ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   EU Referendum (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1035248-eu-referendum.html)

madscoob 26 June 2016 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by c_maguire (Post 11850998)
I believe even poor people occasionally have to buy/pay for things other than beer and fags.

so you believe supermarket prices are going to go through the roof BEHAVE, it will be a demand and supply situation
if the price of foreign food goes up those that can't afford it won't buy it, while the rich have to pay a little more,and the supermarkets/big corperations make slightly less profit
i for one don't mind being £500 a year worse off as a price to pay for watching big buisness suffer and fatcats learn to slim :thumb:

Martin2005 26 June 2016 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851008)
so you believe supermarket prices are going to go through the roof BEHAVE, it will be a demand and supply situation
if the price of foreign food goes up those that can't afford it won't buy it, while the rich have to pay a little more,and the supermarkets/big corperations make slightly less profit
i for one don't mind being £500 a year worse off as a price to pay for watching big buisness suffer and fatcats learn to slim :thumb:

'Foreign food' lol

Tea
Coffee
Rice
Pasta
Fruit
Veg
Chocolate

Around 50% of packaged groceries.

Yeah we can do without all that foreign muck

JTaylor 26 June 2016 01:25 PM

The rich won't suffer you flipping clueless lemming!! :mad:

neil-h 26 June 2016 01:26 PM

Yeah that's right, stick it to the man :thumb::thumb::thumb:

silver-sub 26 June 2016 01:31 PM

On a lighter note..
I've never seen David Icke so happy.

cuprajake 26 June 2016 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11851009)
'Foreign food' lol

Tea
Coffee
Rice
Pasta
Fruit
Veg
Chocolate

Mite help uk farmers out a bit

JGlanzaV 26 June 2016 01:37 PM

What is wrong with you? It is going to be me and you that suffer here. It's not going to make a blind bit of difference to the rich. If you can afford to loose 500quid a year then you are obviously one of those rich fat cats that needs to slim....

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 11851015)
Mite help uk farmers out a bit

Possibly!

madscoob 26 June 2016 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11851009)
'Foreign food' lol

Tea
Coffee
Rice
Pasta
Fruit
Veg
Chocolate

and the prices of all the above will remain the same you fvcking muppets, the producers of the above will not want to price themselves out of the markets, oh and on a joking note swiss chocs will stay the same
i spend about £140 a week on shopping lets revisit this page in 12 months time as see how much extra it costs me
this place gets more like halfords everyday :thumb:

JGlanzaV 26 June 2016 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851017)
and the prices of all the above will remain the same you fvcking muppets, the producers of the above will not want to price themselves out of the markets, oh and on a joking note swiss chocs will stay the same
i spend about £140 a week on shopping lets revisit this page in 12 months time as see how much extra it costs me
this place gets more like halfords everyday :thumb:

The exchange rate plummeted. Your food WILL GO UP not because they are pricing people out of a market but due to simple maths...

cuprajake 26 June 2016 01:47 PM

Exchange rate is same as it was end of last yr.

madscoob 26 June 2016 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11851018)
The exchange rate plummeted. Your food WILL GO UP not because they are pricing people out of a market but due to simple maths...

how many of the products martin listed come from the eu then
coffee
tea
rice
non of the above for starters :thumb:

Martin2005 26 June 2016 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851021)
how many of the products martin listed come from the eu then
coffee
tea
rice
non of the above for starters :thumb:

OMG

madscoob 26 June 2016 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 11851020)
Exchange rate is same as it was end of last yr.

strange how the outers forget to mention this
was your shopping dearer at the end of last year ?
mine wasen't

madscoob 26 June 2016 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11851022)
OMG

omg what martin
google the worlds largest producers of the above then
non of them are in the eu, only the money making dealers in comodities who we no longer need to deal with
straight to chine for rice now
straight to brazil for coffee now
straight to china for tea now
bye bye greedy middle man straight to source :thumb:

JGlanzaV 26 June 2016 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851025)
omg what martin
non of them are in the eu, only the money making dealers in comodities who we no longer need to deal with

Countries who we don't have trade deals with?

Well done genius...

JTaylor 26 June 2016 01:56 PM

The voice of Britain. :(

madscoob 26 June 2016 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11851026)
Countries who we don't have trade deals with?

Well done genius...

OH and you actually think they won't want to deal with us lmfao
it's like me selling you something for £12 so you can sell it to martin for £15 of course they will want to sell us their products for £13 :brickwall

JGlanzaV 26 June 2016 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851029)
OH and you actually think they won't want to deal with us lmfao
it's like me selling you something for £12 so you can sell it to martin for £15 of course they will want to sell us their products for £13 :brickwall

Yes but until that trade deal is in place we cannot deal with them.

