Paul C (Post 12021492)

struggling to see why someone would comment on a for sale thread when they have no interest/intention of buying.

Because its a forum and that's what they're for?

I'm intrigued too actually. My Perrin FMIC was £1800 new and rated to 1000 bhp apparently, what are the advantages of the Chevron TMIC? Absolutely not slagging the post/item, just want to know more about it...

Tidgy 08 August 2018 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by bengo (Post 12021556)
Because its a forum and that's what they're for?

I'm intrigued too actually. My Perrin FMIC was £1800 new and rated to 1000 bhp apparently, what are the advantages of the Chevron TMIC? Absolutely not slagging the post/item, just want to know more about it...

Claimed reduce lag, but reality is FMIC doesn't create enough lag to be noticeable if setup correctly.

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12021570)
Claimed reduce lag, but reality is FMIC doesn't create enough lag to be noticeable if setup correctly.

been proven that it takes a measurable amount of time to fill the extra volume of pipe work....

No matter who set it up.

Easy to work out if your not a potato.

Infact i bet it has been done before.

got to be at least 0.1 sec

everytime on and off the loud pedal it soon adds up.

just that the benefits of extra power claw tht time back

Tidgy 08 August 2018 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12021574)
been proven that it takes a measurable amount of time to fill the extra volume of pipe work....

No matter who set it up.

Easy to work out if your not a potato.

Infact i bet it has been done before.

got to be at least 0.1 sec

everytime on and off the loud pedal it soon adds up.

just that the benefits of extra power claw tht time back

who's proven it exactly? true back to backs (not picking up a calculator based on your limited knowledge), same car, same fuel, same mapper, same day, same dyno etc have proven its a false myth. I doubt you'll remember Harvey smith who did alot of testing or jap performance mag had a test done.

I'd guess your referring to Andy F's very basic but flawed calculation. I don't know people who change gear at 3k rpm lol

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12021581)
who's proven it exactly? true back to backs (not picking up a calculator based on your limited knowledge), same car, same fuel, same mapper, same day, same dyno etc have proven its a false myth. I doubt you'll remember Harvey smith who did alot of testing or jap performance mag had a test done.

I'd guess your referring to Andy F's very basic but flawed calculation. I don't know people who change gear at 3k rpm lol

Its really simple math.

How much your turbo can puts out vs the volume of pipes it has to fill.

Your engine cant consume what isnt there.

throttle responce suffers even more which is even more of a concern to me than the small amount of lag (dont confuse the two) you wont see this on a dyno because ur not on and off the throttle.

take it to the extreme to see why it makes a difference

a little td04 would take forever to fill a 6 inch cooler with big boy pipes. (Cleary a ridiculous combo but point is made)

No amount of magical mapping can solve that.

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12021613)
Its really simple math.

throttle responce suffers even more which is even more of a concern to me than the small amount of lag (dont confuse the two) you wont see this on a dyno because ur not on and off the throttle.

a little td04 would take forever to fill a 6 inch cooler with big boy pipes. (Cleary a ridiculous combo but point is made)

Also im a bit cynical anout the Scoobyclinic test on SC dyno

using cooler sold by SC

in a mag SC paid to advertise in.....

It depends what u value most dyno numbers or driveabilty

Tidgy 08 August 2018 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12021613)
Its really simple math.

I'll give you the TD04 will be noticeable however if your running a TD04 then a FMIC is a tad ott. Moving on to the rest of your crap, yes it's crap because you are using a flawed calculation you read on the internet lol

Pipe's are not at zero pressure when you come off boost, fast changes won't even result in them dropping to atmospheric, back to back test, not some made up calculation, have proven it doesn't happen. If you really want to carry on you claim you know better than some of the best brains in the subaru tuning community then you carry on, your only showing your lack of knowledge and stupidity for using google for your arguments.

1509joe 08 August 2018 03:51 PM

How long would it take to fill a bucket through empty pipework at the same flow and pressure. Pros and cons for everything :thumb:

Tidgy 08 August 2018 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12021618)
Also im a bit cynical anout the Scoobyclinic test on SC dyno

using cooler sold by SC

in a mag SC paid to advertise in.....

It depends what u value most dyno numbers or driveabilty

O so now your accusing Jap performance of making up results?

Before you start to slander companies you had better understand exactly what was done, it was a test done for jap performance mag, using clincis dyno, mapped by Pat Herborn, are you cliaming Pat made up the results?

be very very carefull how you reply.

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12021620)
I'll give you the TD04 will be noticeable however if your running a TD04 then a FMIC is a tad ott. Moving on to the rest of your crap, yes it's crap because you are using a flawed calculation you read on the internet lol

Pipe's are not at zero pressure when you come off boost, fast changes won't even result in them dropping to atmospheric, back to back test, not some made up calculation, have proven it doesn't happen. If you really want to carry on you claim you know better than some of the best brains in the subaru tuning community then you carry on, your only showing your lack of knowledge and stupidity for using google for your arguments.

not using google pal using basic physics ask your hero im sure he will agree.

Anyone with a basic grasp of how things work will understand.

Whether u notice it or not is down to the individual.

What is flawed about it ?

turbo has to fill the extra volume of pipes before engine can use it.

the more volume the more noticable the difference.

if it applies to the td04 on a 6inch cooler it applies to an sc42 on an HDi ..... just not as huge.

even if the pipes dont reach zero pressure they pipes still need brough back up to pressure.

and not everyone drives flatout shifting like vin diesel....

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12021622)
O so now your accusing Jap performance of making up results?

Before you start to slander companies you had better understand exactly what was done, it was a test done for jap performance mag, using clincis dyno, mapped by Pat Herborn, are you cliaming Pat made up the results?

be very very carefull how you reply.

Its in their favour to make the product they sell appear as good as they can.

A cooler they sell

In a mag they pay to advertise in

Just sayin.....

Tidgy 08 August 2018 04:39 PM

Guess you know it all then, shall leave you to advise people lol

Tidgy 08 August 2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by ThePredator (Post 12021637)
are You claiming Simon-chevron made up results lol

Has he back to back it and shown the results?

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12021620)

http://www.scoobyclinic.com/download...coolertest.pdf

Would this be that back to back test ??

"You immediately notice how it changes the character of the EJ20 motor, for starters the extra pipework length requires more filling by the turbo before the boost hits the engine so there is slightly more lag"......

So they even say it themselves ?

Also not one for splitting hairs but the FMIC has CAI (obv can't use stock airbox but still a factor) :)

Tidgy 08 August 2018 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12021653)
http://www.scoobyclinic.com/download...coolertest.pdf

Would this be that back to back test ??

"You immediately notice how it changes the character of the EJ20 motor, for starters the extra pipework length requires more filling by the turbo before the boost hits the engine so there is slightly more lag"......

So they even say it themselves ?

Also not one for splitting hairs but the FMIC has CAI (obv can't use stock airbox but still a factor) :)

Do i really have to explain to you why the dyno result will be different to road result? or do you want to go and try and find a google answer? pmsl

SmurfyBhoy 08 August 2018 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 12021661)
Do i really have to explain to you why the dyno result will be different to road result? or do you want to go and try and find a google answer? pmsl

No thanks i can do without more of your misinformation,

All i did was find the article you were banging on about and find a quote that completely contradicts what you say......

"You immediately notice how it changes the character of the EJ20 motor, for starters the extra pipework length requires more filling by the turbo before the boost hits the engine so there is slightly more lag"

I guess they didn't invite the mag back for the on road test....