ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   hawkeye headlight level issues (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/1054352-hawkeye-headlight-level-issues.html)

the shreksta 19 May 2018 06:50 PM

hawkeye headlight level issues

so the situation is this.....

i have a 2007 hawk sti fitted with a full set of coilovers that sits quite low,this was completed @ chevron in feb this year. ive never experienced any issues of other drivers flashing me because I was blinding them and as far as I knew everything was fine.the car was even lower when i bought it on knackered hsd coilovers so it has been raised slightly with the new set-up.

I recently took the car for an mot,the guy called me through and asked how I ever saw the road in the dark as the headlights were pointing really low,i told him I never noticed and never had any visibility issues in the dark and never thought these lights were poor etc.

he manually adjusted them to within the law for the mot and I drove away with a fresh mot BUT ever since then in the dark I am getting flashed all the time by oncoming drivers. i took the car back 3 days ago after starting another thread on here and he re-adjusted them to the lowest they could go within the eyes of the mot law...…………..guess what-im still getting flashed but not by everyone just every now and then.i also followed my mate into work and he said he was being blinded by my lights.

also i have noticed that when switching to full beam i can only see the change in light on the top of trees or other tall things as im driving towards them.

the car has standard bulbs in them and led sidelights.

i have not had the headlight level warning light and as far as im aware the headlight ecu is still connected and working.

how can i cure this issue? i leave for work @ 3am every morning and i pass a lot of cars so i really need to get this sorted.

Don Clark 19 May 2018 09:43 PM

You could try re-initializing the auto level system................

MY06/7 Auto Headlight Beam Leveler System pdf

the shreksta 19 May 2018 10:16 PM

Thanks Don, although step 8 on the re-initialize process would surely leave me with the same problem I have now. Seems pointless to go through steps 1 to 7 so the system reprograms itself and then you start messing with it in step 8

the shreksta 20 May 2018 08:51 AM

reading into this a little further I think I will just unplug the self level ecu from behind the glovebox,i gotta take it out anyway to bung a new cabin filter in. not really fussed if the system works or not.

domino46 20 May 2018 01:21 PM

might be worth speaking to chevron as I think they did a mod for this on bob rawles hawk when he had similar problems with the levelling after lowering it

the shreksta 20 May 2018 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 12010601)
might be worth speaking to chevron as I think they did a mod for this on bob rawles hawk when he had similar problems with the levelling after lowering it

hi I will do, ive disconnected it for now though

thanks

Rick2017 02 June 2018 09:38 PM

If your ever near Manchester during the week let me no and u will check the adjustment

the shreksta 03 June 2018 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rick2017 (Post 12012353)
If your ever near Manchester during the week let me no and u will check the adjustment

ok buddy thanks