ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dozza (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1043180-dozza.html)

bustaMOVEs 11 December 2016 04:07 PM

I don't understand scamming folk for a few hundred quid is really worth your reputation, but obviously it is for some.
you just throw away your chances from ever selling again.

And I agree with the low end of the Subaru market which brings in the wrong crowd, the sooner they die out the better.
But dozzas car wasn't really the lower end of the market so just proves nobody can be trusted.
Such a shame.

I try not to buy anything unless i know the seller or product is as new as they all lie on condition, better to buy new.

JGlanzaV 11 December 2016 04:21 PM

Its a shame, ive met Dozza a few times.

hes a really nice bloke and I thought as genuine as they come... Had alot of hassle a couple of months back with the missus been in hospital etc, met up with him and totally forgot to bring the parts we were swapping.

currently have his S201 carbon scoop and a greddy gauge etc here that I havent upheld my end of the bargain for. Tried contacting him to drop the bits I owe him up but no response.

All seems a bit odd to me. I assume people have tried contacting his shop?

neil97rs 11 December 2016 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11902738)

hes a really nice bloke and I thought as genuine as they come... Had alot of hassle a couple of months back with the missus been in hospital etc, met up with him and totally forgot to bring the parts we were swapping.

currently have his S201 carbon scoop and a greddy gauge etc here that I havent upheld my end of the bargain for. Tried contacting him to drop the bits I owe him up but no response.

His shop is closed now for the winter

Ash Webster 12 December 2016 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11902738)

can we have his parts in exchange :lol1:

DoZZa 16 December 2016 09:10 PM

So sorry to have caused such a ripple on the ScoobyNet scene!

Heres an explanation as to what has caused such a long time for being AWOL.

When I initially put a load of items up for sale on here, I was about to go on holiday at the end of the month (October). I run seasonal catering businesses and we close end of October. Work hard and needed a break!

You will all note that some members purchased items from me and received them a few days after purchase.

An opportunity came along to visit another country two weeks before going away on the planned holiday. With that in mind I asked one of my staff members at the time to get the remaining sold items packaged up and sent out to the buyers while I was away. Sadly this did not happen while I was away as my manager had to let him go!!

Not only this, but I had to cut my second holiday short as my father was taken ill while on a cruise. He's 89 years of age and there was real concern for his welfare and I had to meet with my mother up in Norfolk when they landed, I live in Devon, I was back home in Devon for about 8 hours before driving up to Norfolk. I stayed with my family up in Norfolk until my father was out of the woods. Which gladly he is now!

At the time, the last thing on my mind was the fact that the items hadn't sent out. My mind was very much elsewhere.

Once again, I sincerely apologise to the members who sent me money and did not get what they paid for! I of course can get them sent out first thing on Monday, or arrange for full refunds to be made. And if you are ever in the Woolacombe area, you will find that you would not have to part with any money for some of North Devons finest fish and chips!

I want to put this right for everyone concerned!

peter zippy reid 16 December 2016 09:22 PM

Cant ask for fairer than that most would have just hiding or pmd the members involved

bustaMOVEs 16 December 2016 09:44 PM

Well that's good to see a response, was sad thinking that a long term member would do something like this.
Glad your farther is ok.
Hope all ends well.

DoZZa 16 December 2016 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11903920)
Shame we only have Internet in the UK.

I go on holiday abroad maybe once every two years if I am lucky. And you know what, I NEVER take my phone with me, or check emails, Facebook, WhatsApp or anything else that requires an internet connection while on holiday. I am glued to my phone every day while at work. I don't need to do the same while on holiday.

It always amazes me that people go away with their families on holiday, all they seem to do is have their hands glued to their phones and not actually communicating with each other face to face. It's beyond me really.

I'm not one of those people that chooses to broadcast my life on Facebook or any other social media to make myself look more interesting!

So when I go on holiday, I leave contact details with family and ask them to only contact me in cases of emergency. Such as when a family member is taken ill!!!!!!!!

Your smart ass comments are not helpful to anyone.

I will put this right for everyone involved as I stated above. What more do you want? Blood!!

Ash Webster 16 December 2016 10:50 PM

No worries dozza hope everything is fine. I'll inbox you

scoobypaul_temp 17 December 2016 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11903920)
Shame we only have Internet in the UK.

