ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   EU Referendum (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1035248-eu-referendum.html)

hodgy0_2 16 June 2016 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11846770)

That link does not work

No one is suggesting she was attacked and killed over her referendum stance are they?

lunar tick 16 June 2016 06:25 PM

As I commented on another thread, the man arrested (Tommy Mair) is documented as having severe mental health problems - http://www.batleynews.co.uk/news/loc...site-1-2976712

It's sickening to see on social media that quite a few people (on all sides of the political spectrum) are trying to make capital out of this tragedy

Turbohot 16 June 2016 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11846781)
That link does not work

No one is suggesting she was attacked and killed over her referendum stance are they?

It worked for me, hodgy. It tells you about 5 facts in relation to the incident but I think Duncan was only making a connection because the victim was a Labour MP (perhaps a Pro-In EU one) and the perpetrator, according to one paper, said "Britain First" at the time of the killing. So, I can imagine how some minds (including mine, I admit) may make that Brexit connection. There doesn't seem to be any connection with Brexit movement tbh. He was just someone very mentally ill; apparently.

dpb 16 June 2016 08:36 PM

oh right , so this particular female just got in the way :thumb:

DoZZa 16 June 2016 09:05 PM

A government conspiracy, surely not!

Martin2005 16 June 2016 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11846871)
A government conspiracy, surely not!

Blimey, that didn't take long.

Want to walk us through it?

DoZZa 16 June 2016 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11846914)
Blimey, that didn't take long.

Want to walk us through it?

It was a joke wise guy. Dont get yer knickers in a twist.

hodgy0_2 16 June 2016 10:41 PM

I,l have a go Martin

Presumably Dozza thinks a pro remain government had Mrs cox (an active supporter of both remain and the plight of Syrian fefugees) shot, 3 times - once in the face

By a "patsy" - so that there is an upswelling of support for her and her causes

Thus delivering an "in" vote

Pathetic and ridiculous in equal measure, and another small reason to vote in

We need to keeps these nutters on the margins - not give them any power whatsoever

DoZZa 16 June 2016 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11846923)
I,l have a go Martin

Presumably Dozza thinks a pro remain government had Mrs cox (an active supporter of both remain and the plight of Syrian fefugees) shot, 3 times - once in the face

By a "patsy" - so that there is an upswelling of support for her and her causes

Thus delivering an "in" vote

Pathetic and ridiculous in equal measure, and another small reason to vote in

We need to keeps these nutters on the margins - not give them any power whatsoever

Never presume what I am thinking, because you'll be way off!

Cant be arsed with reading all the way through this thread, but heres my reason for voting

IN

My heart says leave, my head says stay, but only for the longevity of my business.

That is all!

markjmd 16 June 2016 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11846919)
It was a joke wise guy. Dont get yer knickers in a twist.

Two young kids are now facing the prospect of growing up without their mother, and you think it's clever to be having a go at people for not getting your 'joke' about it being a government conspiracy? :cuckoo:

DoZZa 17 June 2016 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11846931)
Two young kids are now facing the prospect of growing up without their mother, and you think it's clever to be having a go at people for not getting your 'joke' about it being a government conspiracy? :cuckoo:

I apologise refusly if that's how you, or anyone else have taken it, the joke was certainly not directed at the death of Jo Cox.

And its not a prospect that they will be facing, its a fact, and a sad one too.

hodgy0_2 17 June 2016 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by DoZZa (Post 11846926)
Never presume what I am thinking, because you'll be way off!
l!

Fair enough,

alcazar 17 June 2016 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11846753)
So because the other boys aernt sticking to the rules we are going to take the ball home with us ?

So you'd play a rigged game? Wanna play me at rigged poker?
No I thought not.

andy97 17 June 2016 08:29 AM

Here is the Labour grass roots Lexit movie, bit rough with only £6k and a week to make it

Geezer 17 June 2016 10:24 AM

If the referendum result was Leave, does Parliament then have to vote on it to make it happen? I would assume so, Parliament is the only mechanism to change UK law. If roughly 460 MPs are for remain, does that mean that the whole thing could turn out to be a waste of time?

