ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/)
-   -   Wanted - Blob STI (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/1009084-wanted-blob-sti.html)

Jdean89 01 August 2014 01:50 PM

Wanted - Blob STI

Hi all, I'm currently in the market for a blob STI.

Looking for a black or silver one ideally but blue is fine depending on condition/history/mileage etc.

Possibly have widetrack money depending on condition/mileage/how much you want for it.

Sorry if wanted posts aren't suppose to go into this section, the wanted section seemed to just be for parts! Feel free to delete this thread if it's wrong.

Not got anything to PX just cash waiting.

If you want to sell your car to someone that'll look after it rather than selling to a dealer looking to make a profit on you send me a PM!

Cheers, James.

ditchyboy 01 August 2014 05:23 PM

I have a 2003 (53) in WR blue with 94000 on the clock.its well looked after and has had a lot spent since October time including cambelt change.its had 90% of the recent work done at Engine tuner including a remap putting it at 353.4bhp.was a PPP and has certificate. I would like £6750 Ono if you are at all interested in more details and pics then get in touch
Cheers

Jdean89 01 August 2014 05:37 PM

Thanks for the reply mate. I should have probably mentioned that I'm after something that's not running too much power, 350 is probably a bit too much. Was hoping for something around the 300 mark (standard PPP or maybe just an exhaust/filter + remap). Sounds like a beast though glwts if you're definitely getting rid!

ditchyboy 02 August 2014 12:24 AM

Ok no worries.i hadn't owned anything more than a 1.8 20vt golf before and only driven a couple of fastish cars.it is a beast but it isn't as bad as you think,its a nice smooth remap and can be driven nice and smooth and not that quick unless you want.

Jdean89 03 August 2014 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ditchyboy (Post 11481678)
Ok no worries.i hadn't owned anything more than a 1.8 20vt golf before and only driven a couple of fastish cars.it is a beast but it isn't as bad as you think,its a nice smooth remap and can be driven nice and smooth and not that quick unless you want.

To be fair I can imagine it being perfectly fine, the mileage is putting me off a bit too though really, was aiming for sub 80k or ideally sub 70 (I know that's becoming a rarity now though).

Jdean89 03 August 2014 08:10 PM

Still on the lookout, cash waiting for a nice 03/04, or a widetrack if the price is right!

Tomwrx 04 August 2014 06:07 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...-for-sale.html

Jdean89 04 August 2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tomwrx (Post 11483634)

As badass as that looks I don't think I could afford to run something with 540bhp as a daily lol. Glwts though mate :thumb:

Jdean89 08 August 2014 04:34 PM

Still looking. After a widetrack primarily now but may still be interested in a normal 03/04 STI.

Barxy 08 August 2014 07:05 PM

Join the 'im looking for a widetrack' club.... Proving difficult though !

sovietspybob 08 August 2014 07:21 PM

My widetrack is for sale, just put it up

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...preza-sti.html

Jdean89 10 August 2014 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barxy (Post 11486640)
Join the 'im looking for a widetrack' club.... Proving difficult though !

Very difficult.. Certain dealers aren't making it any easier either! :mad:

Jdean89 13 August 2014 10:18 PM

Still on the lookout if someone's thinking of selling soon. Can offer someone a quick cash sale (quick depending on how far away you are!). Widetrack or not, would be happy with either at this point!

Arkynsei 19 August 2014 10:04 PM

Still looking? I have 2003 Blob STI for sale. 84k miles but serviced every 6k throughout my ownership (over 20k miles)

Blue with gold wheels. Running 343BHP. Costs no more to run than it did standard and if it's controlling it your worried about, don't worry, the AWD keeps you right :).

Jdean89 20 August 2014 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Arkynsei (Post 11494518)
Still looking? I have 2003 Blob STI for sale. 84k miles but serviced every 6k throughout my ownership (over 20k miles)

Blue with gold wheels. Running 343BHP. Costs no more to run than it did standard and if it's controlling it your worried about, don't worry, the AWD keeps you right :).

It was the reliability and fuel consumption that I was worried about mostly as it's going to be a daily drive. Although I can appreciate a decent map should see the MPG remain the same if not go up slightly to be fair, so my main issue was the reliability. Pm'd you anyway ;)

MrQaud 20 August 2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jdean89 (Post 11481196)
Thanks for the reply mate. I should have probably mentioned that I'm after something that's not running too much power, 350 is probably a bit too much. Was hoping for something around the 300 mark (standard PPP or maybe just an exhaust/filter + remap). Sounds like a beast though glwts if you're definitely getting rid!

Too much power! There is no such thing as too much power! :)
My bugeye STI is running 420bhp, drives better than the standard STI and returns better fuel economy!
If you get one with less than 350bhp, it will only be a matter of time before you are bored of that and need more...

fat-thomas 20 August 2014 09:57 AM

if you put up your budget it would help

NormantheDog 20 August 2014 06:15 PM

Have you seen the thread in the general section for the one on ebay :thumb:

NormantheDog 20 August 2014 06:16 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-blob-sti.html

Jdean89 21 August 2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by NormantheDog (Post 11495146)

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah I saw that one but it's really really far away. I've just bought something else today though, gave up on the scooby in the end.

blueevoJamie 23 August 2014 11:05 PM

Glad you found something in the end JDean89.

I too am seeking a blob model, but would not rule out bug eye. Not necessarily the STI varient, as I do not think I have the budget for it.

Ideally, I am after:

- Turbo
- STI Trim (i.e. rear hi-level spoiler)
- BoV
- S/S Exhaust
- 50k - 85k miles
- FSH
- >2001

Nice to have:
- Blue Exterior
- Turbo Timer
- Blob eye
- Blue STI Interior Trim
- 6 Speed

I intend on using this as a weekend / every other weekend car. Thought I would post on here as the cars are owned by people who know what they are doing and how to care for their car.

Any hints or tips to look out for would be appreciated.

Budget is between £4,000 - £5,500.

Many thanks,

Jamie.

Jdean89 25 August 2014 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by blueevoJamie (Post 11497717)
Glad you found something in the end JDean89.

I too am seeking a blob model, but would not rule out bug eye. Not necessarily the STI varient, as I do not think I have the budget for it.

Ideally, I am after:

- Turbo
- STI Trim (i.e. rear hi-level spoiler)
- BoV
- S/S Exhaust
- 50k - 85k miles
- FSH
- >2001

Nice to have:
- Blue Exterior
- Turbo Timer
- Blob eye
- Blue STI Interior Trim
- 6 Speed

I intend on using this as a weekend / every other weekend car. Thought I would post on here as the cars are owned by people who know what they are doing and how to care for their car.

Any hints or tips to look out for would be appreciated.

Budget is between £4,000 - £5,500.

Many thanks,

Jamie.

Went back to another blue oval instead (Ford :lol1:). Good luck with the hunt man, for 5k ish you'll find at least a nice WRX with some STI mods on it. May get a bug STI for around 5 too; I really don't think they look that bad anymore tbh.