Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Had a blessed time...

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2017, 02:31 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a blessed time...

...at my church this evening as we discussed and prayed about the nature of humility.

Seven years ago, before Jesus saved me, I meditated for long periods about man’s nature and sought to find an act that had been committed that was truly selfless. I knew I was (and that I still am outside of Jesus) incapable of altruism, but thought and felt that this was not true of the whole of humanity. I was wrong about the latter.

We are a fallen and sinful, rebellious and prideful species who worship the created rather than the Creator.

This Christmas remember the one truly selfless Man to have ever walked this planet. A Man who suffered searing pain on the cross in order to redeem our wretched nature. Remember Him as the perfect child sent by the Father to suffer for the sick.

Love one another, enjoy the miracle of life, savour the festivities and please, if only fleetingly, take time to think about the Prince of Peace and how He served His own creation. His gift to you, should you choose to unwrap it, is of joy unspeakable and full of glory. I pray that you, your family and all that hear the Good News will experience the truly miraculous this Christmas. For His name’s sake.
Old 21 December 2017, 08:03 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Could help out at local soup kitchen Xmas day ?
Old 21 December 2017, 08:36 PM
Reinhold
Scooby Regular

Perhaps this is why missionaries used to get eaten?
Old 21 December 2017, 09:01 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice

Last edited by matty01; 22 December 2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: preference
Old 21 December 2017, 09:43 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

O..................k................

Old 21 December 2017, 10:09 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

These people need help!................
Old 21 December 2017, 11:12 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Brian?

Old 21 December 2017, 11:16 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

I didn’t know the position for SN resident religious nutjob had become available? JT has some stiff competition fo sho!
Old 21 December 2017, 11:32 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I think religion should be kept personal and not displayed or forced upon others.
I have the upmost respect for anyone who “believes” in ANY religion but it’s not for me
Keep it to yourself and your believers!
Old 22 December 2017, 01:20 AM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We live in a one street town, and the church is at one end of the street. When the belibers are in they all park in the street on double yellows because that cant be arsed to walk the 400 yrds from the church carpark. Happens every sunday. It blocks all the traffic going through town. They dont care a toss.
Old 22 December 2017, 01:29 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by johnlogie
Personally, I think religion should be kept personal and not displayed or forced upon others.
I have the upmost respect for anyone who “believes” in ANY religion but it’s not for me
Keep it to yourself and your believers!
You are 100% Sir
Old 22 December 2017, 01:34 AM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by JTaylor
...at my church this evening as we discussed and prayed about the nature of humility.

Seven years ago, before Jesus saved me, I meditated for long periods about man’s nature and sought to find an act that had been committed that was truly selfless. I knew I was (and that I still am outside of Jesus) incapable of altruism, but thought and felt that this was not true of the whole of humanity. I was wrong about the latter.

We are a fallen and sinful, rebellious and prideful species who worship the created rather than the Creator.

This Christmas remember the one truly selfless Man to have ever walked this planet. A Man who suffered searing pain on the cross in order to redeem our wretched nature. Remember Him as the perfect child sent by the Father to suffer for the sick.

Love one another, enjoy the miracle of life, savour the festivities and please, if only fleetingly, take time to think about the Prince of Peace and how He served His own creation. His gift to you, should you choose to unwrap it, is of joy unspeakable and full of glory. I pray that you, your family and all that hear the Good News will experience the truly miraculous this Christmas. For His name’s sake.
Oh dear your one of the brainwashed. The police get like this they don't practice what they preach.
Old 22 December 2017, 10:49 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"Blessed are the cheesemakers."