ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ladies and Gentlemen (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1039633-ladies-and-gentlemen.html)

warrenm2 25 June 2016 11:08 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen

Dear All,

The referendum has been a battle of ideas between us, what is the best path for us as a country. I have been a part of that battle, I have been insulted and indeed have insulted others. I'm no saint, nor do I claim to be

The battle is now over. It would be easy for me to gloat and crow, to settle old scores. However 13 months ago, I was where you are now. I had banged the drum for UKIP, with an end result of 1 MP. That hurt, and it hurt badly. I suffered abuse here for being proven wrong.

I had to take it on the chin, there was no other option. The people had spoken. Reality had met my beliefs, and my beliefs were found to be flawed.

So I licked my wounds. I learnt quite a few lessons. I stood up again, didn't quit, came back on here to the jeers, and argued my case all over again.

I'll be honest. I had seen the very last polls on the night of the 22nd and it showed a 6 point lead for the Remain camp. I attended the count for my district on Thursday night. People asked me how I felt. My reply was "I fear for the worse and hope for the best".

It was a momentous night. A true roller coaster. I ended up driving home in tears.

The people have spoken. If you believe in democracy as I do, if you believe it is the fountain from which our freedom flows, then please, take a breath, take a good piece of reflection and understand that life is a journey, it has ups and downs.

This battle is over. What is needed now is careful thought on the best way to achieve what has been voted for. I dare say there will be disagreements over the way to proceed, but that is healthy. Ideas are tested and the weak ones discarded. But please, the name calling, the vitriol, the moaning and whining must end. We must work on this project together.

Finally as some of you may know I have have so many run-ins with Martin2005 that I have blocked his posts. However I did see one of them https://www.scoobynet.com/1035248-eu...l#post11850025 I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank you to Martin for that gracious post and he sets a positive example to us all. I highly commend his decency in his posting it. I know its not easy, but it takes a strong person to pick themselves up from a defeat like that. He is an example for us all

dpb 25 June 2016 11:23 PM

Now we're all in the gutter looking up at the stars. :thumb:

silver-sub 25 June 2016 11:28 PM

Good posts by you and Martin.
I suppose that's all we can do.

David Lock 25 June 2016 11:37 PM

Well you sound just like Boris. Insulting Cameron and lying for weeks but now kiss kiss and what's a trivial spat between old school chums. Makes me cringe.

Warren good try but the FACT is that it is you and your family that will suffer as this stupid decision bites.

David

hodgy0_2 25 June 2016 11:41 PM

The Sunlit uplands

But listen, if you lose your job because of this cluster fvck, at least you will have more time to spend with your family

So every cloud!!!!!

JTaylor 25 June 2016 11:49 PM

As David said, this is cringeworthy in the extreme. My toes literally curled as I read it. A patronising and transparent victory speech from a man who's helped reverse decades of progress and who then has the audacity to invite progressives to join him in the long march back to the dark ages. My faith commands that I forgive and in time, with God's grace, I will learn to. Until that time, should it come, I will work tirelessly to help undo the catastrophic mistake that our nation has made. I am a European.

hodgy0_2 25 June 2016 11:57 PM

Meanwhile I will simply laugh at these fvcking jokers

SiPie 26 June 2016 12:00 AM

Oh dear, what a plum you are

hodgy0_2 26 June 2016 12:01 AM

As you know JT I am not religious :-)

But "forgive them lord for they know not what they've done" does spring to mind

JTaylor 26 June 2016 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11850803)

https://www.scoobynet.com/1035248-eu...l#post11850216

Martin2005 26 June 2016 12:12 AM

Warren

I can only say that there is only one way forward, and that's to get on with it, and hope it works out.

I've managed to get through the 5 stages of grief quite quickly, mainly because this is exactly where I thought we'd end up.

There are many things I can let slide, but I cannot for the life of me understand how you can feel comfortable with the actions of your party. Playing on peoples fears, and dividing a society to achieve political aims is unforgivable. UKIP don't give a toss about immigration, never have done, never will. At their core UKIP are just ideologues, radicalised by a misplaced sense of nationalism who wanted out of the EU come what may, immigrants and peoples fears were just collateral damage - I might just of lapsed back a couple of stages :)

I hope you invest as much energy into helping save our union over the coming years, because that is now in the most serious danger. I'll happily stand shoulder to shoulder with you on that one.

David Lock 26 June 2016 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11850803)

"Suffer little children may" may be more apropos.

D

JTaylor 26 June 2016 12:16 AM

It takes a lot to make me cry.

hodgy0_2 26 June 2016 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11850813)
"Suffer little children may" may be more apropos.

D

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11850815)
It takes a lot to make me cry.

I cry often

And did today at the memorial for the "heroic cities of the great patriotic war" in red square

warrenm2 26 June 2016 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11850812)
Warren

I can only say that there is only one way forward, and that's to get on with it, and hope it works out.

