Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

***The Lodge 2017***

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2016, 07:58 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***The Lodge 2017***

Many moons ago, the ESC would frequent The Lodge Country Inn just off the A132, on the outskirts of Rettendon. As time went by, this evolved into the PistonHeads meet which now resides at the venue on the 3rd Thursday of the month.

In a bid to introduce some variety into our 2017 schedule, I have recently been in direct talks with the Inn's management and have procured a revised date solely for the ESOC.
This is to coincide with our already well-established Rodney Meet and is in no way to be considered as a replacement.

As the Rodney meets will be taking place every other month, commencing March through to September 2017, The Lodge will fill in the gap, running on the alternative months.

A new 2017 'Pub Meet' timetable will be going up soon with specific dates for these gatherings and as with all other meets previous, a thread will go up 1 month before each one as a reminder.

The Lodge meets will take place on the last Wednesday evening of the month for 3 months to begin with.
These will be April, June and August. (Again, a separate thread will go up with clear dates)
Depending on how successful this is will determine whether we make this a more regular thing come 2018, or if we drop it altogether.

Ultimately, 2017 will see an ESOC meet take place ONCE a month between the months of March-September. (inclusive)
It means that those who aren't always able to make it on a Saturday will not have to wait up to 4 months for another meet.

I hasten to add, The Rodney will always be 'home' and I speak for everyone when I say how continually grateful we are to Paul's family for their warm hospitality and for permitting us to 'gatecrash' their lovely country pub on a regular basis.
Here's to many more gatherings there for as long as they'll have us!

My proposal of introducing The Lodge to the ESOC timetable is not intended to 'tread on toes', it is merely a bid to offer a little extra for the New Year.

About The Lodge:

The Lodge Country Inn is a family run bar, restaurant and hotel situated on the A132 between Wickford and South Woodham Ferrers in Essex. Set in 10 acres of quiet Essex countryside, it has a spacious area where families with children can relax and a beautiful function marquee which can host weddings ceremonies and party's.

With a large overflow car park detached from the main building, it has proved popular with car clubs over the years and lends itself to plenty of photo op's.

Find them on Facebook*:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1093388197349476/?fref=nf

*please note, their official business website is waiting to be updated and is not accurate. Please use the Facebook page for up to date info.

As ever, for ESOC specific news, always check in on this forum to find out the latest.

Name:  Unicorn_at_the_lodge_cropped_zpsmo0sczas.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  359.5 KB

Timetable to follow soon. Please bear with me.

*TLDR: We have 2 pub venues now, keep your eyes peeled for specific threads as and when they go up.
Old 01 December 2016, 01:43 PM
scout1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53

+1
Old 02 December 2016, 11:28 AM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

its a good little venue. Used to go there a fair bit when I lived in swf. Big old car park for all your motors. Tends to get busy though.
Old 03 December 2016, 03:47 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice one. I'll try to attend as many as I can.

It's a good venue with a large car park and they serve good food too.
Old 03 December 2016, 03:53 PM
stealthbomber
Scooby Regular

Nice. I only work 5 mins up the road so would be a good excuse to bring the wagon to work and pop along. Great idea
Old 04 December 2016, 03:14 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a great idea. Having an evening event might persuade more people out rather than giving up anSagurday afternoon. Great work
Old 05 December 2016, 07:42 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Glad you all approve.

I figured sitting on my a*se wasn't quite cutting it and that I should probably try doing something a little more proactive for a change.

Baby steps.

If this proves popular then maybe we can look into other more elaborate ventures in the future. *fingers crossed*
Old 05 December 2016, 01:21 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

Nice One....... Happy memories from this venue.........

Nice set of gold wheels there.......
Old 05 December 2016, 02:01 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Looie
Nice One....... Happy memories from this venue.........

Nice set of gold wheels there.......
Cheers Looie
You should swing by in the new year, we branch out much further than the realm of Subaru these days.

Really pleased with the wheels, I had them sprayed at Paint It UK in the end. They did a great job
Old 06 January 2017, 02:47 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Old 26 February 2017, 08:24 PM
Hotpants
Scooby Regular

I'm in, nice to see this meet up and running again. Well worth supporting this one. Well done in resurrecting it:thumb
Old 27 February 2017, 08:01 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hotpants
I'm in, nice to see this meet up and running again. Well worth supporting this one. Well done in resurrecting it:thumb
Thank you very much

The Lodge’s management were equally excited and enthusiastic about its resurrection. Hopefully we can do it justice.

The first Lodge meet will be in April, look out for the thread going up at the end of March and hopefully we will see you there.
Old 28 February 2017, 01:34 PM
scout1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee
Thank you very much

The Lodge’s management were equally excited and enthusiastic about its resurrection. Hopefully we can do it justice.

The first Lodge meet will be in April, look out for the thread going up at the end of March and hopefully we will see you there.

will be there
Old 01 March 2017, 07:43 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i reckon including letting the car warm up for 5minutes i could be there in 8 minutes
Old 03 March 2017, 01:52 AM
kin quick
Scooby Regular

Deja vu!

I'll try and make a couple of these
Old 04 March 2017, 03:43 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to this.