ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Battlefield 2 players... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/460655-battlefield-2-players.html)

Kieran_Burns 06 June 2006 04:20 PM

Got mine as well! (finally)

doug2507 06 June 2006 04:46 PM

Thought it was well easy. dont know the name of the map but its a us assault from the south of the city. Its got a bridge on the upper right joining an industrial estate with the mainland and a large hill running up the left. Well, the most southern mec point is the one. Just hang about there with a bit of caution and alertness and its easy pickings. Best to have somebody with anti-tank for support though. Might see if i can get my knife the same way..:D you'd be sorted if you pair up with someone else...

Kieran_Burns 06 June 2006 04:49 PM

Karkand... yup same here and in pretty much the same way

DrEvil 06 June 2006 04:58 PM

** Armored Fury - released today **

Available from http://downloader.ea.com/

BF2 Xpak Armored Fury has finally been released, 3 new maps and some new weapons/vehicles. I believe it is £5.99 ish. Reports so far are that it is very good - I'm sold by the level with spaghetti junction in it anyhow! :D

We will be aim to run this on the server on Sunday along side EF (TBC).

Tonight will be standard BF2, and Thursday will be SF as normal (AFAIK).

This has been a SNAFU_UK public service announcement :D

DrEvil 06 June 2006 04:59 PM

PS. Kieran - I hadn't had enough to drink the other night, thats why my heli abilities were impaired - h'onest guv :D

doug2507 06 June 2006 05:39 PM

Anyone got/heard of Gameshadow? Prog. for updating all your game's to latest patches/mods/maps etc. Got it along with a copy of Imperial Glory. There's actually quite a few mods for BF2 but didnt d/l any of them in fear of more issues running it.

DrEvil 06 June 2006 05:52 PM

Not heard of it... like you, I don't want to upset PB by installing any third party content at present.

doug2507 06 June 2006 06:10 PM

I'd recommend getting it. I have about 20-25 games currently installed and quite a few of them were out of date. Updated all with official patches. Downloaded a few mods and maps for the likes of UT etc.

Kieran_Burns 06 June 2006 07:32 PM

Got the Armoured fury download, so if it's available I'll be there to play!

DrEvil 06 June 2006 07:34 PM

** Armoured Fury - first play on SNAFU_UK server **

Will be on Sunday 11th June - just confirming this with the clan.

I'm setting up an AF and EF profile ready for this.

So you'll need Euro Forces too.

:)

DrEvil 07 June 2006 01:40 AM

Just been messing around with AF - some very cool maps.

:D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 07 June 2006 10:46 AM

Bloody hell - more money on BF2 :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

DrEvil 07 June 2006 11:05 AM

Got to say, really like the new maps.

Midnight Sun - set at dusk, kinda erry feel, plenty of buildings :)

Harvest - lots of farms! lightening in the background & very cloudy - can't drive the tractors thou...

Operation Road Rage - highway through the middle with what looks like spaghetti junction in the middle, some crashed lorries and cars for cover, truck stops (you'll feel at home DemonDave ;)) etc..

New planes to fly, some new helis - including one that looks like Magnum PI's! :D

Gotta say I think this and EF will be fun to play together.

Kieran_Burns 07 June 2006 11:09 AM

So a normal night a SF night and an EF/AF night?

DrEvil 07 June 2006 11:10 AM

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...postcount=9579

Gotta love the pic in the above thread from AF....

darlodge 07 June 2006 07:38 PM

That is a cracking picture:D wonder if he got any kills? :D

I might join you lads soon if that's alright as my clan is slowly moving onto other games, mainly oblivion :(

Are you guys running teamspeak or something else? Also what's the name of the server?

Darren

DrEvil 07 June 2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by darlodge
That is a cracking picture:D wonder if he got any kills? :D

I might join you lads soon if that's alright as my clan is slowly moving onto other games, mainly oblivion :(

Are you guys running teamspeak or something else? Also what's the name of the server?

Darren

Hi Darren,

No probs - register on our site and make your self known to all the clan, I think you'll more than pass the initiation ;) - its a mixed bunch, some from here, some from people's places of work etc.. all a good laff :D

And yes, I'll PM you the details re TS - you'll need a headset thou, as speakers n mic just don't work.

Any questions PM me, Alex

DemonDave 07 June 2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by DrEvil
pass the initiation ;) -

ahh that initiation :eek2:

DrEvil 07 June 2006 08:57 PM

BTW... anyone bored - AF / EF game on now on the server! :D

sammyh 07 June 2006 09:07 PM

Still in the download que :( got to download ef again after that :rolleyes:

badcompany 07 June 2006 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by DrEvil
BTW... anyone bored - AF / EF game on now on the server! :D

trailer looks cool but for some reason it wont take my visa expires date ??

card is ok

say for instance my card number was 08/08 how do i enter it

theres a scroll box at the start for the 08 what do i enter in the second box ????

strange as it worked for the last download update ?

tried a few ways and still getting no joy ..doh

any help please

doug2507 07 June 2006 11:01 PM

Should just be 08 08. Are you registered? Every time i go on now i just click the buy button and thats it sorted. Just d/l the AF expansion. Away to install it. be on in 5!!!

badcompany 07 June 2006 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by doug2507
Should just be 08 08. Are you registered? Every time i go on now i just click the buy button and thats it sorted. Just d/l the AF expansion. Away to install it. be on in 5!!!

yeah name address every things ok they all come up ... tried loads of different ways wont have it

say it was 08/08 tried 08 first scan down box then just 08 second box no joy

strange ???

badcompany 07 June 2006 11:19 PM

just rang the visa via phone bank they just rang back nothing wrong with the card now LOL

recon its just a glitch with the site imm using "well that helps a lot dont it "

DrEvil 07 June 2006 11:52 PM

I recommend you use the 'Click n buy' option - its done via BT in the UK.

badcompany 08 June 2006 12:18 AM

it seem to be with ea games theres always a problem via downloads patches and alike AS SAID ABOVE if the game wasnt that good.. i think a lot of users would have binned it moons ago ..lol but i keep comming back to it

cheers DREVIL for your idea will try it tommorrow THANKS:notworthy

DrEvil 08 June 2006 12:36 AM

I've never used the EA way to pay - always followed the 'click n buy' link - seems to be reliable :) Hope it helps :)

Can wait for a full round of AF / EF on Sunday (clan vote seems to be going that way).

Server is set for BF2 SF tonight (Thur) - kick off from 8-9pm as usual - see you on the battlefield! :D

Kieran_Burns 08 June 2006 09:11 AM

Another vote for BT click and buy - as I had the exact same issue with the expiry date - I *think* you need to put in 2008 rather than 08, but I got sick of it and used BT Click and Pay - very reliable

DrEvil 08 June 2006 11:16 AM

SF tonight! :D

I might be on later, I breached the agreed BF2 SLA with the wife last night by playing AF/EF - was done under change control - so she was a little peeved ;) :D :D :lol1:

.... I think my job is getting to me..... ;)

badcompany 08 June 2006 08:13 PM

sorted downloading it now had to use BT click and buy ..

cheers DREVIL