And actually they can go the other way and royally screw us on the price as we need it from them as we can't get it from the EU now.

Maybe you don't understand buying power within markets?

Martin2005 26 June 2016 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851025)
omg what martin

This is all pretty basic stuff, and I cannot believe I have to explain it.

BTW - My job is advising the Packaged Grocery industry, so I think I know how it works.

Most of these commodities are bought in US Dollars (or at least negotiated relative to the Dollar).

Therefore if the £ falls relative to $ (or there's an expectation that this will happen) prices go up, this isn't a matter of speculation is just a fact.

We've had a relatively strong pound for a while now, although the pound did dip for a while in 2015 (which was not without consequence for some producers). The strong pound has been, in part responsible for a deflation in the food industry over the past 3 years.

Now some manufacturers / suppliers may decide to absorb the additional costs (most won't though as they've been unable to put up prices for a couple of years), and will look to be more efficient by cutting costs - that's people losing their jobs btw.

madscoob 26 June 2016 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11851030)
Yes but until that trade deal is in place we cannot deal with them.

And actually they can go the other way and royally screw us on the price as we need it from them as we can't get it from the EU now.

Maybe you don't understand buying power within markets?

ok a example for you
the company i work for buys locinex products from locinex and sells to my customer at 25% mark up,
customer complains and says i can go on locinex's website and buy that for £17 a metre
i explain yes but we pay £21 per metre as we pay them on 30 days we then mark up 25% and you pay us on 60 day's
customer say's ok i will use our corperate credit card online or set up a account with locinex therefore saving 25%
locinex have allready said to us that's the price on credit take it or leave it,
we don't care who buy's it that's the price, why should we sell it to you at a reduced price just to line your pocket's
can't say fairer than that they have a product and know how much buisness is prepared to pay for it.
the same will apply to
tea coffee rice etc

Martin2005 26 June 2016 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851036)
ok a example for you
the company i work for buys locinex products from locinex and sells to my customer at 25% mark up,
customer complains and says i can go on locinex's website and buy that for £17 a metre
i explain yes but we pay £21 per metre as we pay them on 30 days we then mark up 25% and you pay us on 60 day's
customer say's ok i will use our corperate credit card online or set up a account with locinex therefore saving 25%
locinex have allready said to us that's the price on credit take it or leave it,
we don't care who buy's it that's the price, why should we sell it to you at a reduced price just to line your pocket's
can't say fairer than that they have a product and know how much buisness is prepared to pay for it.
the same will apply to
tea coffee rice etc

You are so wrong, and so ill-informed

JGlanzaV 26 June 2016 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11851039)

I think k he is a lost cause. Small mind mentality with no grasp of the concept....

madscoob 26 June 2016 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11851039)

care to explain how we can't now pay £17 instead of £21 +25% mark up then by going direct, to the country/supplier at source

Martin2005 26 June 2016 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851046)
care to explain how we can't now pay £17 instead of £21 +25% mark up then by going direct, to the country/supplier at source

They always have.

JGlanzaV 26 June 2016 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 11851046)

THEY WILL NOT TRADE WITH US WITHOUT A TRADE DEAL IN PLACE.

hodgy0_2 26 June 2016 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by silver-sub (Post 11851014)
On a lighter note..
I've never seen David Icke so happy.

As is Keith chegwin

hodgy0_2 26 June 2016 02:51 PM

We seem to have madscoob leading the post brexit charge

Where have the heavy hitters gone

madscoob 26 June 2016 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11851049)
THEY WILL NOT TRADE WITH US WITHOUT A TRADE DEAL IN PLACE.

ok so in basic terms we have 2 years to set up accounts with other countries,
allowing them to deal with up direct instead of lining other peoples pockets,
tate n lyle will be well chuffed they had to pay the eu millions for every delivery in import tarrifs and extra costs involved in being told where to buy it from, so and food with sugar in will be cheeper for starters,2.5*3million euros extra per boat of sugar beet as apposed to cane sugar from outside the eu brazil etc

JTaylor 26 June 2016 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11851062)
We seem to have madscoob leading the post brexit charge

Where have the heavy hitters gone

They're pooping their little y-fronts. Madscoob's just too dense to realise what a right royal cock-up this is. ;)

madscoob 26 June 2016 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11851065)
They're pooping their little y-fronts. Madscoob's just too dense to realise what a right royal cock-up this is. ;)

ha ha lmfao thats a bit rich coming from someone who believes in adult fairy tales :sleep: