ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone watch The Grand Tour? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1043617-anyone-watch-the-grand-tour.html)

Norman Dog 21 November 2016 11:51 AM

Anyone watch The Grand Tour?

:thumb:

If you liked old Top Gear you'll like this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-demand...ows-hes-worth/

nardoblue 21 November 2016 08:16 PM

It was same old top gear, the middle piece in the tent was usual crap and should be cut out. 6 out of 10

Steve T 21 November 2016 08:21 PM

I enjoyed it. Will watch the next one. :thumb:. Steve.

The Trooper 1815 21 November 2016 08:22 PM

£4.5 million an episode. Why?

An0n0m0us 21 November 2016 09:50 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...43531-tgt.html

I haven't watched it yet, going to get a Prime trial to watch it and see what it's like.

The Joshua Tree 22 November 2016 11:47 AM

Watched it last night, it's ok, can't quite put my finger on it but it didn't feel as good as the original top gear, maybe it will get better over time. The name they chose "The Grand Tour", surely they could have done better than that.

dpb 22 November 2016 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11897035)

I haven't watched it yet, going to get a Prime trial to watch it and see what it's like.

Beware, if you've inadvertently tried prime before ( very easy to do) , they'll whip 79 off your card before you know what's hit you
No wonder the CEO is one richest leeches in the world

dpb 22 November 2016 11:54 AM

More devious than Tim Cook even

neil-h 22 November 2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree (Post 11897148)
Watched it last night, it's ok, can't quite put my finger on it but it didn't feel as good as the original top gear, maybe it will get better over time. The name they chose "The Grand Tour", surely they could have done better than that.

I think it's the fact they're trying to avoid using a lot of the old TG script (i.e. stuff like "and now for the news" or "and on that bombshell"), so everything seems to take a bit more thought.

Norman Dog 22 November 2016 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11897035)

http://putlocker-hd.tv/watch-grand-t...ree-putlocker/

An0n0m0us 23 November 2016 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 11897224)

Cheers.

matty01 04 January 2017 08:29 PM

so many fake bits that even when something

JDM_Stig 04 January 2017 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by matty01 (Post 11907732)
so many fake bits that even when something

???

matty01 04 January 2017 08:33 PM

(oops.... )so many fake bits that even when something good happens you have to think ,eh up ... maybe this is fake too.....of course some of it will be but its too much now, maybe it's ALLL bloody fake as frik :( no way to tell with so much fakery intertwined throughout the show ffs, at least with 5th gear you knew it was ALL REAL .

matty01 04 January 2017 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11907733)
???

just keeping you in suspense , allbeit unwittingly, damn wayward finger prodders

GlesgaKiss 04 January 2017 10:04 PM

I'm a fan of the three for their entertainment value. I've always liked clarkson... but I'm struggling with The Grand Tour. Thought the first few were quite good, but it seems to have gone downhill from there. The latest Namibia two parter just seemed to be complete drivel, aimlessly driving about in beach buggies for the best part of two hours. 😐

njkmrs 04 January 2017 10:06 PM

Seen first 4 or so. Some good bits ,some not so good bits.
Worth watching for the good bits though.

dpb 04 January 2017 10:07 PM

id struggle thorough if I was paid 20 mill

lozgti1 04 January 2017 10:20 PM

Enjoyed it in the main

gary77 04 January 2017 10:22 PM

If you can cast from your phone or tablet then you can get it all free on yesmovies.to. as well as a lot of other boxsets and films. I have to use chrome cast plugged into my tv but newer tv should be able to cast directly

sti-chris 04 January 2017 10:26 PM

I have been watching it and its alright, As a show its still finding its feet but over all fine.

Dblock 05 January 2017 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by matty01 (Post 11907735)
(oops.... )so many fake bits that even when something good happens you have to think ,eh up ... maybe this is fake too.....of course some of it will be but its too much now, maybe it's ALLL bloody fake as frik :( no way to tell with so much fakery intertwined throughout the show ffs, at least with 5th gear you knew it was ALL REAL .

Yes a mate of mine was telling me they did an episode in Jordan and hammond is like look at me dressed in winter gear. But they have driven through Jordan before on Top Gear.

I found top gear just annoyed me. Well shot yes but it's a program about 3 old men just pretending to be idiots. I get it non car people love it. But that's why I prefer Roadkill tbh and I'm not even into yank tanks.

Ste333 05 January 2017 10:18 AM

Watched the first few. Found the times when they actually drive cars quite good. But there's also a lot of the staged bullsh*t comedy nothing to do with cars moments that do my head in. Got no interest in the celeb parts either.

If you just skip through to the good parts, then yes worth a watch. Otherwise youtube can offer up countless more car review type shows which actually have cool cars, good driving, and no fakeness. I certainly wouldn't buy into amazon prime just for the grand tour access

GlesgaKiss 05 January 2017 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dblock (Post 11907790)
Yes a mate of mine was telling me they did an episode in Jordan and hammond is like look at me dressed in winter gear. But they have driven through Jordan before on Top Gear.

I found top gear just annoyed me. Well shot yes but it's a program about 3 old men just pretending to be idiots. I get it non car people love it. But that's why I prefer Roadkill tbh and I'm not even into yank tanks.

The first 2 or 3 years they did road trips/challenges on top gear I thought it was really good to watch. The 3 of them had never done anything like that before on tv (it hadn't really been done before tbh) and they all bounced off each other and genuinely had a laugh I think. If it was scripted it seemed as much of a shock to them at the time as it was to us watching. There wasn't much acting.

It seems like pretty much all acting now and a bit forced at times with them dragging it out for so long. I think that's all that's wrong with it. They could do with finding something original to do again. Like reviewing cars properly. 😄

bioforger 05 January 2017 03:25 PM

It is shit.

dpb 05 January 2017 10:41 PM

Maybe the Chinese market will take note of the Rhino message

Can only hope

JDM_Stig 05 January 2017 10:53 PM

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

and yet many still do . . .

elgassi 05 January 2017 11:32 PM

3 very lucky pompous pricks IMHO
It's all look at me, me, me

ditchmyster 06 January 2017 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11908111)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

and yet many still do . . .

Indeed.

It never ceases to amaze me how people slate it, yet still turn on and watch it. :lol1:

JDM_Stig 06 January 2017 10:58 AM

It will be the exact same people who used to moan about Top Gear week after week, too stupid to use the remote control, yet daft enough to keep typing and telling the world that yet again they watched and hated it,
Anyone expecting them to change a winning formula to satisfy them is just a idiot,
Over 150 countries keep watching, must be frustrating when 3 millionaires keep ignoring their keyboard warrior skills.