ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Rolling Road Day. TEG Sport. 28 January. (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/473891-rolling-road-day-teg-sport-28-january.html)

jonny gav 01 February 2006 09:23 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...v/01022006.jpg

this is my graph, as you can see it hits just over 1 bar and rises to 1.15.

after recording the boost on the defi's it was doing it on the road!

i looked in th the problem and now hits 1.15 and stays there right through the rev range.

i have also changed the MAF sensor and re-wired the fuel pump to address the lean running problem i had with the car.

i wouldn't have known about this problem and may have blown my engine before my project got started if i hadn't done the RR day, well worth £30 to me :)

PhilA 01 February 2006 01:21 PM

your boost graph looks good. does that mean I have a problem with mine since it's all over the place?

AFAIK when you change to PPP ECU like I did you should change the brass restrictor to one with a larger hole to stop boost spikes.
Do you think this is what's happening to mine as I have not changed the restrictor yet.

PhilA 01 February 2006 01:24 PM

double post

PhilA 01 February 2006 02:53 PM

just spoke to Prodrive. The PPP cars use the same restrictor jet.

what the hell is wrong with my boost? is it caused by my full decat?

harvey 01 February 2006 04:31 PM

I think Jonny already suggested you try a GBE valve???
I will happily loan you one at no cost. You can try it to see if it is a cure before you go on to other things.

alanjack 01 February 2006 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by jonny gav
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...v/01022006.jpg

this is my graph, as you can see it hits just over 1 bar and rises to 1.15.

after recording the boost on the defi's it was doing it on the road!

i looked in th the problem and now hits 1.15 and stays there right through the rev range.

i have also changed the MAF sensor and re-wired the fuel pump to address the lean running problem i had with the car.

i wouldn't have known about this problem and may have blown my engine before my project got started if i hadn't done the RR day, well worth £30 to me :)

Seems funny to me though Jonny your car has clocked up over 70,000 miles as it was.

jonny gav 01 February 2006 06:15 PM

thats 70k kilometers not miles ;) :D

the wiring had been changed to the tank after my little mishap, i think thats what had caused the problem with the fuel supply.

after running it with the wideband it is now fueling at 11.2 all the way through the rev range.

oh and thanks to harvey for the loan of the LM1 ;)

PhilA 01 February 2006 06:25 PM

cheers for the offer Harvey but I have a Dawes device coming anyway with my boost guage.
I guess I better fit my guage and confirm what's happening on the road before I start to mess on with a manual controller.
Hopefully that will sort it and allow me to get the torque I should have with the PPP.

Jonny: do you use a manual boost controller?

jonny gav 02 February 2006 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by PhilA
Jonny: do you use a manual boost controller?

yes i am using a GBE valve :)

StickyMicky 02 February 2006 11:53 AM

looks similer to the problem i had with mine when i first got it

ninnybobs sold me a dawse and jonny put it on, and it sorted out my "wonky" boost in about 10 mins flat :)

PhilA 02 February 2006 01:25 PM

thanks everyone.
I've got a knocklink, dawes and boost guage coming next week so I'll hopefully sort it then.
I assume when I fix my boost problem I'll run more bhp than last week at TEG?

StickyMicky 02 February 2006 04:45 PM

i did at well lane when i "smoothed" my boost out :)

depends on what boost level you run at?

PhilA 02 February 2006 07:14 PM

I don't know what to run it at as I don't know what it should be standard.
I believe a UK Turbo runs at 0.9 bar and a PPP is meant to be higher? But I don't know how much higher? Any ideas?

harvey 03 February 2006 01:44 AM

Phil :I would respectfully suggest you WILL be better off with a GBE. Give Jonny a ring.
Without the RR sesion, Jonny would not have known he had/has a problem Alan and the car has just encountered this situation so £30 well spent.
It has NOT done 70K km like this. Please do not be sceptical.

alanjack 03 February 2006 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by harvey
Phil :I would respectfully suggest you WILL be better off with a GBE. Give Jonny a ring.
Without the RR sesion, Jonny would not have known he had/has a problem Alan and the car has just encountered this situation so £30 well spent.
It has NOT done 70K km like this. Please do not be sceptical.

I agree £30 well spent, I must have come across the wrong way. I suggested Jonnys car had covered 70000km without problems.

PhilA 13 March 2006 01:23 PM

any news on when the pics will be in the mag?

mickywrx 20 April 2006 09:51 PM

Bought this months Jap Performance, still no feckin write up in it. :mad: Want to see how much BHP mine made at the printers. ;)

* * * KEV * * * 21 April 2006 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Bought this months Jap Performance, still no feckin write up in it. :mad: Want to see how much BHP mine made at the printers. ;)

If you look on the website, it tells you every month whats in the next issue. Save you a bit of money......http://www.chpltd.com/japanese_performance/index.html

PhilA 19 September 2006 09:48 PM

It's in this months issue, Out Now in the shops!

Freelance Badger 20 September 2006 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by PhilA
It's in this months issue, Out Now in the shops!

Yes - seems like they were saving it for the Scooby supplement - they did the same when I did an Evo dyno earlier in the year. Better late than never!

PhilA 20 September 2006 11:01 PM

Looks good.

mickeyscoob123 01 December 2006 12:31 AM

Yes im interested if there is room

1994 Type Ra
Front mount intercooler.
Gems Ecu,
Magnex with Decat,
Hks Filter

Email Mikenmand@aol.com

mickeyscoob123 01 December 2006 12:32 AM

:wonder: :mad: :iamwithst Sorry cant Read Dates properly!:freak3: