ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ***The Lodge 2017*** (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/1043823-the-lodge-2017-a.html)

Frizzle-Dee 01 December 2016 07:58 AM

***The Lodge 2017***

1 Attachment(s)
Many moons ago, the ESC would frequent The Lodge Country Inn just off the A132, on the outskirts of Rettendon. As time went by, this evolved into the PistonHeads meet which now resides at the venue on the 3rd Thursday of the month.

In a bid to introduce some variety into our 2017 schedule, I have recently been in direct talks with the Inn's management and have procured a revised date solely for the ESOC.
This is to coincide with our already well-established Rodney Meet and is in no way to be considered as a replacement. :nono:

As the Rodney meets will be taking place every other month, commencing March through to September 2017, The Lodge will fill in the gap, running on the alternative months.

A new 2017 'Pub Meet' timetable will be going up soon with specific dates for these gatherings and as with all other meets previous, a thread will go up 1 month before each one as a reminder.

The Lodge meets will take place on the last Wednesday evening of the month for 3 months to begin with.
These will be April, June and August. (Again, a separate thread will go up with clear dates)
Depending on how successful this is will determine whether we make this a more regular thing come 2018, or if we drop it altogether.

Ultimately, 2017 will see an ESOC meet take place ONCE a month between the months of March-September. (inclusive)
It means that those who aren't always able to make it on a Saturday will not have to wait up to 4 months for another meet.

I hasten to add, The Rodney will always be 'home' and I speak for everyone when I say how continually grateful we are to Paul's family for their warm hospitality and for permitting us to 'gatecrash' their lovely country pub on a regular basis.
Here's to many more gatherings there for as long as they'll have us! :beer:

My proposal of introducing The Lodge to the ESOC timetable is not intended to 'tread on toes', it is merely a bid to offer a little extra for the New Year.

About The Lodge:

The Lodge Country Inn is a family run bar, restaurant and hotel situated on the A132 between Wickford and South Woodham Ferrers in Essex. Set in 10 acres of quiet Essex countryside, it has a spacious area where families with children can relax and a beautiful function marquee which can host weddings ceremonies and party's.

With a large overflow car park detached from the main building, it has proved popular with car clubs over the years and lends itself to plenty of photo op's.

Find them on Facebook*:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1093388197349476/?fref=nf

*please note, their official business website is waiting to be updated and is not accurate. Please use the Facebook page for up to date info.

As ever, for ESOC specific news, always check in on this forum to find out the latest.

Attachment 28517

Timetable to follow soon. Please bear with me.

*TLDR: We have 2 pub venues now, keep your eyes peeled for specific threads as and when they go up.

scout1982 01 December 2016 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11899753)
Like :thumb:

+1 :D

Matty81 02 December 2016 11:28 AM

its a good little venue. Used to go there a fair bit when I lived in swf. Big old car park for all your motors. Tends to get busy though.

SirFozzalot 03 December 2016 03:47 PM

Nice one. I'll try to attend as many as I can. :thumb:

It's a good venue with a large car park and they serve good food too. :thumb:

stealthbomber 03 December 2016 03:53 PM

Nice. I only work 5 mins up the road so would be a good excuse to bring the wagon to work and pop along. Great idea :thumb:

Rab555 04 December 2016 03:14 PM

Sounds like a great idea. Having an evening event might persuade more people out rather than giving up anSagurday afternoon. Great work :thumb:

Frizzle-Dee 05 December 2016 07:42 AM

Glad you all approve. :thumb:

I figured sitting on my a*se wasn't quite cutting it and that I should probably try doing something a little more proactive for a change. :lol1:

Baby steps.

If this proves popular then maybe we can look into other more elaborate ventures in the future. *fingers crossed*

Looie 05 December 2016 01:21 PM

Nice One....... Happy memories from this venue......... :thumb:

Nice set of gold wheels there....... :D

Frizzle-Dee 05 December 2016 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Looie (Post 11900731)
Nice One....... Happy memories from this venue......... :thumb:

Nice set of gold wheels there....... :D

Cheers Looie :D
You should swing by in the new year, we branch out much further than the realm of Subaru these days.

Really pleased with the wheels, I had them sprayed at Paint It UK in the end. They did a great job :)

Spec'c'57 06 January 2017 02:47 PM

:Suspiciou

Hotpants 26 February 2017 08:24 PM

I'm in, nice to see this meet up and running again. Well worth supporting this one. Well done in resurrecting it:thumb

Frizzle-Dee 27 February 2017 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Hotpants (Post 11922298)
I'm in, nice to see this meet up and running again. Well worth supporting this one. Well done in resurrecting it:thumb

Thank you very much :)

The Lodge’s management were equally excited and enthusiastic about its resurrection. Hopefully we can do it justice.

The first Lodge meet will be in April, look out for the thread going up at the end of March and hopefully we will see you there. :thumb:

scout1982 28 February 2017 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee (Post 11922358)
Thank you very much :)

The Lodge’s management were equally excited and enthusiastic about its resurrection. Hopefully we can do it justice.

The first Lodge meet will be in April, look out for the thread going up at the end of March and hopefully we will see you there. :thumb:

will be there :thumb:

madwrx 01 March 2017 07:43 PM

i reckon including letting the car warm up for 5minutes i could be there in 8 minutes:lol1:

kin quick 03 March 2017 01:52 AM

Deja vu!

I'll try and make a couple of these :thumb:

SirFozzalot 04 March 2017 03:43 PM

Looking forward to this. :thumb: