ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   GC8 & GD Exhaust question (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1020428-gc8-and-gd-exhaust-question.html)

25rsti 21 February 2015 07:05 PM

GC8 & GD Exhaust question

Hi all!

Was trying to find out if a GC8 exhaust system will fit my Bugeye GD?

I've searched multiple forums and have seen many people install GD exhaust into their GC but not vice versa.

Thank you.

Infected by sti 21 February 2015 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by 25rsti (Post 11631367)
Hi all! Was trying to find out if a GC8 exhaust system will fit my Bugeye GD? I've searched multiple forums and have seen many people install GD exhaust into their GC but not vice versa. Thank you.

Yes it will but you will need a full exhaust inc the downpipe.

There is one hanger on the back you can't utilise iirc unless you have it turned.

25rsti 21 February 2015 07:44 PM

What's different with the downpipe? JDM/AUDM vs USDM length?

Infected by sti 21 February 2015 11:41 PM

Not sure on that fella sorry, there are posts on here regarding the lengths if you dig about.

jaygsi 21 February 2015 11:56 PM

Right so you have a new age impreza turbo and you want to know if a classic turbo exhaust system will fit?

25rsti 22 February 2015 05:32 PM

Yes.

I actually just purchased it. It will take some time to get to me but can update with what I find out.

This is one of my bugs.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7482/...4993b477_c.jpgIMG_9988 by D.Brough, on Flickr

jaygsi 23 February 2015 04:50 PM

Right then yes, a classic system will fit your bugeye impreza, the down pipe is longer i think on the newage so you would need a complete system of a classic, from down pipe to back box.

Also another thing to keep in mind is the lambda sensor hole in the down pipe is in a different location on the classic, on the newage i think its further down, but i think it will still reach. Also some systems have 2 holes so can be run on either cars

25rsti 23 February 2015 04:55 PM

Thank you very much for the info.

I may be wrong but I thought for some reason the piping coming out the muffler might bend differently between classic and newage?

I won't really know until I get it and compare to mine though. :crossing my fingers:

25rsti 08 March 2015 01:37 PM

I got the exhaust in. I still need to a comparison to see what's actually different.

bludgod 11 March 2015 11:07 AM

I've got a classic system on mine. the length difference is in the downpipe and the center section. The hangers as mentioned above you can heat and bend it round to match :)

The classic has a shorter downpipe/longer center section - presumably due to less cats.

jura11 11 March 2015 12:54 PM

Hi there

As above GC8 exhaust will fit GD just hangers are not in correct place,but they will fit,if you want to do it right then I would reweld them to correct place,we are run several classic(GC8) exhausts on our wagon(GGA/GD) without the issue,just as above you will need too center pipe and downpipe

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

25rsti 20 March 2015 01:28 PM

So I layed the ARC exhaust next to my Fujitsubo Rmo1a and the ARC is a few inches longer.

Because it is titanium I will have a shop cut my downpipe to accommodate the exhaust.

It seemed that the hangers were in the correct places though.

bludgod 20 March 2015 02:22 PM

aye its the backbox hangers that are in the wrong place, the two end ones are okay either said of the tailpipe - the one further back on the exhaust pipe before the backbox needs switched from one side to the other.

Guardian-X- 19 March 2017 10:51 AM

Sorry for digging this thread back up from the dead but i think it's better to post here than open a whole new thread.

Does anyone know if GD Prodrive muffler (just the backbox) fits a GC8? I know the rear hanger of the backbox is pointed the other way but i'm talking pipe diameter and length of the exhaust.

Anyone here have this setup? (standard GC8 exhaust with just a GD prodrive backbox?)