ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Man United Thread 2016-2017 (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1039880-man-united-thread-2016-2017-a.html)

elgassi 09 July 2017 04:04 PM

Rooney love him or hate him, I think he was brilliant for us over the years, great buy and a fantastic servant to the Club (well paid !)
Think moving to Everton is a mistake, not that he should stay with us, I just don't think his legs are there anymore

He might have been better with Steve B & JT at Villa, that kind of challenge may have been more rewarding for him and Villa?
could Villa carry 2 oldies :cuckoo:

Thanks Wayne for all the goals and great performances

Funkii Munkii 10 July 2017 01:44 PM

Agreed, he was a great servant, personally it is just a shame that someone who became our record goal scorer saw his time fizzle out like a cheap firework.

He deserved a better send off, no doubt he'll get a standing ovation when he returns for Everton.

From the moment he banged in the hatrick on his debut against Fenebache he leaves us all with some special memories my favourites being the goal against Newcastle which was borne out of sheer frustration, the overhead kick against City and the free kick against Stoke to break Sir Bobby's record.

Thanks Wayne

jaygsi 12 July 2017 07:51 PM

Gutted he's left, think United could still use him, surprised he's left to be honest, but guessing he wants to play every game not be a sub, and i think there's where he would be at united.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...record-breaker

elgassi 24 July 2017 11:45 PM

RM Vs MU 23/7/17
has got to go down as the worst penalty shoot out ever (at least we won lol)
or as the Yanks say it time for Pk's, man can they waste a good game :nono:

jaygsi 25 July 2017 08:52 AM

Wait till there real game in the super cup, both teams missing big players.

elgassi 30 July 2017 09:36 AM

did I read right we have managed to move on Fellaini - just never reached the heights a player of his physical size and talent should have
He obviously has something, just couldn't produce on a regular basis and was seen as an easy target to get booked or sent off by other players and teams

Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini has agreed a deal to join Turkish side Galatasaray. The 29-year-old Belgium international has less than a year left on his contract at Old Trafford. (Ajansspor, via Daily Star Sunday)

jaygsi 30 July 2017 07:53 PM

Oh i'm glad, not a fan at all.

Funkii Munkii 01 August 2017 11:11 AM

Jose said Galatasaray have more chance of signing him than Fell,"he is too important to me"

Matic £40m really :cuckoo:

jaygsi 02 August 2017 01:13 PM

Thats what all the big teams are doing now, paying big money for older players, so there getting the finished product straight away. Its going to be a mental season, Chelsea, United, City are all going for it with big money signing's.

jaygsi 06 August 2017 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting. That would be amazing if united bought him back.

jayallen 06 August 2017 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11956801)
Jose said Galatasaray have more chance of signing him than Fell,"he is too important to me"

Matic £40m really :cuckoo:

£40 million is the new £20 million, buys you not alot really......Neymars recent transfer has just reset the precedent for over inflated transfers.

Funkii Munkii 07 August 2017 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11957744)
Interesting. That would be amazing if united bought him back.

The Bale story doesn't go away either

No one leaves unless they get Mbappe

jaygsi 08 August 2017 09:15 AM

I think they will get Mbappe, Roma have already sold half there squad, and can only imagine that he will want to go to Madrid, imagine bale in the squad lol can't imagine how much they will want for him.

Funkii Munkii 08 August 2017 12:20 PM

Monaco ;)

I see Maureen has started his games with his comments on Bale yesterday, if he doesn't start then I will fight to sign him, very clever putting idea's in Bale's head.

I think it would be a massive signing if he came, one can only hope.

The Danny Rose stories are circulating again, well if Spurs wont sell us Dier they aint going to sell us Rose :lol1:

elgassi 08 August 2017 10:06 PM

wouldn't like to be a Spurs supporter, they don't seem to have the ambition to progress to the next level, they should be buying big not selling, they were 3 or 4 players away from being EPL champions
If Bale could be prized away they should bust the bank to get him back ...surely

If he comes to us I won't complain