I couldn't see UKIP suddenly winning 400 odd seats in the next election as a protest, they are just too unelectable, even for most Leavers, so there would be pretty much nowhere to go the disgruntled electorate?

SwissTony 17 June 2016 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11846994)
If the referendum result was Leave, does Parliament then have to vote on it to make it happen? I would assume so, Parliament is the only mechanism to change UK law. If roughly 460 MPs are for remain, does that mean that the whole thing could turn out to be a waste of time?

I couldn't see UKIP suddenly winning 400 odd seats in the next election as a protest, they are just too unelectable, even for most Leavers, so there would be pretty much nowhere to go the disgruntled electorate?

yes see my post on the last page.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/a...-a3272621.html

Geezer 17 June 2016 10:36 AM

Cheers Tony, easy to miss some posts in a thread this big!

andy97 17 June 2016 12:18 PM

Did Gordon Brown put the signing of the Lisbon treaty to a parliament vote, or did he trot along blindly with his pen?

alcazar 17 June 2016 12:31 PM

Exactly. We have Cam Moron's promise to abide by the result, whatever it is...whatever THAT is worth, LOL

Geezer 17 June 2016 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11847034)
Did Gordon Brown put the signing of the Lisbon treaty to a parliament vote, or did he trot along blindly with his pen?

The Lisbon treaty did not require an act of Parliament as it was to do with how the EU is run.

However, it would require an act of Parliament to repeal the 1972 act, and that would require a majority vote in the Commons.

Geezer 17 June 2016 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11847037)
Exactly. We have Cam Moron's promise to abide by the result, whatever it is...whatever THAT is worth, LOL

Cameron is the Prime Minister, he has no power to issue an executive order like the President of the United States, so his promise is actually an empty one. He can promise to put the vote to the house, and as that article shows, if the majority of the population voted and the vote was clearly in favour of Leave, then they would probably vote in favour of it, despite their personal feelings.

That may not happen though......

SwissTony 17 June 2016 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 11847049)

That may not happen though......

And that is the problem, we may scream and shout all we like but it will be ineffective :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Martin2005 17 June 2016 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 11847054)
And that is the problem, we may scream and shout all we like but it will be ineffective :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I really wouldn't worry about this. If we vote out parliament has no choice but to follow suit.

hodgy0_2 17 June 2016 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11847056)
I really wouldn't worry about this. If we vote out parliament has no choice but to follow suit.

agree

as I stated in an earlier post whatever the outcome it has to be honoured by parliament

unpalatable as it is, even an OUT one

not to would invite whinging of such gargantuan proportions it may just break the internet (and that just from alcazar)

JTaylor 17 June 2016 02:05 PM

:lol1:

alcazar 17 June 2016 05:10 PM

:D :D :D

You know me so well.

Petem95 17 June 2016 07:11 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-want-join-now

Switzerland has withdrawn it's 1992 in-principle application to join the EU now, following the same move by Iceland.

Hardly a surprise, both successful countries in their own right, and clearly don't want to get dragged down by joining the failing EU project.

Martin2005 17 June 2016 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95 (Post 11847123)
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-want-join-now

Switzerland has withdrawn it's 1992 in-principle application to join the EU now, following the same move by Iceland.

Hardly a surprise, both successful countries in their own right, and clearly don't want to get dragged down by joining the failing EU project.

It's a good story, but the detail (as always) isn't nearly so exciting.

Are you now officially part of the Leave propaganda machine Pete 😀?

alcazar 18 June 2016 07:16 AM

Yawn....as usual, you don't say what the "detail" is.......Fast Show Politician mode stuck on?

dpb 18 June 2016 08:12 AM

Looks like Out are on the back foot after little nigels poster