ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Had a blessed time... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1051747-had-a-blessed-time.html)

JTaylor 21 December 2017 02:31 AM

Had a blessed time...

...at my church this evening as we discussed and prayed about the nature of humility.

Seven years ago, before Jesus saved me, I meditated for long periods about man’s nature and sought to find an act that had been committed that was truly selfless. I knew I was (and that I still am outside of Jesus) incapable of altruism, but thought and felt that this was not true of the whole of humanity. I was wrong about the latter.

We are a fallen and sinful, rebellious and prideful species who worship the created rather than the Creator.

This Christmas remember the one truly selfless Man to have ever walked this planet. A Man who suffered searing pain on the cross in order to redeem our wretched nature. Remember Him as the perfect child sent by the Father to suffer for the sick.

Love one another, enjoy the miracle of life, savour the festivities and please, if only fleetingly, take time to think about the Prince of Peace and how He served His own creation. His gift to you, should you choose to unwrap it, is of joy unspeakable and full of glory. I pray that you, your family and all that hear the Good News will experience the truly miraculous this Christmas. For His name’s sake.

dpb 21 December 2017 08:03 AM

Could help out at local soup kitchen Xmas day ?

Reinhold 21 December 2017 08:36 PM

Perhaps this is why missionaries used to get eaten? :)

matty01 21 December 2017 09:01 PM

nice

the shreksta 21 December 2017 09:43 PM

O..................k................

:freak3: :freak3: :freak3: :freak3:

ray54 21 December 2017 10:09 PM

These people need help!................:cuckoo:

An0n0m0us 21 December 2017 11:12 PM

Brian?

https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/...rian-cross.jpg

Peedee 21 December 2017 11:16 PM

I didn’t know the position for SN resident religious nutjob had become available? JT has some stiff competition fo sho!

johnlogie 21 December 2017 11:32 PM

Personally, I think religion should be kept personal and not displayed or forced upon others.
I have the upmost respect for anyone who “believes” in ANY religion but it’s not for me :)
Keep it to yourself and your believers!

Pross 22 December 2017 01:20 AM

We live in a one street town, and the church is at one end of the street. When the belibers are in they all park in the street on double yellows because that cant be arsed to walk the 400 yrds from the church carpark. Happens every sunday. It blocks all the traffic going through town. They dont care a toss.

1509joe 22 December 2017 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by johnlogie (Post 11985076)
Personally, I think religion should be kept personal and not displayed or forced upon others.
I have the upmost respect for anyone who “believes” in ANY religion but it’s not for me :)
Keep it to yourself and your believers!

You are 100% Sir

1509joe 22 December 2017 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11984928)
...at my church this evening as we discussed and prayed about the nature of humility.

Seven years ago, before Jesus saved me, I meditated for long periods about man’s nature and sought to find an act that had been committed that was truly selfless. I knew I was (and that I still am outside of Jesus) incapable of altruism, but thought and felt that this was not true of the whole of humanity. I was wrong about the latter.

We are a fallen and sinful, rebellious and prideful species who worship the created rather than the Creator.

This Christmas remember the one truly selfless Man to have ever walked this planet. A Man who suffered searing pain on the cross in order to redeem our wretched nature. Remember Him as the perfect child sent by the Father to suffer for the sick.

Love one another, enjoy the miracle of life, savour the festivities and please, if only fleetingly, take time to think about the Prince of Peace and how He served His own creation. His gift to you, should you choose to unwrap it, is of joy unspeakable and full of glory. I pray that you, your family and all that hear the Good News will experience the truly miraculous this Christmas. For His name’s sake.

Oh dear your one of the brainwashed. The police get like this they don't practice what they preach.

joz8968 22 December 2017 10:49 AM

"Blessed are the cheesemakers."