ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Track Days & National Events (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/)
-   -   Donnington (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/108764-donnington.html)

johnfelstead 05 July 2002 02:31 PM

Its absolutely true, the SIDC track days always have gravel on the corners. They usually only do that after the second session though, as it takes one session for Stef to get it sprayed onto the track thoroughly.

This is why Stef is the SIDC track organisor, as it's a big responsibility to condition the track for everyone on the day! :D;)

Mellow Yellow ! 05 July 2002 03:19 PM

Oh and TF you were correct.....Stef is a woman :D:D:D:D ;)

Little Miss WRX 05 July 2002 05:18 PM

Just tohught I wouldmention I have my super duper, twin limited edition WRC rally car Subaru Imprezas raring to go head to head with the Fastest. No need for any mods as they have the full works on them already :D ;)

I am not too sure if I can stand the heat of the competition, but i am sure my two little beasts won't let me down :D ;)

Here they are :D

http://www.aironet.btinternet.co.uk/lmw/2952.JPG

Oh and my infra-red mouse will kick ass too ;)

DavidLewis 05 July 2002 08:11 PM

How come this is still here and not moved to muppet forum.
Still funny though!!!!! :D

DavidLewis 05 July 2002 08:18 PM

Its absolutely true, the SIDC track days always have gravel on the corners. They usually only do that after the second session though, as it takes one session for Stef to get it sprayed onto the track thoroughly.

This is why Stef is the SIDC track organisor, as it's a big responsibility to condition the track for everyone on the day!
So true, John, so true.

Stef is also the only person I know thats said.....
"Bugger Craner Curve, if I cut across the grass, I'll miss the old hairpin as well"

logiclee 06 July 2002 11:20 AM

Just got back off holiday and have read all 8 pages. ROTFLMAO. :D

Its very easy to miss the gravel if you get it wrong at Craners, there is plenty of grass but this will probably slow you down from around 120mph to around 80mph when you hit the tyre wall. Ask MTR or salsa-king.
Not that I'm saying Mr Fastest or anyone else would do that on a nice wide track, how hard can it be after all ;) ;) :)

Lee

The Fastest 06 July 2002 05:11 PM

Hello all, haven't been able to get net access the last day or so, but the gravel will be ace.
Mellow Yellow, Crypt, Lee P, johnfelstead and all the others i look forward to meeting you....

Must go now to prepare the new WRX, and its an early start in the morning.

LET THE RACE BEGIN !!!

TF

Josh L 06 July 2002 05:43 PM

I'm sure TF must be a windup merchant. Nobody is that stupid.

However, don't forget that if the stewards feel you're racing, or your driving is considered to be inapropriate, you'll be sent packing. Something I've now seen a number of times whilst covering days.

Anyway, I rather send out proofs to your home than the hospital.

Josh

Mellow Yellow ! 06 July 2002 06:14 PM

:)

Scooby Wagon 07 July 2002 10:56 PM

Hi All

Great day, did anyone meet The Fastest or are we all still guessing?
Could have an of educcated guess!

Paul

gregh 07 July 2002 11:23 PM

Never saw The Fastest pass me and I was by no means the fastest out there ;)

greg

scrap 08 July 2002 08:00 AM

A good day all in all, had a lot of fun.

BIG thanks again to Mellow for the passenger ride, your STi feels so much quicker than the P1 did, big thumbs up Chris.

Any news on 'Blue'? Is he still alive or did his wife kill him?

Seriously, hope all works out ok, not nice when something like that happens, just makes you realise the risks involved when doing a track day!

Teri

johnfelstead 08 July 2002 10:48 PM

Well i did my sideways forever bit! :D Where were you then TF, chicken ****! :D