Shame you have no sympathy for somebody with a sick 89 year old parent:luxhello:

Guy has apologised and explained his side, more than a lot would do.

Utter d!ck

jayallen 17 December 2016 07:09 AM

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye..

ossett2k2 17 December 2016 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11903954)

All sounds a bit fishy to me,maybe he was gonna get battered :lol1:

ditchmyster 17 December 2016 07:33 AM

The lad has had problems the details of which are no ones business, he's come back explained himself and said he's sorry, he's even going to bung in some fish and chips.

Can't say fairer than that.:thumb:

There are more important things in this world than car parts.;)

The End!

Pleased your old man pulled through. :thumb:

DoZZa 17 December 2016 08:27 AM

Listen to all of the Sherlocks!!!!!

DoZZa 17 December 2016 08:28 AM

There is always more than meets the eye, this is da internets!!

JDM_Stig 17 December 2016 08:48 AM

If you run the seasonal catering business, how can "your" manager let a member of "your" staff go to cause all the problems?

DoZZa 17 December 2016 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11903971)
If you run the seasonal catering business, how can "your" manager let a member of "your" staff go to cause all the problems?

I own the businesses, and my manager manages them for me, including the staff! Is that so hard to understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont see why everyone is sticking their nose in, I had family issues to resolve, they are now resolved, and I am now here to put this right.

I wont be answering anymore stupid questions!

Wull 17 December 2016 09:31 AM

Instead of talking **** and being cloak & dagger about it why don't you spill the beans?

He's came on here and apologised, and has a very credible reason which is a shame, hope the family is well! So there's no need for the silly childish comments.

ossett2k2 17 December 2016 10:11 AM

Beans must be a southern thing,,come on Jay spill the mushy peas!
We can't start the scoobynet kangaroo court without all the facts and lies :D

Uncle Creepy 17 December 2016 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11903958)
All sounds a bit fishy to me,maybe he was gonna get battered :lol1:

Maybe.

Or maybe he got threatened by the new cod on the block, because he haddocked the buyers' messages for too long. Maybe Scoobynet isn't the plaice to have this debate - just end up looking like a bit of a sausage. Some fork on here seem to have a serious chip on their shoulder - some really salty attitudes! They need to watch their peas and Qs. Oh well, I'm glad it's all gravy now, and hope the bickering doesn't curry on.

DoZZa 17 December 2016 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11903993)
Maybe.

Or maybe he got threatened by the new cod on the block, because he haddocked the buyers' messages for too long. Maybe Scoobynet isn't the plaice to have this debate - just end up looking like a bit of a sausage. Some fork on here seem to have a serious chip on their shoulder - some really salty attitudes! They need to watch their peas and Qs. Oh well, I'm glad it's all gravy now, and hope the bickering doesn't curry on.

Very good, only you missed out a reference to pickled items! Onions, eggs etc!

ossett2k2 17 December 2016 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11903993)
Maybe.

:top:
:lol1:

ossett2k2 17 December 2016 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11903995)
Very good, only you missed out a reference to pickled items! Onions, eggs etc!

Eggcactly! If you start to peel back the layers you will find he really knows his onions :)

Wull 17 December 2016 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11903991)
Beans must be a southern thing,,come on Jay spill the mushy peas!
We can't start the scoobynet kangaroo court without all the facts and lies :D

:lol1: and I'm as far north as you can get, we'll not quite but I do live in Gods country :wonder:

JGlanzaV 17 December 2016 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11903999)
:lol1: and I'm as far north as you can get, we'll not quite but I do live in Gods country :wonder:

Cornwall is in the south...?

RAGGY DOO 17 December 2016 02:04 PM

These lads get refunded yet?

johno01 17 December 2016 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11904056)

Yes, fish and chips free of charge.

neil97rs 17 December 2016 03:09 PM

I don't need a refund I'm happy if the part I brought turns up.

DoZZa 17 December 2016 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11904056)

No, as they have both opted to have the parts they purchased sent out to them. Which I will duly do first thing Monday morning as promised.

Do you have any other questions for me?

JGlanzaV 17 December 2016 03:24 PM

Good to see you back Dorian. Im glad everything got sorted

If Id have realised there was free fosh and chips Id have been over like a shot!