ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   SickBug.................... (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/886902-sickbug.html)

KJD Mk1 06 June 2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10652601)
Gates also make a Kevlar belt and it may be cheaper than the Cosworth one, I'm sure I read somewhere that Gates make it for Cosworth. :)

Correct, Gates do indeed make the Cosworth belts.

Cannon Fodder 06 June 2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by drive (Post 10653433)
What do you class as BIG POWER,cars??

Me personally I would class 400bhp and over as big power as you are running a lot more than these engines were designed to produce reliably. :)

KJD Mk1 06 June 2012 01:00 PM

For all your Subaru parts look no further than here www.importcarparts.co.uk
They also sell the Cosworth stuff as well, service is swift and they are a breeze to deal with.

Cannon Fodder 06 June 2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 10653441)
Bin it Si. You'll be surprised how much weight you save. Engine is a little more responsive aswell:thumb:

Don't the windows open in a Spec C they Ty?:D

Plus is it worth lugging the extra weight about for the amount of "summer" we have:(

I wish I had kept the AC to help clear any moisture from the car, Impreza window sealing on classics and newage cars is particularly crap in terms of allowing moisture build up especially on the inside of the windscreen.

A quick blast of the AC and the moisture is gone. :)

Rally fan 555 06 June 2012 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10653500)
I wish I had kept the AC to help clear any moisture from the car, Impreza window sealing on classics and newage cars is particularly crap in terms of allowing moisture build up especially on the inside of the windscreen.

A quick blast of the AC and the moisture is gone. :)

You do notice a build up of condensation when the A/C is off and it demists like a goodun then.............

Rally fan 555 06 June 2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 10653499)
For all your Subaru parts look no further than here www.importcarparts.co.uk
They also sell the Cosworth stuff as well, service is swift and they are a breeze to deal with.

Nice one Kev - thanks :thumb:

drive 06 June 2012 03:30 PM

That's where you are going wrong AC is meant to come out of dash vents not on to the screen,that's why you get it misting up so quick,with out the aircon on. Then as soon as you use the aircon it will clearly it in seconds,but when you go back to normal fans it will mist up again....note to selves dont use AIRCON on the front screen.
Someone is going to come in and argue the toss with me,but hey ho it's something to do with the gasses,used when the aircon is on,that glass doesn't like it and you will have to clean it properly,If you want to stop the window from misting up,with just the normal fan on,end of....

DYL 4N 06 June 2012 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by catalunya 172 (Post 10653375)
How did it save you Ty ? What happend for it to save you fella ? I do agree that cosworth etc are the way to go on big power and track/ events cars but if an everyday average power car the oem standard belt is good enough and as long as it is built correct and new tension/ pulleys are used there should not be a problem

Sorry to break your heart Lee but........

...........this one has **** all to do with me.

Plus I agree with Ty. I would only fit a Kevlar belt to my car. It only takes one manufacturer defect to right off an engine at least with kevlar you have half a chance.

KJD Mk1 06 June 2012 04:51 PM

I can't see the point in ditching perfectly good air con in a road car, unless your using the car for Motorsport 99.9999% would never tell the difference. Lose a kg or 2 from your waist line if your that bothered ;)

Black-Hawk 06 June 2012 05:40 PM

Well said Kev.

Cannon Fodder 06 June 2012 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 10653725)
I can't see the point in ditching perfectly good air con in a road car, unless your using the car for Motorsport 99.9999% would never tell the difference. Lose a kg or 2 from your waist line if your that bothered ;)

I hope you're not on about me there Kev, I have the body of a Greek god. ;)

drive 06 June 2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 10653725)

Ok where did i put that diet book of mine!!

Any way,losing weight doesn't bother me,when i have so much power under the bonnet....

The Sheep Worrier 06 June 2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by drive (Post 10653847)
Ok where did i put that diet book of mine!!

Any way,losing weight doesn't bother me,when i have so much power under the bonnet....

Really? I've got a million horsepoop power, my cars waaaay faster than yours.....

Rally fan 555 06 June 2012 07:16 PM

Think the A/C will stay put ;) I can't do diets ;) only chips......