I've managed to get through the 5 stages of grief quite quickly, mainly because this is exactly where I thought we'd end up.

There are many things I can let slide, but I cannot for the life of me understand how you can feel comfortable with the actions of your party. Playing on peoples fears, and dividing a society to achieve political aims is unforgivable. UKIP don't give a toss about immigration, never have done, never will. At their core UKIP are just ideologues, radicalised by a misplaced sense of nationalism who wanted out of the EU come what may, immigrants and peoples fears were just collateral damage - I might just of lapsed back a couple of stages :)

I hope you invest as much energy into helping save our union over the coming years, because that is now in the most serious danger. I'll happily stand shoulder to shoulder with you on that one.

I think you did lapse a bit, but moving on...

Actually I dont think the Union is in nearly as much danger as you think, but that can be for another thread if you like, but I agree it is worth keeping

hodgy0_2 26 June 2016 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11850806)

Quite :-(

dpb 26 June 2016 02:37 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-gove-eu-liars

I guess you didn't get invite to celebrate with these guys Warren ?

dpb 26 June 2016 02:55 AM

I'm wondering how the these people will able stand up in house commons, maybe they'll be vote to ignore public's "decision" and no one will go sign that article

hodgy0_2 26 June 2016 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11850835)

Good arcticle

JTaylor 26 June 2016 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11850838)
Good arcticle

Kipling:

I could not dig; I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

alcazar 26 June 2016 07:48 AM

Oh good grief.

Only one worthwhile post on here after warrens, and that was from Martin.

The rest of you are NOT the people I thought you were. Shallow and full of sour grapes. Get over yourselves. That piece of poetry above made ME cringe.

Munk 26 June 2016 07:52 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...f1e1b9b6f7.jpg

JTaylor 26 June 2016 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11850848)
Oh good grief.

Only one worthwhile post on here after warrens, and that was from Martin.

The rest of you are NOT the people I thought you were. Shallow and full of sour grapes. Get over yourselves. That piece of poetry above made ME cringe.

Jeff, you've moaned constantly for years about almost everything. Fellow remainers and I are in mourning over a divorce that's of catastrophic and global consequence and we wish to express our sorrow, our regret and our concern at this event on the very same forum you use to whine about trivia. Reflect on your hypocrisy.

Turbohot 26 June 2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11850835)

Very good article by Nick Cohen on this issue.

But don't you think that BJ and NF were just far too compassionate and ever so decent to rub it in upset Camo's and broken hearted Remain camp's faces, and therefore they didn't have any champagne flowing celebrations on the show; to cheer the historic 'Independence Day' that they so longed for? Yeah, right.

Perhaps they did have hidden celebrations. Come on, Farage was publicly ecstatic on Friday morning and was demanding a bank holiday. There's no way he could have held back his joy from sharing with his followers.

JTaylor 26 June 2016 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11850872)
Very good article by Nick Cohen on this issue.

But don't you think that BJ and NF were just far too compassionate and ever so decent to rub it in upset Camo's and broken hearted Remain camp's faces, and therefore they didn't have any champagne flowing celebrations on the show; to cheer the historic 'Independence Day' that they so longed for? Yeah, right.

Perhaps they did have hidden celebrations. Come on, Farage was publicly ecstatic on Friday morning and was demanding a bank holiday. There's no way he could have held back his joy from sharing with his followers.

I think there's a hint of post orgy shame amongst the Brexiters. They must feel a little dirty.

pimmo2000 26 June 2016 09:21 AM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...0d8ff85c26.jpg

Turbohot 26 June 2016 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11850875)
I think there's a hint of post orgy shame amongst the Brexiters. They must feel a little dirty.

....and fearful. They haven't a clue what to do next; although some say that the fear of the unknown is a natural trait for a human. We know that. But then why didn't their leaders have their clear and productive post-Brexit plan 'known' to all n' sundry beforehand and why would the Brexit followers follow their leaders so blindly without them having any plan of action in their front pocket?

Perhaps there is plan of action. Perhaps it involves:

1. Get Cameron out = DONE
2. Break the country = in process; in progress
3. Break Labour = in process; in progress
4. Get foreigners out = blind voters' priority and a USP but that will have to wait
5. Country in regress = perceive it as progress :cool:

......and so on.

Martin2005 26 June 2016 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11850878)

What I object to is having the Union Flag waved in my face like it's some kind of victory symbol.
The Union Flag is my flag, I have only ever thought of myself as British. Most of the people I know now waving the flag, never identified with that it, they would only describe themselves as English. I do wish they'd knock it off.

JackClark 26 June 2016 09:51 AM

All this has done is shown the power of marketing to the clueless.

If I wasn't so upset I'd be enjoying the meltdown of those that started this campaign.

dpb 26 June 2016 09:51 AM

All part of the plan isn't it , north England wants division from London and south east . Scotland Ireland Wales are off already . Special enclave of Surrey for the ultra nationalists