ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is there a Noticeable difference with rear brace? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1054073-is-there-a-noticeable-difference-with-rear-brace.html)

ZANY 28 April 2018 11:54 AM

Is there a Noticeable difference with rear brace?

Hi all just pondering with the idea of a rear strut brace for my car, never had one in any of my previous impreza s

Would it make a noticeable difference in handling?

Are they worth putting on?

All opinions negative and positive, suggestions, and links will much appreciated in advance :thumb:

FranK RA 28 April 2018 12:22 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-for-show.html

Little bit info here

ZANY 28 April 2018 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by FranK RA (Post 12007658)

excellent Thankyou :)

answered a lot of questions reading that thread :thumb:

FranK RA 28 April 2018 12:46 PM

:thumb:
Had to read it more than once myself :D

ossett2k2 28 April 2018 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12007661)
excellent Thankyou :)

answered a lot of questions reading that thread :thumb:

Is it worth fitting then? :wonder:

ZANY 28 April 2018 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12007686)
Is it worth fitting then? :wonder:

I think if I’ve read it correctly the answer is yes as i have upgraded most suspension parts and bushes etc so the car will appreciate the brace

so will be on the look out for a Yamaha sti item for the future if I can...

I’ll get praying to the Subaru gods for near Xmas time :lol1:

ossett2k2 28 April 2018 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12007687)
I think if I’ve read it correctly the answer is yes as i have upgraded most suspension parts and bushes etc so the car will appreciate the brace

so will be on the look out for a Yamaha sti item for the future if I can...

I’ll get praying to the Subaru gods for near Xmas time :lol1:

Nice one,I might fit one then :)
If you see one for a classic at your usual bargain prices can you give me a shout :notworthy
No doubt you'll pick one up for 40p :D

jaygsi 28 April 2018 06:39 PM

Not had one on rear. But had one on front of old Vauxhall years ago. Didn't like it, took all flex away so felt weird on the road. Hard to explain.

stonejedi 28 April 2018 06:44 PM

They stiffen up the car eliminating body flex...I have them all round my car front rear inside underneath and in my opinion they all work in conjunction with each other,and other suspension mods made my car more positive and prodictable in corners.SJ.

ossett2k2 28 April 2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 12007717)
They stiffen up the car eliminating body flex...I have them all round my car front rear inside underneath and in my opinion they all work in conjunction with each other,and other suspension mods made my car more positive and prodictable in corners.SJ.

I've got a front fitted,interior one to fit,looking for a rear.
Is the underneath just the H-brace?

stonejedi 28 April 2018 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12007721)
I've got a front fitted,interior one to fit,looking for a rear.
Is the underneath just the H-brace?

I have a H brace but another bar that also connects across the rear section of the car ,but my car is also fully caged now so the chassis is solid and feels that way in corners.When I started modding I wanted to eliminate body roll and flex as a solid car is much more predictable when driving hard into corners.SJ.

ossett2k2 28 April 2018 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 12007734)
I have a H brace but another bar that also connects across the rear section of the car ,but my car is also fully caged now so the chassis is solid and feels that way in corners.When I started modding I wanted to eliminate body roll and flex as a solid car is much more predictable when driving hard into corners.SJ.

:thumb:
Might look for a cage in the future.

JDM_Stig 28 April 2018 08:51 PM

I got a Cusco H brace for my newage, it didnt fit, I was thinking it might fit after I had removed the U frame lol

ZANY 29 April 2018 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12007740)
I got a Cusco H brace for my newage, it didnt fit, I was thinking it might fit after I had removed the U frame lol

I’ve done the lower front with a pink sti item that’s like a simple bar type that went on the u frame and it has definetley made the front end tighter along with other bushes etc upgraded well worth it :)

I was thinking of the h brace myself for the front end last year but would have to sacrifice the undertrays which I won’t :nono:

ZANY 29 April 2018 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 12007734)

We need pics :)

stonejedi 29 April 2018 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12007759)
I’ve done the lower front with a pink sti item that’s like a simple bar type that went on the u frame and it has definetley made the front end tighter along with other bushes etc upgraded well worth it :)

I was thinking of the h brace myself for the front end last year but would have to sacrifice the undertrays which I won’t :nono:

You don't have to sacrifice the cars undertray as i am still using mine with the H brace:).SJ.

stonejedi 29 April 2018 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12007760)
We need pics :)

Will see;).SJ.

JDM_Stig 29 April 2018 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 12007759)

With the U frame removed the standard sti(Chrome) bar goes back on.

jazzyjembreaze 29 April 2018 10:12 AM

I don’t have a brace on my upper rear turrets
But I have a Cusco rear floor brace it’s a very nice piece of kit & looks way better than the spec c floor brace . It will act slightly diff tho as it’s at the very rear .

ZANY 29 April 2018 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 12007761)
You don't have to sacrifice the cars undertray as i am still using mine with the H brace:).SJ.

That’s good to know as all the ones I’ve seen have had no undertrays on I guess they was just to lazy to put them back on the car :(

ZANY 29 April 2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 12007783)
But I have a Cusco rear floor brace it’s a very nice piece of kit & looks way better than the spec c floor brace . It will act slightly diff tho as it’s at the very rear .

Cusco rear floor brace :norty:

any pics of it on will be great :)

ZANY 29 April 2018 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12007763)
With the U frame removed the standard sti(Chrome) bar goes back on.

I ment the pink bar

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...08d3038ff.jpeg

Mattyb has one in stock at £60 plus postage if anyone wants one ;-)

jazzyjembreaze 29 April 2018 01:38 PM

Here you go zany

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...3c6eee9de.jpeg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...9cd665f8e.jpeg

ZANY 29 April 2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 12007805)

Wow that looks mintt :luvlove:

never seen one before ever... thanks for the pic appreciated :thumb:

ZANY 29 April 2018 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 12007783)

Did you purchase it yourself or any ideas were to source one from please as I want one

jazzyjembreaze 29 April 2018 02:08 PM

Yea purchased it in japan m8 very rare item

jazzyjembreaze 29 April 2018 02:18 PM

It not only bolts though the floor but through the rear slam & tubular supports via bumper supports , stiffens the rear end dramatically / the standard black bars you see on spec c ‘s are more of a rear subframe flex bar / once you get lock down bolts fitted they don’t really do anything, where as this is a propper rear brace for chassis flex

jazzyjembreaze 29 April 2018 05:10 PM

I also have a Cusco lower brace wich is exactly as I described the spec c’s boot brace . This however sits on the underside between the roll bar & sub frame , you can just make it out on this pic it’s the bronze round bar just above the silver roll bar . These are ( or were avail in uk , but as I said once subframe lock down bolts are applied it’s not doin much work , still looks good tho ha ha

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...014d6ee5d.jpeg

ZANY 29 April 2018 05:31 PM

Superb :notworthy

Cambs_Stuart 29 April 2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze (Post 12007831)
I also have a Cusco lower brace wich is exactly as I described the spec c’s boot brace . This however sits on the underside between the roll bar & sub frame , you can just make it out on this pic it’s the bronze round bar just above the silver roll bar . These are ( or were avail in uk , but as I said once subframe lock down bolts are applied it’s not doin much work , still looks good tho ha ha

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...014d6ee5d.jpeg

That looks fantastic. Good work.