R1CH D 06 June 2012 07:24 PM

And gallons of gravy si. :)

Rally fan 555 06 June 2012 07:39 PM

I love gravy ..

KJD Mk1 06 June 2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10653831)

I was generalising but as a Greek god you would have known that.:D

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 10653970)
Think the A/C will stay put ;) I can't do diets ;) only chips......

Better to be 0.00000001 of a second slower than sweating your nuts off in warm weather :lol1:

Rally fan 555 06 June 2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 10654275)
Better to be 0.00000001 of a second slower than sweating your nuts off in warm weather :lol1:

:lol1: Too true Kev, too true :thumb:

drive 07 June 2012 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 10654013)
I love gravy ..

Mmmm I owe you some gravy!!

drive 07 June 2012 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Legend (Post 10653900)
Really? I've got a million horsepoop power, my cars waaaay faster than yours.....

Really really!!ah bummer I only have 900,000 BHP?
Well done you,on having a faster car than me....

drive 07 June 2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10653831)

I have the body of a god,also

Buddha,lol....

The Stitcher 07 June 2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10653497)
Me personally I would class 400bhp and over as big power as you are running a lot more than these engines were designed to produce reliably. :)

What he said

Rally fan 555 07 June 2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by drive (Post 10654524)
Mmmm I owe you some gravy!!

Yum ;) All gravy gratefully received :D

R1CH D 07 June 2012 06:24 PM

Gravy aside, you heard from boyo since he couldn't be bothered to turn up down redwards?

Rally fan 555 07 June 2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by R1CH D (Post 10655271)
Gravy aside, you heard from boyo since he couldn't be bothered to turn up down redwards?

We are speaking Mate :thumb:

R1CH D 07 June 2012 08:24 PM

Good good.

Rally fan 555 11 June 2012 10:43 AM

Update: Met with Rich E, Dylan and witness last night. General opinion is this:- Head gasket failure, leading to the cylinder filling with water and the pressure inside destroying the Con Rod and damaging the opposite cylinder/piston too. The issue could have been made worse following an initial coolant leak, which could have started the HG on it's spiral downwards - this was reported to D on discovery. During which period I used the car with regular coolant top up's during this period, I replaced the Rad/Coolant hoses due the end crimps on the standard Rad opening at a corner and leaking water too.

I feel the pictures that Rich posted up are not disputed, as they speak for themselves. No internal evidence of any failings during Dylan's engine build have come to light. We are now moving on with the build and with the help of Tyron and Richy's shopping list - the hunt for part's is looming.

There some testing and possibly skimming to get done soon, then things can be put back together. Dylan has offered some parts to assist us with the new build. I think that's a fair appraisal of what took place - Si.

drive 11 June 2012 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 10660373)
Update: Met with Rich E, Dylan and witness last night. General opinion is this:- Head gasket failure, leading to the cylinder filling with water and the pressure inside destroying the Con Rod and damaging the opposite cylinder/piston too. The issue could have been made worse following an initial coolant leak, which could have started the HG on it's spiral downwards - this was reported to D on discovery. During which period I used the car with regular coolant top up's during this period, I replaced the Rad/Coolant hoses due the end crimps on the standard Rad opening at a corner and leaking water too.

I feel the pictures that Rich posted up are not disputed, as they speak for themselves. No internal evidence of any failings during Dylan's engine build have come to light. We are now moving on with the build and with the help of Tyron and Richy's shopping list - the hunt for part's is looming.

There some testing and possibly skimming to get done soon, then things can be put back together. Dylan has offered some parts to assist us with the new build. I think that's a fair appraisal of what took place - Si.

Well put si,i just wish some people weren't so quick to point the finger untill all evidence has been,discused by those involved,so too those that were quick enough to go,slating/having ago/slagging off Dylan....:hjtwofing

Rally fan 555 11 June 2012 11:37 AM

As I think I posted before I never set out to point fingers on here, as I don't think that would solve anything - what's been seen on the pics etc are what they are.
So there's now some work to do......................

R1CH D 11 June 2012 11:39 AM

There we go then drive, Dylan's after care is abortionate to say the least. And that's from experience.