ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The engineering behind the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Goodwood hill climber (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1048494-the-engineering-behind-the-subaru-wrx-sti-type-ra-nbr-goodwood-hill-climber.html)

Rusti 06 July 2017 09:28 AM

The engineering behind the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR Goodwood hill climber

Intresting video, where Prodrive discuss the technical aspects of the Subaru WRX STI Type RA NBR :thumb:

DT-SPD 06 July 2017 06:43 PM

What a great video :top:

johnlogie 06 July 2017 08:13 PM

Very interesting video

Uncle Creepy 06 July 2017 08:20 PM

Yes, very interesting. Thanks for posting! :thumb:

Peedee 06 July 2017 08:34 PM

Strange, no mention on using the WRX 5 speed for better acceleration and WRX droplinks for weight-saving? Does this guy know what he's going on about? :cuckoo:

In all seriousness though, great vid!

lewis87 06 July 2017 08:51 PM

Interesting video about a brilliant car.

Uncle Creepy 06 July 2017 09:22 PM

It would be interesting to know if this interesting thread holds the interesting record of 'number of times the word interesting has been used in a thread per number of posts in the thread'. :)

Steve001 06 July 2017 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11951818)
It would be interesting to know if this interesting thread holds the interesting record of 'number of times the word interesting has been used in a thread per number of posts in the thread'. :)

Interesting observation :)

Turbovin 07 July 2017 01:03 AM

Intressant, as we would say in Sweden. A very special car, hope it does well on the Nürburgring.

Falsey 07 July 2017 08:26 AM

Beast of a car. Isnt this the one that did IOM too?

Rusti 07 July 2017 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11951779)
Yes, very interesting. Thanks for posting! :thumb:

No problem buddy, I thought it was great to see Prodrive being very honest about the car and going into detail that other companies wouldnt.

Seeing it in the flesh was awesome. It is a beast of a car :thumb:

Rusti 07 July 2017 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Falsey (Post 11951917)
Beast of a car. Isnt this the one that did IOM too?

Yes I believe so, albeit significant changes have been made since then.

Markyscoob 07 July 2017 12:40 PM

The differences between that car in the first two years and the final one were very noticable. It was quick to start with but unreal the last time. I watched at Kirk Michael and the car came at us like a whirlwind. Phenomenal is all I can say. That is one fast motor!

BrownPantsRacing 07 July 2017 04:08 PM

Thanks for sharing that video, was a great watch.

The pressure sensor for head lifting is a great simple idea! For any turbo car this would be a great feedback to the ECU to indicate a problem. Certainly on 2.5 Subaru's! :)

SirFozzalot 07 July 2017 04:48 PM

Cool :thumb:

Such a shame Subaru and Prodrive aren't still involved in the WRC together.

AS Performance 08 July 2017 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Markyscoob (Post 11951983)
The differences between that car in the first two years and the final one were very noticable. It was quick to start with but unreal the last time. I watched at Kirk Michael and the car came at us like a whirlwind. Phenomenal is all I can say. That is one fast motor!

this car has only ever appeared on the IOM 1year to my knowledge (2016)

previous cars used were more road car based whereas this was built using the last WRC Hatchback as a donor car for various components