ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Dozza (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1043180-dozza.html)

Paulo P 06 December 2016 12:19 AM

This is so disappointing :( Dorian has been on the Subaru scene for many years and I'm surprised that it's come to this over a relatively small amount of money.

I hope that he sorts it out, I've given him another heads up and he's not replied to me yet, hopefully there is a good reason for it and nobody loses out :(

JGlanzaV 06 December 2016 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by neil97rs (Post 11900812)
Same for me ive messaged him via facebook but had not a reply.
Ive also called the business that he owns but its closed down now over the winter period

If the worst comes to the worst i will drive the 5 hours down there to him or get the local boys in blue to pay him a visit .

How much money has he had from us
mine was £215

Its shame really ive been buying from forums for over 10 years and this is the first issue ive ever had.
Sign of the times im afraid

Boys in blue? Like they will do anything. Its a civil matter according to them and not interested....

neil97rs 06 December 2016 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11900893)
Boys in blue? Like they will do anything. Its a civil matter according to them and not interested....

it is technically a criminal offence and at the least the would make a visit.

Especially when the person contacting them is also one of them :p

ossett2k2 06 December 2016 08:13 AM

You don't need to be logged on to read the forum,I'm pretty sure Dozzer is reading this.
Give your head a wobble lad,sort your morals out and give these lads an answer ffs!
Not just immoral but criminal.

Wull 06 December 2016 08:22 AM

I read through his type r thread where he got stitched up and I'm very surprised that he's done what he's done.

My initial thought after reading that thread was maybe something has happened and maybe there's a genuine reason for it all but it's looking unlikely. it just goes to show you really can't trust anyone these days.

JGlanzaV 06 December 2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by neil97rs (Post 11900899)
it is technically a criminal offence and at the least the would make a visit.

Especially when the person contacting them is also one of them :p

Ah so abusing a position of power......

So when it happens to a normal person you arent interested. But to one of their own its a different story?

@alcazar will have a field day with this....

neil97rs 06 December 2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11900917)
Ah so abusing a position of power......

So when it happens to a normal person you arent interested. But to one of their own its a different story?

@alcazar will have a field day with this....

No abuse of power at all its just a matter of reporting a criminal offence to them.
Im not saying they would do a huge amount of investigation but they would be duty bound to make a few enquiries

The Rig 06 December 2016 06:50 PM

This the fella ?

https://www.facebook.com/dorian.chri...84396064916630

see him selling stuff on the facebook forums

Paulo P 06 December 2016 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 11901155)
This the fella ?

https://www.facebook.com/dorian.chri...84396064916630

see him selling stuff on the facebook forums

That's the guy, I've learned some more stuff about him this evening that I hope to be able to share soon.

bustaMOVEs 06 December 2016 08:12 PM

His name don't ring a bell on fb to me so not a common seller on there imo.

neil97rs 06 December 2016 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 11901176)
That's the guy, I've learned some more stuff about him this evening that I hope to be able to share soon.

oh i cannot wait . Hopefully that he has got our stuff and hasnt been able to send but is on it now

Paulo P 06 December 2016 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by neil97rs (Post 11901197)
oh i cannot wait . Hopefully that he has got our stuff and hasnt been able to send but is on it now

no, not that. I've got the information now and send you a pm shortly.

Ash Webster 06 December 2016 08:57 PM

Me too please

Paulo P 06 December 2016 09:14 PM

You've both got messages. Please DO NOT make that information public!

neil97rs 09 December 2016 01:27 PM

Has anyone else had better luck than me trying to get hold of this guy?

Ash Webster 09 December 2016 02:23 PM

nothing either mate. it kinda puts me off buying from here now cos even tho it was a small purchase (not for you id be fuming if it was £200+) the guy was a long time member and yeh you dont expect that...

bustaMOVEs 09 December 2016 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by neil97rs (Post 11902265)
Has anyone else had better luck than me trying to get hold of this guy?

Time for your police powers hey?

The Rig 10 December 2016 11:09 PM

Well if he has stitched you guys up we can be glad he got stitched up on that Type R

What a prick

Dave Y 11 December 2016 07:55 AM

This all seems a bit strange i bought an exhaust off him not very long ago.The deal went through without a hitch.

ossett2k2 11 December 2016 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 11902650)
This all seems a bit strange i bought an exhaust off him not very long ago.The deal went through without a hitch.

I would guess you didn't send payment as gift/friend so was covered from being scammed?

Cannon Fodder 11 December 2016 11:46 AM

I'm sorry to read about people having their pants pulled down but it's always happened with Subaru owner groups for some strange reason.

Having recently come back to the marque after owning a Focus RS I can say that this type of thing never went on in the RS owner's forum I was in, I think it's a case of same old, same old and it's no wonder this forum is called Scabbynet.

jayallen 11 December 2016 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 11902686)
I'm sorry to read about people having their pants pulled down but it's always happened with Subaru owner groups for some strange reason.

Having recently come back to the marque after owning a Focus RS I can say that this type of thing never went on in the RS owner's forum I was in, I think it's a case of same old, same old and it's no wonder this forum is called Scabbynet.

It's obvious why it happens in the Subaru groups, only a small percentage are actually enthusiasts. The rest are just "scene" cnuts passing through and it's not hard to spot them, their cars give them away.

peter zippy reid 11 December 2016 12:21 PM

People never learn pay the seller the extra what 4% most then buy with protection from paypal

ossett2k2 11 December 2016 12:30 PM

I'm guilty of paying for parts from 'trusted' members on here,paying as friend and have never had a problem.
This is a lesson to everyone tho and after reading this,members being scammed by a so called 'trusted member' then I will always now pay the 4% extra for protection :thumb:

Cannon Fodder 11 December 2016 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11902690)
It's obvious why it happens in the Subaru groups, only a small percentage are actually enthusiasts. The rest are just "scene" cnuts passing through and it's not hard to spot them, their cars give them away.

Wise words my little friend, plus given the relative low prices of most of the cars they tend to attract the lower end of the car food chain.

The real enthusiasts will always be here but there are a lot of tw@ts who are pulling down the marque image, unfortunately the scammers seem to prey upon people's trusting nature of fellow 'enthusiasts'.

ossett2k2 11 December 2016 01:02 PM

I believe you can be scammed the other way as a seller,I think it's only if paid through PayPal using a credit card? Something called charge back I think.
So if any of you guys who bought from this scam artist then have a look into this,may still be a way of getting your hard earned back?

RAGGY DOO 11 December 2016 01:11 PM

It's a crying shame this has happened on scoobynet

peter zippy reid 11 December 2016 01:13 PM

Think charge back has to be on a purchase more than £99

Paben 11 December 2016 02:03 PM

It was only a few months back that this guy posted his full address on SNet and invited me over for an exchange of pleasantries after I had apparently impugned his honour. Perhaps someone else took him up on his offer.

Dave Y 11 December 2016 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11902681)
I would guess you didn't send payment as gift/friend so was covered from being scammed?

I paid by bank transfer,item was received within three days.