Notices

hawkeye headlight level issues

Old 19 May 2018, 06:50 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default hawkeye headlight level issues

so the situation is this.....

i have a 2007 hawk sti fitted with a full set of coilovers that sits quite low,this was completed @ chevron in feb this year. ive never experienced any issues of other drivers flashing me because I was blinding them and as far as I knew everything was fine.the car was even lower when i bought it on knackered hsd coilovers so it has been raised slightly with the new set-up.

I recently took the car for an mot,the guy called me through and asked how I ever saw the road in the dark as the headlights were pointing really low,i told him I never noticed and never had any visibility issues in the dark and never thought these lights were poor etc.

he manually adjusted them to within the law for the mot and I drove away with a fresh mot BUT ever since then in the dark I am getting flashed all the time by oncoming drivers. i took the car back 3 days ago after starting another thread on here and he re-adjusted them to the lowest they could go within the eyes of the mot law...…………..guess what-im still getting flashed but not by everyone just every now and then.i also followed my mate into work and he said he was being blinded by my lights.

also i have noticed that when switching to full beam i can only see the change in light on the top of trees or other tall things as im driving towards them.

the car has standard bulbs in them and led sidelights.

i have not had the headlight level warning light and as far as im aware the headlight ecu is still connected and working.

how can i cure this issue? i leave for work @ 3am every morning and i pass a lot of cars so i really need to get this sorted.
Old 19 May 2018, 09:43 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

You could try re-initializing the auto level system................

MY06/7 Auto Headlight Beam Leveler System pdf
Old 19 May 2018, 10:16 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Thanks Don, although step 8 on the re-initialize process would surely leave me with the same problem I have now. Seems pointless to go through steps 1 to 7 so the system reprograms itself and then you start messing with it in step 8
Old 20 May 2018, 08:51 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

reading into this a little further I think I will just unplug the self level ecu from behind the glovebox,i gotta take it out anyway to bung a new cabin filter in. not really fussed if the system works or not.
Old 20 May 2018, 01:21 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

might be worth speaking to chevron as I think they did a mod for this on bob rawles hawk when he had similar problems with the levelling after lowering it
Old 20 May 2018, 01:29 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
might be worth speaking to chevron as I think they did a mod for this on bob rawles hawk when he had similar problems with the levelling after lowering it
hi I will do, ive disconnected it for now though

thanks
Old 02 June 2018, 09:38 PM
Rick2017
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your ever near Manchester during the week let me no and u will check the adjustment
Old 03 June 2018, 08:06 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rick2017
If your ever near Manchester during the week let me no and u will check the adjustment
ok buddy thanks