ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   I want to stay with Subaru .... but .... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/817168-i-want-to-stay-with-subaru-but.html)

Mat ed30 04 March 2010 08:47 PM

i am a big fan of the hatchback but i think the rear light need some tint to them to take away the bling

SunnySideUp 04 March 2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by paulbu (Post 9264631)
I changed to the quad tail pipe system at the end of November. I didn't particularly like the look of the single Prodrive pipe on one side and the car now has a more balanced look from the rear. A bit more 'burble' also. Subaru supplied and fitted so warranty unaffected and they took the exisitng Prodrive system in part ex.

Nice ....

Isn't it just the BackBox? Or is it more than that?

Did you get the £1000 to spend in the options list?

paulbu 04 March 2010 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9264762)
Nice ....

Isn't it just the BackBox? Or is it more than that?

Did you get the £1000 to spend in the options list?

Just the back box. It mates readily with the existing Prodrive setup.
Don't understand the 2nd question.

SunnySideUp 05 March 2010 09:00 AM

Sorry, the current offer is £1,000 to spend on the options list - FREE.

I'm trying to get a feeling for whether your £19,000 purchase price also allowed you to specify £1,000 worth of options from the options list - FREE.

Of course, those clever Subaru accountants may have allowed the purchaser to buy the car last Autumn at £19,000 .... but, this Spring the lowest price would be £20,000 (but with the extra little perk of £1,000 Free options)?

If you had bought at £19,000 and also had the Free Options - then it is a more interesting proposition for me - of course.

I can guess, by your answer, that you didn't get offered the Options Deal.

The BackBox, on it's own, shouldn't be too expensive ... looks good too!! What was it? £250'ish?

paulbu 05 March 2010 11:10 AM

SSU
No free options in the £19k deal last June.
Prodrive back box was £586 inc Vat but was allowed £200 on existing Prodrive back pipe in part ex.

SunnySideUp 05 March 2010 12:52 PM

£586!!! Holy Fooook!!! :eek:

£386 is easier to swallow .... but, stuff me, that's a lot of money!

Are there cheaper options - or is the car too new for patented parts?

Mark'sWRX 05 March 2010 02:06 PM

You were being a bit hopeful with your guess of £250 for a quad pipe backbox, I feel.

The Prodrive single exit pipe for the old saloon was £350, but it is stainless steel and guaranteed for life (I think).

Remember, if you fitted non genuine parts, you could invalidate your warranty.

scooby L 05 March 2010 03:44 PM

One on ebay (hatch member on here) for sale, (see hatch owners thread)

They are stupid money new, I paid £250 for mine 2nd hand with the decat section aswell

scixer6r 05 March 2010 04:46 PM

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:: sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::s leep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sl eep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sle ep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::slee p:

SunnySideUp 06 March 2010 12:57 PM

^^^ Weird Post ^^^ ??